Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

Written by a patient at Optegra

I had cataract surgery performed earlier this year by Mr Wevill at Optega and everyone was very kind and professional. Further to this, I later had YAG laser correction as there was a touch of cloudiness in one eye. The procedures were very quick and painless, and I'm very pleased with the results. They have given me back my eyesight, which I never thought would have been possible. I'm very grateful for the wonderful work carried out by Mark and his team.

8th September 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you!

29th August 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

Brilliant Surgeon. Excellent team. 20:20 vision now. I had Lens replacement surgery done in both eyes in June 2018. I went for this treatment as I had cataract developing in both eyes. A friend recommended Optegra Birmingham and I booked to attend an open evening hosted by Mr Mark Wevill. A week later I booked to have a thorough examination for my eyes and met Mr Wevill at the end of the process to discuss the options. There was no pressure applied and the whole team were very friendly and professional. All the questions I had were answered before deciding to have the lens replacement surgery. I was nervous a few days leading to the first eye operation. But on the day from arriving, all the staff made me feel comfortable and the eye surgery took around 20 minutes from walking into theater and out. Half hour later I was on my way home. In the evening I had a call from Mark to ask if I was OK. A week later I had the second eye done. This time I walked in with a lot of confidence as I was aware of the process. Initially I found I could see better with the operation in my second eye but each week passing the vision in the first eye was improving. Now 2 months after the operation, both eyes can clearly see near reading vision and far distances. Simply Brilliant and no glasses! I have had two follow up checks after surgery and have got 20:20 vision back. Mark Wevill is a brilliant surgeon who has performed several thousand successful lens replacement operations. I highly recommend Optegra Birmingham.

31st August 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for your positive feedback & I'll pass on your compliments to the rest of the team

29th August 2018
Written by a patient at Space Healthcare

I am so pleased with my new multifocal lenses. Mark is totally professional and very human too. The whole team at space were great and the aftercare was wonderful. It is great to know that any problems will be rectified at no extra cost. I needed some laser treatment 18months after the lens replacement and it was done straight away without question. The only down side of my multifocal lenses is the flaring around lights when driving at night.....but I was warned of this and to me it is worth it for the other benefits.

31st August 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you & I hope the flaring continues to improve with time

26th August 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

I am so happy that I have choosen Optegra for my LASIK for both eyes. From beginning to the end the process has been smooth and transparent. Staff was great too! You just have to read the leaflets and follow instruction pre and post surgery.When I met Mark I was a bit nervous but I think he explained everything in detail and put you at ease. I got confidence to go through the surgery which was short and quick. It’s amazing when you can see everything clearly without having to wear your lenses and glasses. I hope to bring my daughter after 7 years when she is 21.

31st August 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Great, I'm so pleased you're happy with your result & I look forward to meeting your daughter too. And some good news is that laser has been shown to be safe and effective from 18 onwards and Optegra's policy has changed accordingly.

10th August 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

I went to see Mark Wevell eight months ago where I had a lengthy and thorough consultation and decided to go for Refractive Lens Exchange as I just wanted never to wear glasses again, it also had the added bonus of never forming cataracts. I felt absolutely confident with Mark , he was very professional, informative, and made me feel confident and relaxed. Looking back now, I was so nervous despite the fact Mark was so lovely, I just kept thinking it's my eyes and you only get one pair! I have to admit as the day of surgery arrived I was a wreck! Wondering what if? I was in surgery about twelve minutes and it felt like two minutes and I didn't feel a thing, it wasn't even an unpleasant experience there was absolutely nothing at all to worry about. The next day when I woke I could see as clear as I could when I was a teenager. I felt privileged to been a candidate for such a life changing experience. Some would say it's expensive but to me you can't put a price on turning back the clock, If I had to do it again to gain the freedom and no more dry sore eyes from contact lenses I would do it again in a heartbeat, with Mark Wevell of course !!

11th August 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you & well done for taking the big step to get it done. I'm pleased you're enjoying the results so much!

Nearest Ophthalmologists