Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

14th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Excellent professional service received for varicose vein treatment. Procedure was fully explained and procedure was really painless and excellent results have been achieved. Would highly recommend Mr Hobbs and team at the Nuffield.

4th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

After thorough research, I chose Mr Hobbs, even though it meant travelling out of the county. I didn't want a general anaesthetic, but I was concerned about undergoing fairly extensive varicose vein surgery under a local anaesthetic. I need not have worried. Mr Hobbs and his theatre team were friendly, reassuring and totally professional. The ablation of the veins in both legs was soon over with, and because of the local anaesthetic, was pain-free, just slightly uncomfortable for a few seconds. The phlebectomies were virtually painless and I was able to relax listening to music and chatting to Mr Hobbs and the team. I arrived at 9:15am and was on my way home by 1pm. Following surgery, by week three, I had joined an over 55's ballet class! My legs feel lighter, less tried, I'm not troubled by restless legs at night and I'm wearing skirts again. Totally delighted with the results and have no hesitation in recommending Mr Hobbs.

26th February 2019
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Mr Hobbs provided excellent service and care throughout my treatment. Both my legs were treated for varicose veins and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

5th February 2019
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

After years of having varicose veins, I’d read about the problems they’ll eventually bring and decided to bite the bullet and get them done whilst still feeling fit and strong. I have to say I couldn’t have spoken to anyone nicer or more understanding than mr Hobbs. I felt total confidence as he examined, scanned and then explained all the different procedures he needed to do. I was quite surprised that I’d be awake during the treatment, but there really was no need to be put out, indeed It was a more comfortable environment and experience than the dentist chair. Walked out a couple of hours later and carried on with everything as normal at home. Couple of months on, I’m really amazed at how much better my legs feel, after having the veins for so long I’d become used to the heaviness so much so that you don’t even notice. But another great bonus is, is that they look so much better and not like I’ve been in a rugby game. No pain at all, wish so much I’d had them done years ago. AMAZING thanks a million. You can be sure that I’ll be back like a shot if any more appear

17th January 2019
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

I can't thanks Mr Hobbs enough for the operation he conducted on me for a minor pec release. The last two years have been very difficult in respect of my health, seen numerous doctors, underwent MRI scans, x-rays, blood tests etc due to the constant repetitive symptoms I had. The symptoms I had was as I can only describe was having a heart attack all the time. Even though all my tests came back positive there was no diagnosis. I had constant pain in my left arm, pins and needles sensations in my hand, changes in temperature, dizziness, excessive weakness in my left arm. All of which brought on anxiety. The moment when I realised that I couldn't put up with it anymore was when I started to lose grip in my hand and would just drop things. I had constant repetitive strain throughout my whole arm. I honestly couldn't put up with it anymore. After attending the doctors the last time I was referred to MSK services where I went for physio. Despite attending nothing was working. I was eventually referred to Mr Hobbs. He was the only doctor/specialist who didn't put my condition down to anxiety. He listened to everything I said, describing my symptoms and ensured that I had a thorough examination. Mr Hobbs is very understanding after attending to doctors numerous times to put my condition down to anxiety he discounted this immediately. He knew aswell as I knew this wasn't anxiety. I was diagnosed with a condition of Pec Minor Syndrome, a rare condtion. Mr Hobbs conducted surgery on my left leg minor cutting some of the muscle tissue away which was compressing on my nerves. I was kept in hospital overnight. Mr Hobbs ensured he saw me prior to going into surgery talked me through the whole process which made me feel at ease. He even came and saw me the following morning. Considering I had an operation I did not have any pain from where he operated even a few days later. All I experienced was soreness. I underwent physiotherapy with Anna Simpson who was just brilliant. I can honestly say since the operation I have had no symptoms ever since.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons