Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

17th January 2019
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

I can't thanks Mr Hobbs enough for the operation he conducted on me for a minor pec release. The last two years have been very difficult in respect of my health, seen numerous doctors, underwent MRI scans, x-rays, blood tests etc due to the constant repetitive symptoms I had. The symptoms I had was as I can only describe was having a heart attack all the time. Even though all my tests came back positive there was no diagnosis. I had constant pain in my left arm, pins and needles sensations in my hand, changes in temperature, dizziness, excessive weakness in my left arm. All of which brought on anxiety. The moment when I realised that I couldn't put up with it anymore was when I started to lose grip in my hand and would just drop things. I had constant repetitive strain throughout my whole arm. I honestly couldn't put up with it anymore. After attending the doctors the last time I was referred to MSK services where I went for physio. Despite attending nothing was working. I was eventually referred to Mr Hobbs. He was the only doctor/specialist who didn't put my condition down to anxiety. He listened to everything I said, describing my symptoms and ensured that I had a thorough examination. Mr Hobbs is very understanding after attending to doctors numerous times to put my condition down to anxiety he discounted this immediately. He knew aswell as I knew this wasn't anxiety. I was diagnosed with a condition of Pec Minor Syndrome, a rare condtion. Mr Hobbs conducted surgery on my left leg minor cutting some of the muscle tissue away which was compressing on my nerves. I was kept in hospital overnight. Mr Hobbs ensured he saw me prior to going into surgery talked me through the whole process which made me feel at ease. He even came and saw me the following morning. Considering I had an operation I did not have any pain from where he operated even a few days later. All I experienced was soreness. I underwent physiotherapy with Anna Simpson who was just brilliant. I can honestly say since the operation I have had no symptoms ever since.

6th January 2019
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

I was fortunate enough to be operated on by Mr Hobbs who is a highly skilled surgeon and an extremely pleasant person also. I am a TOS patient (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome) which means that I had brachial plexus nerve and artery compression. I am currently 3 weeks post-surgery and am doing very well indeed. Despite having upper limb dysfunction which was extremely incapacitating for over 8 years and searching for a solution for all of that time (until I found Mr Hobbs via my physiotherapist); my prognosis is that I should have a complete and full recovery. I am absolutely thrilled and have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Mr Hobbs. My only hope is that other TOS patients will find their way to him and be helped in the same way. Any patient or professional reading this review should also know that I had a good deal of scarring that would have made the surgery not straightforward to say the least. I would also like to mention that the anesthetist he works with was similarly brilliant and knew the precise way to deal with surgery of this nature that included nerve blocks that delimited pain and discomfort. Thank you so much Mr Hobbs - you are truly a skilled and brilliant surgeon. Laila Lock

17th December 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

I knew my varicose veins needed attention, but kept putting off seeing someone about them. Eventually I plucked up courage to do something about them . After doing some research I chose to see Mr Hobbs. He was so reassuring, explaining everything thoroughly, and which type of treatment would benefit me. The procedure went without any problems, and very little discomfort. The nurses were lovely, and Mr Hobbs was explaining everything he was doing. There was music in the background, I felt really relaxed the whole time. I didn't need any painkillers at all and I walked quite a distance in the days following with no ill effect. My legs look so much better now and I'm so pleased I went ahead. I just wish I'd had them done sooner. Thank you Mr Hobbs, I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending you.

18th December 2018
Response from Mr Simon Hobbs

Thank you very much. This is a lovely review. I am really pleased with the team we have built to deliver these treatments and am delighted you are happy with the results.

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Mr Simon Hobbs carried out a varicose vein procedure. He was very reassuring and provided me with good information and advice regarding my procedure. The procedure was completed very efficiently with minimum discomfort and aftercare was also very good.

23rd September 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

In the last 3 months Mr Hobbs has done the varicose veins on both of my legs. I am a registered nurse and was well aware that I was not an ideal patient being over weight and having very impressive varicose veins since the birth of my first child 30 years previous. My memories of varicose vein surgery was very barbaric with limited results and high reoccurance. Mr Hobbs explained that he would tailor make the surgery for my needs and he was very confident I would get a good result. The procedure itself was uncomfortable but not painful, I was put very much at my ease by fabulous theatre staff who chatted away; I was even able to choose my own playlist whilst in theatre. The recovery has been great. I no longer have aching legs and they will never be beautiful put gosh they look years younger. Thank you to Mr Hobbs and everyone involved, I tested your skills and the results are amazing .

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons