New Cross Hospital

Wednesfield Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV10 0QP

« 1 2 3 4 »

20th May 2019

I arrived at new cross on saturday 18th in an ambulance paramedics where great.. sent to sit in and wait to be seen by doctors was in a lot of pain but waited for 3hours to be seen .first doctor i saw was spot on and caring then she went off shift.I was taken to radiology for x rays been in so much pain i needed help to lie down and get up the 2 staff on shift that evening it was a male with a blonde ponytail shaved sides and lady with a ting of blue dye in her hair they where so unprofessional and laughing when i could not sit up and get off the bed due to swollen tummy and severe back pain. I did not see anything funny about it i thought all people should be treated with respect , back to the cubicle to be seen by the new doctor he did not seem to hear me out the whole treatment felt rushed and one sided no.patient centered care was discharged with more pain and in much agony. Thought hospitals where there to treat people not to send them home still in severe pain and much agony. I was so disappointed by this experience

23rd January 2019

I was taken to New Cross Hospital Wolverhampton A & E dept after suffering a fall, though this was on a Saturday night the A & E did not seem over busy. I was given x-rays to my ankle, knee and arm, the result was I had sprained my ankle, bruised my knee and a broken elbow. I also suffered a head wound. Was told my broken elbow would heal on its own and left me with a sling the first aider had put on where I had fallen, my ankle which they told me I had sprained was just left no support strapping and my head wound was just left, no examination for concussion, was told to go home. Asked how we were going to manage as I couldn't weight bare, was told we would find a way. Was told to contact the fracture clinic when we got back to Bristol. Went to Southmead Hospital on the Sunday, what a difference, explained that New Cross had x-rayed me and that I had broken my elbow, first thing they did was to re-arrange my sling for someone who had a broken elbow and were surprised New Cross had not done this, they re-examined my x-ray to find I had broken my ankle as well. Contrary to New Cross advice that we would find a way Southmead Hospital kept me in over night to ensure things could be put in place so I would be safe when I went home. When I did go home, I was sent with a support boot for my ankle, proper sling for a broken elbow and a leaflet regarding my head trauma.

30th August 2018

This hospital needs a good shake up they are a disgrace. they cant even communicate between each department. I attended the Breast Clinic on the 16th August to undergo a monogram and had to have further scans due to having a lump on my breast and family history of breast cancer. The consultant had found a mass on my breast and said he would need to contact Burton Hospital where I had undergone breast screening back in 2016 so that he could compare images and would be back contact with me asap. Over two weeks now I am still waiting and have phoned many times to be told two different stories. One person saying on the Friday 24th August they had received the scans from Burton and would send them over to the consultant to look at. Then I called again on the 30th August to be told they had not received the scans from Burton Hospital. So I contacted Burton Hospital myself to be told the scans had been sent over on the day they had been requested which was on the 16th August. They are unreal can they not communicate between departments!!! In the mean time I have now had to book and pay out to go private to get some answers. And I am still waiting over two weeks later for MR SICAR to get back to me which he said he would contact me within two weeks.

4th April 2018

I was admitted into the Appleby Clinic by Mr Williams for a complicated medical Condition. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. The anathetist gave me something to relax me they said small scratch I’m used to having Ivs I always bite my lip but it wasn’t as bad as normal.

18th January 2018

My father is in Ward A8 at the moment and since his arrival the staff have been fantastic, both nursing staff and Doctors keeping us well informed of his treatment. All very friendly and caring My father says that the night staff are not so friendly

« 1 2 3 4 »

{{category}} working at New Cross Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review New Cross Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4mb