Mr Hooman Sherafat

Mr. Hooman Sherafat is a consultant ophthalmic surgeon and Clinical Director at the Royal Eye Unit, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He is a general ophthalmologist, performing operations such as complex cataract surgery, as well as having a special interest in ophthalmic, oculoplastic (all disorders of eyelids), lacrimal (tear system) and reconstructive surgery.

• Ophthalmology

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

28th January 2019
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

Mr Sherafat has great technical skill, is empathetic, a good communicator; he is completely reliable . My family call him Mr wonderful, which he is. I would highly recommend him , which is an understatement.

5th June 2018
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

Wish I could rate at 7 STAR, this Dr is nothing short of an expert in Ophthalmology. I have a complicated medical history and for past year and half, been suffering badly with blurred vision, itchy, scratchy and weeping eyes especially in right eye. It got so bad that on some occasions, I had to avoid driving. After seeing five different specialists (NHS and Private), and trying various treatments including, Chloramphenicol, Steriods (Prednisolone) and various others. Dr Hooman, carefully listened to my history and with his forensic analysis and detective work, quickly and accurately established root cause on first diagnosis and voila! within 2 months, I finally have my vision restored. Highly recommended.

24th January 2018
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

I recently underwent surgery to correct the involutional ptosis which was significant impeding the vision in my left eye. This is a congenital condition which was exacerbated by 40 years of wearing gas permeable contact lenses. It's fair to say that I approached the procedure with considerable trepidation - due in no small measure to the complex ocular history on my father's side. Almost 3 weeks on from the surgery I am still a bit overawed that the operation has made to both my vision & also my overall appearance. The quality of care & attention that I received from Mr Sherafat & the rest of his "A" team at The REU was excellent. Whilst it's not an experience I'd rush to repeat, it is nevertheless one that will live long in the memory for all the best reasons. The quality of care & attention I received was first class & I feel very fortunate to have experienced the NHS at his best !

21st November 2017
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

Sexist,rude,not bothered in your care.

6th January 2015
Written by a patient at Kingston Hospital

He greets you in a friendly, caring manner. Explains everything fully. The treatment was first class. He pays a lot of attention to detail and has one's feeling in mind. The treatment I received has lasted 9 months and was exceptional. Mr Sherafat, as a professional doctor, one could not wish for better. I am one very satisfied patient.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »