mr-naresh-somashekar

Mr Naresh Somashekar

Written by a patient at Mount Vernon Hospital
10th March 2020

I had a Total Knee Replacement at Mount Vernon Hospital in January 2020. Despite the surgery being cancelled twice I was incredibly impressed by the professional care I received from all the staff involved in my care. It's a shame that the facilities let the side down. The bathrooms are badly planned with the toilet roll dispenser above and behind you. You have to remember to get the tissue before sitting down! From the moment it is safe to mobilise you are encouraged to go to the bathroom independently, washing is not easy as there is a lack of space and getting close to the sink whilst balancing on one leg is tricky. The staff help and support you but if the bathrooms were better designed patients could have a bit more privacy and dignity. There is a joined up approach to your care and every member of staff gives you the same information. I witnessed the physio team spending time and patience with the patients who required it ensuring that there was the correct support and equipment in place at home. In the days where resources are limited and staffing is a daily challenge in all areas I was very appreciative on the treatment and care I received. I cannot thank the teams enough.

Written by a patient at Mount Vernon Hospital
18th October 2019

I am a builder, and three years ago I tore the meniscal cartilage (at the time I didn’t know) in my right knee in the normal course of my work, seriously hampering my work to the point that I was considering a change of career. When I again tore it some more 18 months ago, it swelled up like a balloon and I was unable to work. Referrals, X-Ray, MRI and physio confirmed the tear, and resulted in a referral to Mr Somashekar, and then to an operation to clear the tear up and give my knee a chance to heal properly. The difference was staggering, immediately after the op, and six weeks later I am like a new man. No pain whatsoever, and I am already doing tasks on a building site I never dreamed I’d be able to do again. Mr Somashekar quite literally has saved my career, and frankly he’s my goddamn hero. Brilliant surgeon, and he listened to my concerns and made me completely relaxed about the whole procedure- my first operation for anything. It’s a better result than I could ever have hoped for and I am so grateful to Mr Somashekar and his team for everything.

Mr Somashekar was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hillingdon and Mount Vernon Hospitals in 2011. His Orthopaedic training was in London in the St Mary’s/ Charing Cross/Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Rotation with Fellowship training in Knee and Sports injury at the Jonathan Webb Clinic, Bristol and Trauma Surgery at St Mary’s Trauma Centre, Paddington. Mr Somashekar has written and contributed to publications in the field of knee surgery. He teaches medical students and junior doctors including specialist trainees in Orthopaedics. Knee: Mr Somashekar’s special interest is treatment of knee cartilage and ligament injuries as well as arthritis in young and old patients. Knee procedures : ACL reconstruction (ligament reconstruction), Knee arthroscopy (cartilage repair), Total knee replacement, Unicompartmental knee replacement (partial), Patello-femoral knee replacement (knee cap), Patellar re-alignment surgery- Tibial Tubercle Transfer and MPFL(Medial Patello-Femoral Ligament) reconstruction; High Tibial osteotomy. Hip procedures: Total hip replacement

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Naresh Somashekar: http://iwgc.net/efk8a