Mr Naresh Somashekar

Mr Somashekar was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hillingdon and Mount Vernon Hospitals in 2011. His Orthopaedic training was in London in the St Mary’s/ Charing Cross/Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Rotation with Fellowship training in Knee and Sports injury at the Jonathan Webb Clinic, Bristol and Trauma Surgery at St Mary’s Trauma Centre, Paddington. Mr Somashekar has written and contributed to publications in the field of knee surgery. He teaches medical students and junior doctors including specialist trainees in Orthopaedics. Knee: Mr Somashekar’s special interest is treatment of knee cartilage and ligament injuries as well as arthritis in young and old patients. Knee procedures : ACL reconstruction (ligament reconstruction), Knee arthroscopy (cartilage repair), Total knee replacement, Unicompartmental knee replacement (partial), Patello-femoral knee replacement (knee cap), Patellar re-alignment surgery- Tibial Tubercle Transfer and MPFL(Medial Patello-Femoral Ligament) reconstruction; High Tibial osteotomy. Hip procedures: Total hip replacement

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

18th August 2017
Written by a carer at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital

This is a truly amazing gentleman! My husband has had very successful surgery with this wonderful man previously and is undergoing a second currently. He has worked absolute magic in both his operations and his pre/post care. Always with a great sense of humour & exceptional bedside manner. Has gone out of his way to accommodate surgery dates due to our family commitments. Thank you Mr Somashekar, thank you.

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

Dr did a great job on my knee operation.

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

Very professional service with great results.... Mr Somashekar Offered a very personal and pleasant experience for a not so pleasant procedure. I required Hamstring ACL reconstruction. I was advised and updated throughout the process, any queries I had were answered without issue. The operation was exactly as described. Results to date are great at 15weeks post op. Follow up appointments was very informative and recovery advise appears to have achieved the results I was hoping for. Mr Somashekar also took the time to pop in and see myself and other patients post op in the Physio department to note the progress. All in all an A+ service for a very important procedure to me in order to continue with my active lifestyle. I would recommend Mr Somashekar highly to any future patients.

28th June 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

I received excellent advice pre-operative information and my operation was successful with excellent outcome. Mr Somashekar is very personable and professional. He has a relaxing manner and gave confidence to me as his patient. I would definitely recommend him if asked.

25th June 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

8yrs after my ACL was repaired I tore it again; and although the NHS unfortunately let me down with appointment timing and an initial consultation and attempted diagnoses from a hip specialist, once I had my first appointment with Mr Somashekar he put everything right. Hes very knowledgeable, great bed side manner, and I felt really well looked after. He is a great asset to the NHS. Even after the surgery he has maintained great after care, and has managed to see me twice in 6 weeks due to a few set backs. He has a great positive outlook and always has a smile on his face. IF I happened to have any further knee trouble, I would pay private to see Mr Somashekar.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Naresh Somashekar: http://iwgc.net/efk8a