Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

20th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Question: Why did I leave so long? Years Answer: I was simply frightened. So my veins were getting worse, my legs ached, and they were unsightly. I had treatment many years previously and was not looking forward to more of the same surgery. So I did some homework. The decisions to be made were (1) What sort of treatment was on offer. I was pleased to see there were some choices. (2) Where to go for the treatment. (3) Who did I want to look after me. After making those decisions the rest was straight forward. I made my appointment with Simon Hobbs and asked about the different treatments I had read about. Mr. Hobbs was very informative. I felt extremely comfortable with Mr. Hobbs he explained in detail what my problem was whilst scanning my legs, what the benefits would be, he gave me literature on my treatment to take home to read and gave me a very realistic idea of the time the procedure would take. I made my appointment and felt confident I had chosen the right person for my treatment. On the morning of my procedure Mr. Hobbs took photos of my legs he was friendly and attentive which put me at ease. My procedure took approximately 40 mins. during which I was able to engage fully with Mr. Hobbs and his staff who were all very friendly. Mr. Hobbs explained what I should do in the following days and when he would see me again. I was delighted to be walking out of the hospital within one hour not feeling any pain. Sick weeks late I went back to see Mr. Hobbs. Wow to compare the photos of before and after was quite a shock. Where had those bumps gone. Mr. Hobbs scanned my legs to check everything was as it should be. He was, yet again very attentive and answered my queries. I left very happy. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Hobbs to anyone. I would say if in doubt go and talk it through. There are choices.

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

Mr Hobbs has a compassionate nature and listens to any concerns you may have. Very reassuring gentleman.

5th January 2018
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

I have chronic DVT and 16wks ago i went to see Mr hobbs hoping for an operation to eleviate my problem, however he said he couldn't and said and i quote" we need to find out what's causing it and address that first " so straight after seeing him i had a batch of blood tests, and waited for the results... 16 weeks later I've heard nothing! No contact no letter, well Mr Hobbs you should be ashamed of yourself, i put my confidence in you and you've let me down, thankyou.

10th January 2018
Response from Mr Simon Hobbs

I am so sorry. It was bought to my attention just recently that we had not yet heard back from our haematologists after their advice was sought following your blood tests. I will get onto this this week and get back to you shortly. Many thanks for raising this. Kind regards.

6th December 2017
Written by a carer at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

My family have no hesitation in recommending Simon Hobbs, my mother has been under his care for most of this year and she has consistently received an exceptional level of care from both him and his team. Through worrying times Mr Hobbs has provided reassurance and most importantly has seen her for consultations at very short notice (also thanks to his secretary; Gill) and has arranged her subsequent treatment very quickly as a result. My mother and I are very grateful to Mr Hobbs for his compassion, understanding and continued provision of exceptional care. We see no areas for improvement which in itself says it all.

24th November 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

After 8 months of pain in my head i was refferd to simon Hobbs ,. I had given up on all hope of ever feeling well again. From the first time i saw him ,he made me feel relaxed and at ease. He told me i would need an operation as i had a blood clot in my neck and if i didnthave it removed i could go blind. He was very honest and explained the procedure from start to finish. I had my consultation on the monday and i had my operation on the wednesday at Russell Hall Hospital. Both mr Hobbs and all his staff were kind ,caring,& compasionate.I would recomend this brilliant man to anyone. Ive got my life back and i feel like me again . Thank you doesnt seem enough ! I owe my life to this man & i will be forever gratefull. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart , you are my forever hero

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »