Mr Naresh Somashekar

Mr Somashekar was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hillingdon and Mount Vernon Hospitals in 2011. His Orthopaedic training was in London in the St Mary’s/ Charing Cross/Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Rotation with Fellowship training in Knee and Sports injury at the Jonathan Webb Clinic, Bristol and Trauma Surgery at St Mary’s Trauma Centre, Paddington. Mr Somashekar has written and contributed to publications in the field of knee surgery. He teaches medical students and junior doctors including specialist trainees in Orthopaedics. Knee: Mr Somashekar’s special interest is treatment of knee cartilage and ligament injuries as well as arthritis in young and old patients. Knee procedures : ACL reconstruction (ligament reconstruction), Knee arthroscopy (cartilage repair), Total knee replacement, Unicompartmental knee replacement (partial), Patello-femoral knee replacement (knee cap), Patellar re-alignment surgery- Tibial Tubercle Transfer and MPFL(Medial Patello-Femoral Ligament) reconstruction; High Tibial osteotomy. Hip procedures: Total hip replacement

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

Written by a patient at Mount Vernon Hospital
18th October 2019

I am a builder, and three years ago I tore the meniscal cartilage (at the time I didn’t know) in my right knee in the normal course of my work, seriously hampering my work to the point that I was considering a change of career. When I again tore it some more 18 months ago, it swelled up like a balloon and I was unable to work. Referrals, X-Ray, MRI and physio confirmed the tear, and resulted in a referral to Mr Somashekar, and then to an operation to clear the tear up and give my knee a chance to heal properly. The difference was staggering, immediately after the op, and six weeks later I am like a new man. No pain whatsoever, and I am already doing tasks on a building site I never dreamed I’d be able to do again. Mr Somashekar quite literally has saved my career, and frankly he’s my goddamn hero. Brilliant surgeon, and he listened to my concerns and made me completely relaxed about the whole procedure- my first operation for anything. It’s a better result than I could ever have hoped for and I am so grateful to Mr Somashekar and his team for everything.

17th September 2019

Dr Somashekar has been brilliant throughout the whole process and has been completely honest and upfront. He's a really nice guy and very easy to trust. He went through the entire process with me and answered all my questions.

9th July 2019

Mr Somashekar was a very caring surgeon, always putting me at ease and listening to my concerns. My recovery has been amazing which I am grateful to the doctor for as well as the opportunity to attend the joint school. The information I gained there was invaluable to myself and career. They explained the pain and how to work through it which I followed to the letter, even though excruciatingly painful at the beginning. Having that knowledge before the operation was invaluable. The surgery conducted by someone as professional as my surgeon just helped to make this experience completely worthwhile. 5 months on I am fully mobile and getting on with my life.

24th June 2019

I can not speak highly enough of Mr Somashekar. From the moment he first assessed me to when he discharged me, he was amazing! So caring, and empathetic to the discomfort i was in. I had 2 surgeries to firstly repair my ACL following a skiing injury, then secondly i had an arthroscopy due to ongoing pain and restricted movement following a fall down the stairs (1week post ACL reconstruction). Throughout he was extremely supportive, following up with my physio and offering support. I would recommend Mr Somashekar to all my friends and family.

29th May 2019

This doctor did surgery twice on me , total hip replacement and total knee replacement and I would not be seen by any other doctor out there. Mr Naresh Somashekar is the best doctor and safest hands possible

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Naresh Somashekar: http://iwgc.net/efk8a