Mr Lennard Funk

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

27th October 2013
Written by a patient at Wrightington Hospital

I went to Professor Funk with a complex shoulder condition sustained in a sporting accident 3 years previously. I selected him for his reputation and for endorsements from other people within the field of orthapeadics. When I first saw him (privately) his approach to diagnosis was reassuring; he was the first person to suggest a CT scan and with this he was able to diagnose the boney avulsion inside my rotator cuff tendons. For this, he prescribed surgery to repair the tendon pathology. However, when it came to the day of surgery (NHS), he seemed to change his mind somewhat. Instead, following a very basic physical exam on the way into theatre, he suggested my tendons were probably ok and I would benifit from a simple decompression. This he did. Three months later it was clear I was not recovering, so I sought the help of another surgeon who has since repaired my tendon pathology. I can only describe my experice with this highly reputable surgeon as disappointing.

Short link to review Mr Lennard Funk: http://iwgc.net/eektx