Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

9th April 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Mr Hobbs was fantastic form start to finish. He inspires great confidence and you feel totally reassured that he will do a great job. He explained thoroughly what was required to correct the problem. On the day of the surgery, everything went like clockwork. Bang on time, with everything done with the minimum of fuss, with Mr Hobbs providing explanation and reassurance as to what he was doing. Even with his 'playlist' on in the background, it helped create a calming environment.

28th March 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

I have suffered from thread veins for quite a number of years and decided that I wanted to explore the options available to me for their removal. I made numerous enquiries with a number of different people, but none of them gave me any level of confidence, both in terms of their successful removal and the type of procedure to be used. I was then recommended to contact Simon Hobbs and from the very first meeting, he gave me the level of confidence and assurance I had been longing for. In simple terms, his way of thinking is driven by the welfare of his patient rather than financial gain. I could not be happier with the results and would have no hesitation in recommending Simon to anyone suffering from the same condition.

20th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Question: Why did I leave so long? Years Answer: I was simply frightened. So my veins were getting worse, my legs ached, and they were unsightly. I had treatment many years previously and was not looking forward to more of the same surgery. So I did some homework. The decisions to be made were (1) What sort of treatment was on offer. I was pleased to see there were some choices. (2) Where to go for the treatment. (3) Who did I want to look after me. After making those decisions the rest was straight forward. I made my appointment with Simon Hobbs and asked about the different treatments I had read about. Mr. Hobbs was very informative. I felt extremely comfortable with Mr. Hobbs he explained in detail what my problem was whilst scanning my legs, what the benefits would be, he gave me literature on my treatment to take home to read and gave me a very realistic idea of the time the procedure would take. I made my appointment and felt confident I had chosen the right person for my treatment. On the morning of my procedure Mr. Hobbs took photos of my legs he was friendly and attentive which put me at ease. My procedure took approximately 40 mins. during which I was able to engage fully with Mr. Hobbs and his staff who were all very friendly. Mr. Hobbs explained what I should do in the following days and when he would see me again. I was delighted to be walking out of the hospital within one hour not feeling any pain. Sick weeks late I went back to see Mr. Hobbs. Wow to compare the photos of before and after was quite a shock. Where had those bumps gone. Mr. Hobbs scanned my legs to check everything was as it should be. He was, yet again very attentive and answered my queries. I left very happy. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Hobbs to anyone. I would say if in doubt go and talk it through. There are choices.

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

Mr Hobbs has a compassionate nature and listens to any concerns you may have. Very reassuring gentleman.

5th January 2018
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

I have chronic DVT and 16wks ago i went to see Mr hobbs hoping for an operation to eleviate my problem, however he said he couldn't and said and i quote" we need to find out what's causing it and address that first " so straight after seeing him i had a batch of blood tests, and waited for the results... 16 weeks later I've heard nothing! No contact no letter, well Mr Hobbs you should be ashamed of yourself, i put my confidence in you and you've let me down, thankyou.

10th January 2018
Response from Mr Simon Hobbs

I am so sorry. It was bought to my attention just recently that we had not yet heard back from our haematologists after their advice was sought following your blood tests. I will get onto this this week and get back to you shortly. Many thanks for raising this. Kind regards.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons