professor-adam-watts

Professor Adam Watts

25th February 2020

In August 2018 I had revision surgery for a ruptured distal bicep tendon with Professor Adam Watts. The previous surgery in February 2018 about 18 days after the rupture occurred with a different surgeon in the south of England where I live had failed. Worse, the surgeon initially tried to fob me off, telling me the surgery had been successful but that he couldn’t account for why the bicep had not been pulled back in to position (making it obvious the surgery had been unsuccessful). He had no constructive suggestions on how to proceed. This was through private healthcare and left me frustrated, depressed and stressed. It was therefore a huge relief to locate Adam. He pointed out the risks associated with revision surgery and the prognosis. Everything he said to me has come to pass, i.e. I should experience no pain, swelling or bruising from the surgery (unlike the first surgery) the bicep may not regain exactly the same profile but would get back to full strength. Although of mature years (65) when I had the surgery, I consider myself a sportsperson and keep fit doing a fairly serious work out in the gym as well as other physical activities. After physiotherapy and within about 6 months of the surgery I was back to full strength doing the same reps of chins and curls etc. as I had pre the rupture. Although the bicep profile as predicted is slightly different (a little shorter) to what it had been, you would have to look twice to notice and it’s really not an issue. Living in the south east of England it was a very long journey to Wilmslow (3 actually for the initial consultation, surgery and post surgery review) but totally worthwhile. From the first contact with the Practice Manager right through to the surgery and aftercare the experience was a very positive one and I would say to anyone who finds themselves with a similar injury, regardless of where you are, if you value your body and want the best recovery you can get, Professor Watts should be your first choice.

15th September 2020
Response from Professor Adam Watts

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave me such wonderful feedback. We are really glad to have helped you and it's great to hear you are back to full strength. Thank you again.

7th September 2019

5⭐️ Treatment from a 5⭐️ Consultant. Having been under Proff Watts care for several years and having several bouts of surgery he is the most knowledgable caring and understanding consultant I have ever seen. He has an amazing bedside manner and no problem is too small. The four hour round trip every time is definitely worth it. He always manages to get the different tests done in one visit. I can’t thank him enough for the care he has given and continues to give me. I would not go anywhere else. Special thanks to his secretary Jade too who is always there at the end of the phone. Thank you Adam I wouldn’t trust anyone else with my care .

15th September 2020
Response from Professor Adam Watts

Thank you for your very kind review. I am so glad to hear that the long journey are always worthwhile and I will pass on your lovely words to Jade. Thank you again

6th August 2019

Professor Adam Watts is a fantastic consultant. From the minute I stepped into his room he made me feel at ease. His obvious intelligence and wisdom also shone through. He was very detailed and very informative of my symptoms and treatment. Adam also ensured that I had all the information in relation to the treatment and that I fully understood what he was saying. I believe this is a very important sign of a great consultant. I came out of the consultation with a clear plan and a clear understanding of the condition.

15th September 2020
Response from Professor Adam Watts

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback.

4th February 2019

Professor Adam Watts was an exceptionally good surgeon with a lovely, professional manner. My Carpal Tunnel op. has been totally successful, hardly resulting in any type of scar. I am delighted

15th September 2020
Response from Professor Adam Watts

Thank you for taking the time to leave me great feedback. I am very pleased to hear you are happy with the outcome of your operation!

Written by a patient at Wrightington Hospital
19th January 2018

I would like to thank Mr Watts immensely for his care, compassion and above all his skill in replacing my elbow which was totally arthritic due to an accident 10 years ago. Mr Watts is a credit to his profession.

15th September 2020
Response from Professor Adam Watts

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

Professor Watts is a specialist Elbow and Upper Limb Surgeon, practicing predominantly in surgery of the elbow, wrist and hand. Having trained in London and Edinburgh, and completing specialist Fellowship training in Australia and Wrightington Hospital, Professor Watts specialises in sports injuries, key-hole surgery, trauma reconstruction and joint replacement surgery. Adam works at the University of Manchester as Visiting Professor, supervising PhD biomechanics students and he is Research and Governance Lead for the Upper Limb Unit at Wrightington Hospital and convenor of the Wrightington Elbow Symposium and the Elbow and Hand Trauma Courses. He has special research interests in biomechanics, elbow replacement and elbow instability. He has designed novel surgical techniques and implants that are in current use. Adam holds professional membership at The British Orthopaedic Association, The British Society for Surgery of the Hand, The British Elbow and Shoulder Society and European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow. He is on the National Joint Registry Editorial Board and Regional Clinical Coordinators Committee and national guideline committee for treatment of distal radius fractures.

Short link to review Professor Adam Watts: http://iwgc.net/efbo8