Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

17th May 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Had veins treated by Mr Hobbs via a combination of techniques. From the first consultation right through to follow up appointment I found him excellent. Very thorough and knowledgeable, professional and reassuring throughout the whole experience. Very pleased with the results and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to others.

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

My first contact was with Mr Hobbs secretary Gillian, she is very knowledgeable and immediately made me feel at ease. Consultation was quickly arranged and Mr Hobbs was brilliant, explaining everything and taking time to listen to my questions and concerns. On the day of the procedure I was very nervous due to never visiting hospital before but the nurses at Nuffield and Mr Hobbs were amazing and just over an hour later I was on my way home. Looking forward to getting my right leg done later on this year. My advice is don't hesitate and get a consultation booked as soon as you can.

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

A total non pain process would recommend this doctor to anyone wonderful experience

9th April 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Mr Hobbs was fantastic form start to finish. He inspires great confidence and you feel totally reassured that he will do a great job. He explained thoroughly what was required to correct the problem. On the day of the surgery, everything went like clockwork. Bang on time, with everything done with the minimum of fuss, with Mr Hobbs providing explanation and reassurance as to what he was doing. Even with his 'playlist' on in the background, it helped create a calming environment.

28th March 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

I have suffered from thread veins for quite a number of years and decided that I wanted to explore the options available to me for their removal. I made numerous enquiries with a number of different people, but none of them gave me any level of confidence, both in terms of their successful removal and the type of procedure to be used. I was then recommended to contact Simon Hobbs and from the very first meeting, he gave me the level of confidence and assurance I had been longing for. In simple terms, his way of thinking is driven by the welfare of his patient rather than financial gain. I could not be happier with the results and would have no hesitation in recommending Simon to anyone suffering from the same condition.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons