Mr Naresh Somashekar

Mr Somashekar was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hillingdon and Mount Vernon Hospitals in 2011. His Orthopaedic training was in London in the St Mary’s/ Charing Cross/Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Rotation with Fellowship training in Knee and Sports injury at the Jonathan Webb Clinic, Bristol and Trauma Surgery at St Mary’s Trauma Centre, Paddington. Mr Somashekar has written and contributed to publications in the field of knee surgery. He teaches medical students and junior doctors including specialist trainees in Orthopaedics. Knee: Mr Somashekar’s special interest is treatment of knee cartilage and ligament injuries as well as arthritis in young and old patients. Knee procedures : ACL reconstruction (ligament reconstruction), Knee arthroscopy (cartilage repair), Total knee replacement, Unicompartmental knee replacement (partial), Patello-femoral knee replacement (knee cap), Patellar re-alignment surgery- Tibial Tubercle Transfer and MPFL(Medial Patello-Femoral Ligament) reconstruction; High Tibial osteotomy. Hip procedures: Total hip replacement

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

16th June 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

Very kind Dr who have me good advice and dealt with me in a very nice and polite manner. Thanks

12th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital

Mr Somashekar was extremely pleasant and was very helpful in determining and treating my injury. He was more than happy to answer any questions I had regarding the treatment, its side effects and of course if the condition was left untreated. From the outset he wanted surgery to be the last resort but unfortunately due to the nature of my condition it was the only long term solution and the surgery was carried out successfully. In fact post surgery I had to see him about the wound and he made time for me on the same day and addressed my concerned straight away. I was really happy with the care and out interactions.

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

I have had my ACL reconstructed following a sports injury. Given my past experience with the surgeons, I have had to undergo arthroscopy 3 times over a period of 6 years!! I was fortunate that my case was picked up by Mr. Somasekhar. He had absolute patience to listen and understand my discomfort and also advised me on the next course of action. There is a saying "3rd time lucky" and I must say Mr. Somasekhar was that luck I have had with my knee. I have not felt this well after a procedure right from day 1. I was surprised that I did not need to take any pain killers post op. I was mobile from day1 and my physiotherapists at Mount Vernon says I will be fully fit to get back to my sports in few weeks! Thanks ever so much Mr. Somashekhar and I am grateful to you for your patience and time in my case. We need more people like you. I completely recommend Mr. Somashekar to whoever needs treatment and advise with their knee.

17th May 2017
Written by a carer at Hillingdon Hospital

Mr Somashekar saw my mother for a consultation regarding pain in her hip. My mother was very nervous regarding the consultation, however, Mr Somashekar was very understanding of my mother's nerves and pain that she was experiencing, and made her feel extremely at ease during the appointment, he was also very informative with any questions that he was asked. Along with reassuring my mother of any worries that she was experiencing regarding her future if an operation was to go ahead. My mother has received her operation and is now on the road to full recovery, and was extremely happy with the care and dedication that she has received from Mr Somashekar.

16th May 2017
Written by a patient at Hillingdon Hospital

Mr Somashekar is a very caring, thoughtful brilliant surgeon , my hip operation was excellent. he listens to you and answers any questions that are worrying you.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Naresh Somashekar: http://iwgc.net/efk8a