mr-nick-koutroumanos

Mr Nick Koutroumanos

Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital
5th December 2019

Mr Nick Koutroumanos has performed my right upper eyelid anterior levator repair for congenital ptosis. To translate it into the  human language, I had my right upper eyelid dropped significantly.  I was born with this condition, but it was getting worse with an age.      I was incredible lucky to meet Nick. He has explained to me all procedure, all pros and cons, what I can expect after surgery. I trust him  and he never disappointed me. Mr Nick has done my surgery in August 2019. The result was seen immediately. The healing was going well. And in 4 weeks my eyes were symmetric and beautiful again. I am very very pleased with the result. I can not be more grateful to Nick for my magic transformation. I was hiding my eyes behind the glasses per ages. My family and friends are amazed with the result.      Nick is an enormously talented surgeon. He has the gold hands and he knows exactly how to make it right. Nick is not only a surgeon, he is an artist who is capable to create the beautiful outcome.      Nick is polite, approachable, professional, reliable, always happy to help. He is one of the best eyelid surgeon in UK. I have the right to say it as I see my eyes every day in the mirror.    I am enormously grateful to him, and i do recommend Nick  to everyone who has this problem.You can't be in the better hands.    If anybody is considering this type of surgery, I am always ready to share the  pictures of my eyes before and after surgery.

Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital
1st December 2019

Very pleased with my treatment for two recent cataract operations under the care of Mr Nick Koutroumanos. He is very approachable, explained every aspect of the procedure putting me at ease, as I was very nervous. Would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
29th November 2019

I had a fairly complex right external dacryocystorhinostomy (!!) and at every stage Nick made me feel comfortable about the procedure and accompanying stages. The process has gone to best-case-scenario for me which is brilliant. Nick was reassuring and professional as well as friendly. He provided the option to speak to him at any time which can always help during medical procedures. Would totally recommend his services.

Written by a carer at The Royal Free Hospital
7th November 2019

Mr Koutroumanos treated my 5 year old. Excellent experience from start to finish. The treatment and operation were explained clearly, he was very good making at reassuring our child and us.

Written by a carer at The Royal Free Hospital
7th September 2019

My 98 year old father was in need of cataract operations on both of his eyes but before this could be done he needed ectropian surgery as his bottom lids were turning out. He was very reluctant and anxious due to previous bad experiences until he met with Mr Koutroumanos. Nick took time to explain all that was involved and put my Dad at ease. Although it meant going to Edgeware Hospital rather than our local Chase Farm for all three procedures my father refused to allow anyone else other than Nick to operate. He had total trust in him> Nick then arranged for all follow up visits to be done at his clinic at Chase Farm so that it was easier and less stressful for my Dad. Nothing was too much trouble for Nick and we have nothing but praise and gratitude for all he has done. My Dad's quality of life now he can see again has improved so much thanks to the wonderful Mr Nick Koutroumanos.

Nick is a subspecialty certified Consultant Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon. He graduated from Newcastle Medical School and undertook his Ophthalmic Residency at Moorfields Eye Hospital. Following extensive general Ophthalmology practice there with a focus in Ophthalmic Plastic and Cataract Surgery, he was appointed as an Oculoplastics Fellow at Moorfields. He subsequently completed a Senior Clinical Fellowship in Oculoplastics at the Royal Free Hospital before moving to Canada to undertake the world-renowned Oculoplastics Fellowship at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. For this, he was awarded both the prestigious Keeler Scholarship and the HCA International Scholarship. Nick has developed special expertise in adult and paediatric Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive, Lacrimal and Orbital Surgery and runs a large NHS practice at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. He also leads the NHS Oculoplastic Service in Barnet, Enfield and Edgware and is a qualified senior trainer in eyelid and cataract surgery and general ophthalmology. He receives tertiary referrals and consults patients of all ages with eyelid, tear-duct, eye socket conditions and dry and watery eye concerns. In his private practice, Nick also offers personalised eyelid and periocular surgical and non-surgical aesthetic treatment.

Nearest Ophthalmologists