Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon and one of the founder members of the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

13th July 2016
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Met this surgeon on the day of my op which was to be carried out by himself and his team at the SKIN Clinic Wolverhampton. Everything was explained and shown to me clearly, in language i could understand and not one surgeon talking to another surgeon of what he would be actually doing while operating on me. During the op i was completely kept informed at all times of what he was doing and what he was about to do next. In my opinion at no time during the consultation or the op, and even 6 weeks later for the follow up after the op did he not consider my well-being. Would not hesitate for this surgeon to advise me,or operate on me in the the future as i was more than pleased with the result and i think he was to. Many Many Thanks Simon regards Adrian.

6th July 2016
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Mr Hobbs was very professional and put my mind at ease about my operation. He explained everything clearly in the consultation. My op went very well and I am pleased with the results. My legs are healing well. Would highly recommend him.

5th July 2016
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

6cm Aneurism on Aorta, spotted accidentally during a PET scan for Cancer in throat area and then treated very quickly by Mr Hobbs and his Team. I was fortunate enough to have an epidural because I was unusually fit and the whole operation and recovery was exactly as predicted. The stent insertion has been entirely successful and, relatively painless. So 6 weeks later I've played golf twice and my recovery is at a stage where my original cancer scare can be dealt with. I even had a 'phone call from Mr. Hobbs , late one evening and early during my treatment. This was most useful in building my confidence. It was only to re-arrange an appointment but saved a lot of my time. I felt it was well beyond the care I might have expected as an NHS patient well into his 80s. Thanks to the Team at New Cross for their Professionalism and the care and friendliness.

29th June 2016
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

A gentleman with compasion,a great listener,very investigative and informative an excellent bedside manner it was a pleasure to meet him,he had my trust from the start.I saw him at the Nuffield,New Cross and my surgery was carried out at Russells Hall.His demeanour at all times was impeccable.

12th February 2016
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr Hobbs and his team were excellent throughout the whole of my treatment. I can not speak too highly of the care and information I received.I was concerned about having an operation in a hospital I did not know, but the experience was most reassuring.I have no suggestions for improvement.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons