Mr Timothy Matthews

• Ophthalmology

29th April 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Having had problems driving at night I discovered I had developed Cataract and needed RLE surgery. I also had a complex short-sighted prescription so in effect I was getting rid of two birds with one stone. It was my first ever surgical procedure so naturally I was vigilant on whom to do the operation with. I went to Optegra, Optical Express and QE Hospital where I was under a consultant. Optegra were helpful and the consultant Mr Mark Weval was very helpful in explaining the difference between multi focal and mono focal lens, After careful consideration and spoken to both I opted for the ophthalmic surgeon Mr Timothy Matthews I was 100% confident in his ability to do a good procedure under best practices he’s friendly, welcoming and genuinely interested in helping. He answered all my questions in a very professional and concise manner which made me feel more confident and stress-free and nothing seems too much trouble for him often going beyond what is expected to assist. Fast forward 2 months. I have both eyes done the second operation procedure completed two days ago under a tropical anaesthetic. Perfect distance vision and reading glasses which I don’t mind wearing as most people have them now. The hospital itself is the biggest in Europe it’s newly built so very fresh and clean with lots of light and gardens. So in conclusion Thanks you to the Mr timothy Matthews consultant surgeon t for all your help and guidance, its 5 Stars from me!

24th April 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Mr Timothy D Matthews, Consultant QE Hospital Birmingham. Having had problems driving at night I discovered I had developed Cataract and needed RLE surgery. I also had a complex short-sighted prescription so in effect I was getting rid of two birds with one stone. It was my first ever surgical procedure so naturally I was vigilant on whom to do the operation with. I went to Optegra, Optical Express and QE Hospital where I under consultant Mr Timothy Matthews. Optegra were helpful and Mr Mark Wevill‎ the consultant was very helpful in explaining the difference between multifocal and mono focal lens. After careful consideration and spoken to both I opted for Mr Timothy Matthews ophthalmic surgeon I was 100% confident in his ability to do a good procedure under best practices he’s friendly, welcoming and genuinely interested in helping. He answered all my questions in a very professional and concise manner which made me feel more confident and stress-free and nothing seems too much trouble for him often going beyond what is expected to assist. Fast forward 2 months. I have both eyes done the second operation procedure completed two days ago under a tropical anaesthetic. Perfect distance vision and reading glasses which I don’t mind wearing as most people have them now. The hospital itself is the biggest in Europe it’s newly built so very fresh and clean with lots of light and gardens. So in conclusion Thanks you Mr Matthews for all your help and guidance its 5 Stars from me!

Nearest Ophthalmologists