Mr Naresh Somashekar

Mr Somashekar was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hillingdon and Mount Vernon Hospitals in 2011. His Orthopaedic training was in London in the St Mary’s/ Charing Cross/Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Rotation with Fellowship training in Knee and Sports injury at the Jonathan Webb Clinic, Bristol and Trauma Surgery at St Mary’s Trauma Centre, Paddington. Mr Somashekar has written and contributed to publications in the field of knee surgery. He teaches medical students and junior doctors including specialist trainees in Orthopaedics. Knee: Mr Somashekar’s special interest is treatment of knee cartilage and ligament injuries as well as arthritis in young and old patients. Knee procedures : ACL reconstruction (ligament reconstruction), Knee arthroscopy (cartilage repair), Total knee replacement, Unicompartmental knee replacement (partial), Patello-femoral knee replacement (knee cap), Patellar re-alignment surgery- Tibial Tubercle Transfer and MPFL(Medial Patello-Femoral Ligament) reconstruction; High Tibial osteotomy. Hip procedures: Total hip replacement

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

9th July 2019
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

Mr Somashekar was a very caring surgeon, always putting me at ease and listening to my concerns. My recovery has been amazing which I am grateful to the doctor for as well as the opportunity to attend the joint school. The information I gained there was invaluable to myself and career. They explained the pain and how to work through it which I followed to the letter, even though excruciatingly painful at the beginning. Having that knowledge before the operation was invaluable. The surgery conducted by someone as professional as my surgeon just helped to make this experience completely worthwhile. 5 months on I am fully mobile and getting on with my life.

24th June 2019
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

I can not speak highly enough of Mr Somashekar. From the moment he first assessed me to when he discharged me, he was amazing! So caring, and empathetic to the discomfort i was in. I had 2 surgeries to firstly repair my ACL following a skiing injury, then secondly i had an arthroscopy due to ongoing pain and restricted movement following a fall down the stairs (1week post ACL reconstruction). Throughout he was extremely supportive, following up with my physio and offering support. I would recommend Mr Somashekar to all my friends and family.

29th May 2019
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

This doctor did surgery twice on me , total hip replacement and total knee replacement and I would not be seen by any other doctor out there. Mr Naresh Somashekar is the best doctor and safest hands possible

7th January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital

Mr Somashekar provided me with excellent care during 2 knee operations carried out in 2018 to repair my ACL. Having raptured my ACL in a footballing accident back in the 90’s, the original repair gave way again in 2017 whilst carrying out exercises as part of a boot camp class. Following an initial consultation and MRI scan, Mr Somashekar’s expertise identified that the reconstruction would require 2 operations, the first to remove metalwork installed under the original operations and to carry out a bone graft, with the second operation to carry out the new repair. The first operation proved to be more problematic that first envisaged, as removing the old screws turned out to be difficult. However Mr Somashekar’s surgical skills, aftercare and rehabilitation advice ensured that this operation went well allowing the second surgery to take place as planned. Due to this care and attention the second operation went smoothly and without issues. His rehabilitation programme and recommendation for a physiotherapist following surgery have both played a big part in my speedy recovery. This allowed me to get back to the gym at the end of the first month and road cycling after 3 months. I would like to thanks Mr Somashekar and his dedicated team at the BMI Bishops Wood hospital for the great care that I received. I would also have no hesitation in recommending Mr Somashekar to anyone considering treatment within his field of expertise as, like me, I’m sure you will have a first class experience.

20th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital

Mr Somashekar provided me with excellent care from start to finish, of my ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair. He provided excellent surgery, which left minimal scars and left me comfortable to be discharged within the same day of the surgery. 4 months on from surgery, I have followed his advice and a physio’s advice, that he recommended. This advice and training programme has led to me making a great recovery within 4 months of surgery. I feel if i did not have Mr. Somashekar from the start, then I perhaps would not be in the position I’m I right now, of being as strong as I was before the injury, in such a quick time. Fantastic surgeon and very easy to communicate with and provided 0 problems from start to finish.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Naresh Somashekar: http://iwgc.net/efk8a