Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon and one of the founder members of the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

It is difficult to find the words adequate enough to describe the gentleman that is Mr Simon Hobbs. I had to have an emergency referral to a vascular surgeon in May 2017 resulting in a femoral crossover and amputation of my little toe. Fortunately for me the appointment was with Mr Hobbs. Telling me to visit a doctor etc... is like asking someone with Aracnophobia to enter a room full of spiders! My initial consultation with Mr Hobbs allayed all my fear, my state of nerves probably scared him more than he scared me. He took the appropriate tests and within a week he had operated. He is calm, considerate and a genius in his field. Everyone who has a vascular problem needs this surgeon. Thank you Simon for giving me my life back. Sue Knowles

9th July 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr Hobbs performed an operation on varicose veins in my left leg on Thursday 6.7.17 at NHS Newcross Hospital. The induction and preparation for the procedure was superb and in theatre similarly superb. The focus and attention of staff and surgeon was just great and put one at ease and made very good going for someone a little squeemish as myself and one not liking operations. All round superb.

22nd May 2017
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

I would like to thank Mr Simon Hobbs for the new lease of life I have been given. Prior to the operation I was extremely nervous and apprehensive which was understandable but the care I received from Mr Hobbs and also the nurses at Russell's Hall Hospital was second to none. The operation went smoothly and the aftercare was brilliant with lots of support and nothing was too much trouble and I can't thank Mr Hobbs and the nurses enough for what has been done for me. Thank you Ernest Freeman

16th May 2017
Written by a member of staff at New Cross Hospital

he listens to your symptoms , explains and understands your concerns. He is a credit to the NHS

5th May 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

I first saw Mr Hobbs in November 2016 about vein problems and was immediately Impressed with his professionalism and his manner. I told him at the time the whole outpatients experience and his work was appreciated. I had an operation on April 28 and I believe that the experience was the best I have had during 60-odd years of NHS treatment. From the time I turned up and saw a receptionist and was met by nurses Bassi and Josi I was impressed with their care and diligence. In the operating theatre the nurses - two Jane and a Janine- quickly put me at ease and Mr Hobbs was very re-assuring and the nurses were friendly and quite funny. After the operation I said: "If the NHS could bottle this efficiency and atmosphere it would be going places." I was very impressed by the whole experience and would recommend Mr Hobbs to anyone who needed his assistance. He is a polite and unassuming man and was most anxious to put me at my ease - and performed a very successful operation. I must say the whole hospital experience at New Cross was highly professional and it was a pleasure - well almost! - to be treated there.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »