Wrightington Hospital

Hall Lane, Appley Bridge, Wigan, Lancashire England, WN6 9EP

19th October 2018

Brilliant hospital from start to finish. Everything is quality from all the doctors, nurses and staff. The facilities and even the meals can not be bettered. Had a replacement knee operation. No problems whatsoever. Again I can only repeat my personal opinion.... a brilliant place .Thank you Wrightington. True Northern hospitality.

19th January 2018

I have been a patient at this hospital a total of 3 times in 9 years and each time my care has been brilliant. The staff have always been professional and courteous, all credit due to them. This last stay was also as good but could have been better, especially as I was a private patient. If I was being picky, I would have liked to have had a room in a private wing of the hospital (if there was one), yes, i had my one room but that was it. On arrival there wasn't even any soap to wash my hands after visiting the toilet. Obviously I complained but it didn't seem a priority, I insisted and did get some soap. Otherwise all was ok.

11th July 2016

Ward 1. Great professional team. EVERYONE was totally superb including the more junior members of staff. Theatre nurses so very professional. Aftercare post op, well the girls could not have been more helpful. Its a great comfort when you have a team as good as this that performs beyond the call of duty. At times The much maligned NHS needs praise when its due. You only ever read about issues and not enough about correct care. I had an operation on a broken thumb, 2nd Op was needed by MR Adam Watts who I must say is a credit to his profession. This team ranging from reception to ward, to pre op, actual operation and post op care cannot be faulted. I work with a small team of people and each are hand picked. Its obvious to me that we have a similar team of professional people on Ward 1 that shines like a beacon of professional care. I think chocolates are the order of the day girls. Thank you for you're Care last Thursday 5th. Me and my broken thumb although painful are deeply appreciative of your undoubted skills. Mr Watts Sir, you are a star. Thank you. MP.

26th May 2016

I have been attending Wrightington Hospital for over 10 years and during this time My care, support and treatment have been excellent, I advise people to be referred to them because of this. I have a 3 hour round trip from home but consider that worth while for the service that I receive

1st April 2016

The friendliness of staff from all levels is excellent from arriving to leaving the hospital. The cleanliness is unbelievable - a real benchmark for other hospitals to follow . I felt very safe in a secure environment and felt that my privacy and dignity was maintained . The surgeon and anaesthetist both ensured that I fully understood what was happening to me .

{{category}} working at Wrightington Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wrightington Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ie