Mr Naresh Somashekar

Mr Somashekar was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hillingdon and Mount Vernon Hospitals in 2011. His Orthopaedic training was in London in the St Mary’s/ Charing Cross/Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Rotation with Fellowship training in Knee and Sports injury at the Jonathan Webb Clinic, Bristol and Trauma Surgery at St Mary’s Trauma Centre, Paddington. Mr Somashekar has written and contributed to publications in the field of knee surgery. He teaches medical students and junior doctors including specialist trainees in Orthopaedics. Knee: Mr Somashekar’s special interest is treatment of knee cartilage and ligament injuries as well as arthritis in young and old patients. Knee procedures : ACL reconstruction (ligament reconstruction), Knee arthroscopy (cartilage repair), Total knee replacement, Unicompartmental knee replacement (partial), Patello-femoral knee replacement (knee cap), Patellar re-alignment surgery- Tibial Tubercle Transfer and MPFL(Medial Patello-Femoral Ligament) reconstruction; High Tibial osteotomy. Hip procedures: Total hip replacement

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

“I can’t speak more highly of him" I am writing this to say thank you so much for the wonderful care I received as a patient in both Mount Vernon and Hillingdon hospital. I was in such extreme pain and could hardly walk and desperately needed two hip replacements. Mr.Somashekar couldn't have been more helpful and kept me up to date with everything. He is such a kind, caring and knowledgeable doctor and deserves recognition for his lovely approach to his patients. Mr.Somashekar made sure I didn't have to suffer too long and cannot thank him enough for getting my life back again. I owe him so much. I would also just like to express my thanks and praise to all his team and the clinic staff.

5th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital

Mr Somashekar has a very warm and good personality he was very caring, did a wonderful job of my total hip replacement, he was very informative took the time to listen to my concerns and very encourageing he gave the impression that nothing was to much trouble and was never in a hurry always giving the time needed

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

Mr N.Somashekar replaced my left knee joint and my wife's left knee joint on the same day last January, both operations have been successful and we are very grateful to him for his skill and his excellent bedside manner, he has followed our progress with interest and kindly advice. This caring attitude was much appreciated prior to the operations when he helped to allay the fears we were going through. We are pleased to give our favourable comments to a great man. Just for the record my wife and I have an average age of 86 years.

18th August 2017
Written by a carer at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital

This is a truly amazing gentleman! My husband has had very successful surgery with this wonderful man previously and is undergoing a second currently. He has worked absolute magic in both his operations and his pre/post care. Always with a great sense of humour & exceptional bedside manner. Has gone out of his way to accommodate surgery dates due to our family commitments. Thank you Mr Somashekar, thank you.

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

Dr did a great job on my knee operation.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Naresh Somashekar: http://iwgc.net/efk8a