Wrightington Hospital

Hall Lane, Appley Bridge, Wigan, Lancashire England, WN6 9EP

Written by a NHS patient
24th February 2021

The treatment I have recieved has been nothing short of exceptional from this hospital. Keep up the high standards and great work.

23rd August 2020

I chose Wrightington because it was considered a centre of excellence. I have a left side shoulder impingement where I had had an axillary node clearance due to breast cancer. After a CT scan it was over a year before I was given a follow-up appointment and only after I wrote to them. They appeared unhappy about any surgical intervention due to my previous cancer surgery and their reluctance began to make me reluctant also. I had hoped their extensive experience might have come into contact with someone like me. After a number of appointments where I had a cortisone injection and was repeatedly asked if I wanted to be discharged, after the last one I decided not to go back. The last injection was done by the consultant who appeared irritated and I really felt as if he did not want to treat me. The worst thing was his comment to a colleague, in my hearing, that it might be a recurrence of the cancer. I remain in pain which is helped by anaelgesia and rest which is difficult when you yourself are a carer. I think more regular follow-ups would be beneficial, more honesty about your condition, more empathy and a process less like a conveyor belt would be good.

19th August 2020

V good

{{category}} working at Wrightington Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wrightington Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ie