Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon and one of the founder members of the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

3rd April 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

From the first consultation with Mr Hobbs for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, I felt like he totally understood how I was feeling and the impact being in pain was having on my life and lifestyle. He listened to me wth empathy and I genuinely felt like he wanted to help me. Mr Hobbs arranged appropriate tests quickly and when it was decided (jointly) I would be having surgery he explained everything so I felt very reassured. My surgery went well and I had immediate positive results. He then arranged post-operative physio and timely follow-up appointments. Mr Hobbs professionalism has been second to none, I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

25th January 2017
Written by a carer at New Cross Hospital

The care and treatment given by Mr Hobbs was outstanding . After suffering for many years with very painful ulcers on her ankles she was given treatment and they healed . When discharged he said to ring if we had any further problems . We did have cause to do this it was on a Friday Mr Hobbs was on holiday his secretary rang him and told him how worried we were, she rang us back and said to bring her to see him on Monday . The unrelated problem was very serious and thanks to his quick and caring response she is now cured and was discharged on 23 Jan 2017.Many many thanks Mr Hobbs .

6th January 2017
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Excellent procedure on my varicose vein by Mr Hobbs and his team at Sk:n . Everything very well explained from start to finish. Completely made me feel at ease before and during my procedure. I would highly recommend Mr Hobbs and his team 100%. The aftercare is fantastic , I received phone calls to make sure I was ok the next day and told not to be afraid to call if I needed any advice . A big thankyou Mr Hobbs the results to my leg is fantastic and no longer do I suffer the aches ....Kerry Lucas

21st December 2016
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

13th July 2016
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Met this surgeon on the day of my op which was to be carried out by himself and his team at the SKIN Clinic Wolverhampton. Everything was explained and shown to me clearly, in language i could understand and not one surgeon talking to another surgeon of what he would be actually doing while operating on me. During the op i was completely kept informed at all times of what he was doing and what he was about to do next. In my opinion at no time during the consultation or the op, and even 6 weeks later for the follow up after the op did he not consider my well-being. Would not hesitate for this surgeon to advise me,or operate on me in the the future as i was more than pleased with the result and i think he was to. Many Many Thanks Simon regards Adrian.

« 1 2 3 4 »