Mr Ramu Muniraju

Mr Ramu Muniraju is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at New Victoria Hospital. He began practicing general ophthalmology and cataract surgery since 1995 . He underwent fellowship training in medical Retina at King’s College Hospital and at the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. Currently he is a substantive consultant at Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust and clinical lead for Diabetic eye screening programme Surrey . He specialises in micro-incision cataract surgery under topical anaesthetic drops, Minor Eye Operations, Lasers, General Ophthalmology, Diabetic Eye Disease, Macular Degeneration and other Retinal conditions

• Ophthalmology

5th September 2019
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

It was a pleasure meeting MrMuniraju who gave me confidence in the small op he was going to carry out (cataracts) He was very informative, explaining everything thoroughly and although he gave me confidence he was also very gentle. He took his time, there was no rush, answering all my questions in detail. I would definitely recommend him to anybody else who needs this operation, in fact seeing my experience my husband is now going ahead with the same op.

28th August 2019
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

He listened to my concerns and reassured me about the process. Eye surgery sounds terrifying to many people but the op was faster, more simple and less uncomfortable than a visit to the dentist. Not at all worried about having other cataract done now.

27th August 2019
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I consider I have received excellent advise and care from Mr Ramu Muniraju and was extremely pleased with the outcome of cataract surgery on both eyes resulting a major change and large improvement in my eye sight. I was impressed with the complete operating team at Ashtead hospital and felt reassured throughout the two procedures on each occasion. I can understand the concern that one may have regarding this operation but cannot recommend highly this surgery with this team

20th August 2019
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I had absolute faith in Mr Muniraju from my first meeting. His caring, kind manner put me at ease immediately and he clearly explained the procedure and gave me different options. I had no fear, even though I had local anaesthetic, and was very pleased I did not have to have an injection around my eye - only eyedrops. Having visited him today at Ashtead Hospital , 2 weeks after my operation ,he was very pleased with the outcome and is arranging for a procedure on my other eye. I could not recommend Mr Mumiraju high enough. - Thankyou.

25th June 2019
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

I was very happy with Mr Muniraju's treatment. Not just because my two cataract operations went very well but also for the advice and information he provided both before and after.

Nearest Ophthalmologists