mr-ramu-muniraju

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

14th February 2020

Mr Ramu Munirajuwas very helpful and answered all my questions kindly and professionally. I suffer sometimes from South claustrophobia and he was at great pains to ensure that I did not ! I cannot think of anything that could be done to make my experience better. I was and am very pleased with the card I received.

12th February 2020

I would like to say that Dr Muniraju was very clear about the procedure for my op and I felt relaxed during the quiet operation which was over so quickly without any pain. He gave me time at the follow up appointment to ask any questions and explained them fully without me feeling I was taking up his time. I will be able to have my second eye operation without any qualms. Thank you.

11th February 2020

Obviously very busy but remained professional and efficient. When we had a little more time today he was absolutely charming. I think the cataract surgery service which he operates at Ashtead Hospital, on the NHS, would be difficult to improve. I was given an appointment to see him, initially, promptly and the actual surgery was just a few weeks later. Surgery for the second eye was also more or less when he said it would be. If the NHS, in general, was as good it would be a great advance. If this is “privatisation” of the NHS I’m all for it. Of course it isn’t privatisation, it’s the provision of extra capacity. Thank you Mr Muniraju.

4th February 2020

From the very first consultation Mr Muniraju was totally professional, admirably knowledgeable, and an excellent communicator. He answered all my queries fully and thankfully in layman's terms! He explained all the possible options relative to my condition, and emphasised that I should take my time to consider and decide on the way forward. His approach gave me complete confidence in his judgement and capability. I was totally satisfied with his handling of the pre-op briefing, the operation itself, and of the follow-up consultation and his helpful advice for the future with regard to my eyesight. I cannot therefore think of any way in which the service which he so cheerfully provided could be further improved in any way.

4th February 2020
Response from Mr Ramu Muniraju

28th January 2020

I do not believe my care could have been any better. At the consultation for my cataract operation, Mr Muniraju explained exactly what was involved in the examination of the cataract, operation and after-care. I was nervous about the operation but he advised me exactly what to do to help with this. As advised, the operation was totally pain-free and I did not even realise it was complete until advised. The operation has been a complete success and has fully restored the sight in my eye.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Ramu Muniraju was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Ramu Muniraju is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at New Victoria Hospital. He began practicing general ophthalmology and cataract surgery since 1995 . He underwent fellowship training in medical Retina at King’s College Hospital and at the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. Currently he is a substantive consultant at Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust and clinical lead for Diabetic eye screening programme Surrey . He specialises in micro-incision cataract surgery under topical anaesthetic drops, Minor Eye Operations, Lasers, General Ophthalmology, Diabetic Eye Disease, Macular Degeneration and other Retinal conditions

Nearest Ophthalmologists