New Cross Hospital

Wednesfield Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV10 0QP

23rd January 2019

I was taken to New Cross Hospital Wolverhampton A & E dept after suffering a fall, though this was on a Saturday night the A & E did not seem over busy. I was given x-rays to my ankle, knee and arm, the result was I had sprained my ankle, bruised my knee and a broken elbow. I also suffered a head wound. Was told my broken elbow would heal on its own and left me with a sling the first aider had put on where I had fallen, my ankle which they told me I had sprained was just left no support strapping and my head wound was just left, no examination for concussion, was told to go home. Asked how we were going to manage as I couldn't weight bare, was told we would find a way. Was told to contact the fracture clinic when we got back to Bristol. Went to Southmead Hospital on the Sunday, what a difference, explained that New Cross had x-rayed me and that I had broken my elbow, first thing they did was to re-arrange my sling for someone who had a broken elbow and were surprised New Cross had not done this, they re-examined my x-ray to find I had broken my ankle as well. Contrary to New Cross advice that we would find a way Southmead Hospital kept me in over night to ensure things could be put in place so I would be safe when I went home. When I did go home, I was sent with a support boot for my ankle, proper sling for a broken elbow and a leaflet regarding my head trauma.

30th August 2018

This hospital needs a good shake up they are a disgrace. they cant even communicate between each department. I attended the Breast Clinic on the 16th August to undergo a monogram and had to have further scans due to having a lump on my breast and family history of breast cancer. The consultant had found a mass on my breast and said he would need to contact Burton Hospital where I had undergone breast screening back in 2016 so that he could compare images and would be back contact with me asap. Over two weeks now I am still waiting and have phoned many times to be told two different stories. One person saying on the Friday 24th August they had received the scans from Burton and would send them over to the consultant to look at. Then I called again on the 30th August to be told they had not received the scans from Burton Hospital. So I contacted Burton Hospital myself to be told the scans had been sent over on the day they had been requested which was on the 16th August. They are unreal can they not communicate between departments!!! In the mean time I have now had to book and pay out to go private to get some answers. And I am still waiting over two weeks later for MR SICAR to get back to me which he said he would contact me within two weeks.

4th April 2018

I was admitted into the Appleby Clinic by Mr Williams for a complicated medical Condition. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. The anathetist gave me something to relax me they said small scratch I’m used to having Ivs I always bite my lip but it wasn’t as bad as normal.

18th January 2018

My father is in Ward A8 at the moment and since his arrival the staff have been fantastic, both nursing staff and Doctors keeping us well informed of his treatment. All very friendly and caring My father says that the night staff are not so friendly

18th October 2017

on arriving to a&e and telling them i had a problem with a colostomy twice and the triage nurse calling me in to ask why i was there to tell her about the problems the lady o the desk had not told her about my colostomy but something different: to be seen by a doctor who did not know what irrigation was and treated me as if i had a normal bowel i wont put you through the detail 2nd time going less than a week apart i was told i was constipated and to see my gp for a prescription after 4 hours there and a complete run round ended up back there in the evening with out of hours gp to admit me to surgical ward so we thought i was given a questionaire went through a series of tests to be told they had looked at my xray i was constipated and gave me a prescription signed by a colerectal surgeon who didnt see me despite not being able to keep food down hot and cold sweats again i was turned away im fighting with a secretary to give me an appt and because i have complained about her she states now its going to delay me getting an appt also suggested i try another hospital that does not use ccg funding i have not had a letter to say i havent got the funding for my surgery and all im doing is going round in circles maybe i do need another hospital you have treated me appalling despite the patient charter to right to care and treatment

{{category}} working at New Cross Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review New Cross Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4mb