Russells Hall Hospital

Dudley, West Midlands, England, DY1 2HQ

4th June 2018

I hear a lot of bad things about RHH, I’m happy to say I have never experienced them. My father was looked after wonderfully for weeks, at the end of his life. My Granddaughters who have lifelong conditions are looked after wonderfully at the beginning of theirs. And I’m currently undergoing all kinds of treatment and investigations, from cleaners to consultants almost everyone I have encountered has been kind, considerate and efficient.

25th May 2018

A & E Dept. absolute shambles , wife taken in by ambulance with breathing difficulties because she has end stage C.O.P.D. , firstly told she has infection which has not cleared up properly then by another doctor she does not have infection. She also has a syringe driver which I told them at 11:30am had to be replenished by 13:30, by 19:30 syringe driver still not done , wife now gone 6 hrs without medication ,this is the second time in 6 days this has happened in here. In desperation I was forced to phone my sister to bring oxygen bottle from home (they would not loan us one) so I could get her home , then had to call district nurse to come out and do syringe driver, by now at least 7 hrs without meds. How people are not dying in there I don't know, must be more luck than judgement. The real scary thing is they don't care !!!!!

13th June 2017

I received good service and the treatment was successful

8th June 2017

A&e doctor was very good once I got to see them after being left freezing cold in my nightie in the waiting area after arriving by ambulance. Nursing staff were fantastic on cardiology ward but Dr Barr was an egotistical arrogant man who I would not like to meet again! I will not go to this hospital again - I will travel to the QE even if I'm dying!!

5th July 2016

I have used this hospital several times and they have always looked after me well! My first visit was 20 years ago when I came off my racing bike - don't ask me what a 63 year old was doing at 28mph on a racing bike! A and E sorted me out for extensive cuts and bruises so I was soon back in the saddle. 10 years later I had a feeling that I was unwell but alone at home. A 999 call had me into an ambulance with a Heart Block and slowing pulse. At the Hospital a day under observation and a day later I had my Pacemaker. This served me well for 8 years when another emergency had me at New Cross for a replacement unit. Problem free. For the last 5 years or so I have had treatment for Keratosis under Dr.Ladoyanni and this has kept skin cancer at bay. Friendly and efficient team. Now I am under Mr. Liew for treatment for a possible cancer in my Salivary Glands. I have a scan later this month and I have confidence in this team who have had to stand back whilst I had an emergency treatment for an Aortal Aneurism

Short link to review Russells Hall Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4vz