« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a NHS patient at Stamford and Rutland Hospital
6th May 2021

When my midwife didn’t refer me after a vanishing twin, I was left in the dark and coping with the loss of one baby by myself. After mentioning this to the lovely ladies taking my blood at the hospital they spoke to Mr Lumb. It turns out I should have been referred to a consultant and Mr Lumb was a godsend to me, seeing me that day at short notice, putting my mind at ease and listening to a very emotional, struggling pregnant woman! He checked all my notes and care and explained everything to me and the new processes/screening I’d have to follow. He also did a quick ultrasound to ease my concerns about my surviving twin. I felt so much happier after speaking to him, and actually felt like I’d finally spoken to someone who cared! I was sad to learn that he will retire soon as the NHS is losing a good one! Thank you Mr Lumb. I don’t think he’ll ever realise how much he helped me!

20th April 2021

Listened to what I had to say understood my care and needs and helped me proceed on to what needs to be done to help me. Very grateful not all consultants are like that.

14th April 2021

Very calm and reassuring. Talked us through the procedure and made us both relaxed

16th March 2021

I am very pleased I met doctor Lumb. Very good listener, I received all information I needed. I recommend him to anyone who needs professional help.

Written by a NHS patient at Stamford and Rutland Hospital
6th March 2021

Mr Lumb listened to my anxieties and was prepared to help and I felt such a relief after I had spoken with him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Michael Lumb was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists