Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

21st October 2019

I found Mr Hobbs to be completely professional and caring, he listened to me and explained all options for my surgery. On the day of surgery he fully explained the procedure and what I would expect, he constantly kept in touch during the procedure and gave full instructions for my after care. I have today seen Mr Hobbs for my follow up and he continued to be fully professional and I was discharged. Top Marks - Thank you.

Written by a carer at New Cross Hospital
24th September 2019

The care shown by Mr Hobbs is truly tremendous. From diagnosis of a life threatening condition, his advice on the best treatment, subsequent surgery and recovery he has shown extreme skill & professionalism. He takes an interest in the individual and one always feels safe in his care. And all this with a smile and certainty that inspire utter confidence that you could not be in better hands. His whole team are stars. I can never thank him enough for saving my father's life

Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital
23rd September 2019

Wonderful consultant/patient bonhomie. What a pleasure to have been treated by this consultant and his team!

3rd June 2019

I saw Mr Hobbs earlier this year in relation to veracious veins which were causing me problems around my running. I have to say he was excellent from the first consultation to a procedure and then final consultation. The problem has been resolved thanks to his treatment and I am now able to get back to running. I found Mr Hobbs to be totally professional and effective, I would recommend him to anyone requiring his skills. Mark Thomas.

14th March 2019

Excellent professional service received for varicose vein treatment. Procedure was fully explained and procedure was really painless and excellent results have been achieved. Would highly recommend Mr Hobbs and team at the Nuffield.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons