peterborough-city-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 126,140 reviews Write a review

Peterborough City Hospital

Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Peterborough, England, PE3 9GZ

21st September 2018

All the staff were amazing and did their very best to keep me calm and looked after really well. Thank you

19th September 2018
Written by a member of staff

I took my wife to the hospital after being told to by Rutland Memorial Hospital. We arrived at Peterborough at approx. 1905 and went through the initial process very well and the ECG and blood were taken within 1 hour. She was then moved to the Medical Assessment Unit were she sat for about an hour and a half before being moved to a ward with a bed. At no stage did a doctor appear. This was approx. 21:00. A doctor eventually saw her 5.5 hrs later (02:30) and said she had to check the blood results. We never saw that doctor again but she was then taken for an x-ray about an hour later. At about 4:00 am, another junior doctor arrived and asked the same questions and said everything looked good. My concerns are why wasn't an x-ray taken when the initial blood and ECG were done and why was there such a long (excessive ) delay in being seen by a doctor when the wards were relatively quiet. The doctors are either very inefficient or incapable of doing their jobs. I doubt the latter but question the first. The nursing staff were very good and kept apologising for the long delays. If only the doctors were that good!

19th September 2018

When visiting for appointments everything always went smoothly. Everyone I had dealings with were very professional. All the sections I visited were clean and in good condition. While recovering as a patient, everything was clean and in good condition. All the staff were very attentive and caring. I was very well looked after from everyone. Doctors, nurses, cleaners, food/coffee ladies, receptionists. I would recommend Peterborough City Hospital after my experiences there.

18th September 2018

Need to improve communication between ward and consultants, seems there is a lack of communication. I waited nearly 3 hours to get discharged. My bed could have used for other patients.

14th September 2018

The doctor who treated me (Fernando) and all the staff I saw did so with a high degree of competence and compassion, advising me and my supporting relative of what was going on throughout. I was taken for a precautionary head CT scan with minimal delay and before leaving was advised as to what to expect in terms of symptoms following my injury. I was therefore treated extremely well and was impressed at the level of support I received late in the evening. Thank you.

Short link to review Peterborough City Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb34b