Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

5th June 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I recently underwent Lens replacement surgery and chose Optegra Eye Hospital Birmingham and Mark Wevill following some research , and reading the excellent reviews they receive. I was very impressed with Mark Wevill and his team and the whole process pre / post surgery and experience was very professional and quite stress free. Mark was very approachable , explained everything clearly and inspired confidence in undergoing the surgery. I am extremely happy with the results now being - after 46 years ! contacts/ glasses free and would recommend Optegra and Mark Wevill to anyone considering this procedure.

19th June 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for leaving your feedback and for your positive comments.

3rd June 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I finally plucked up the courage to have LASIK laser eye surgery after 7 years of debating. I saw Mark Wevill on Tuesday, at Optegra, in Birmingham and felt so confident in his abilities that I booked to have the treatment two days later. On the day of the procedure, Mark really put me at ease even saying that I could go home if I wanted to - which immediately took the pressure off. The fact that he knew my prescription without looking at my notes filled me with confidence and he took time to speak to me and reassure me before surgery, even though his previous surgeries had ran over. He continued to reassure me throughout the procedure which was over in around 15 minutes. Even though my eyes were blurry straight after the lasering I was able to read the signs around the hospital and the motor way signs on the way home. Although my eyes were tender that night two paracetamols sorted them out and I had a good nights sleep. The next morning my eyesight had continued to improve and I was able to read the registration of a car at the bottom of the road. My appointment with the optometrist that afternoon confirmed that I had better than 20:20 vision and felt that it would continue to improve over the next few weeks. It is amazing to be able to see without glasses for the first time in years. I can't thank Mark enough as it was his professionalism and down to earth attitude which made me go through with the surgery and I am so pleased that I did.

19th June 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Waiting when you're anxious can be difficult, so thank you for your patience and understanding. And I'm pleased you're enjoying your new vision so much!

1st June 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I have worn contact lenses for the whole of my adult life (nearly 50 years) and I was very happy with them, even after suffering from presbyopia in middle age (I then wore monovision contact lenses), but a couple of years ago I found it difficult to read clearly and my distant vision had deteriorated. I was confident a new contact lens prescription would solve the problem, but apparently not. It was then that I considered refractive lens replacement, although I was very apprehensive about having surgery on my eyes. Luckily the brother of my friend had undergone this procedure and recommended Optegra, and Mark Wevill. I saw Mark in February 2016 for my first consultation and from then on I was confident that I had made the right decision. He explained everything clearly, telling me of the risks and the compromises (I had very good close vision without my contact lenses and he explained that this would be a "trade off" after surgery). At no point did I feel I was being presured with hard sell. I had my first eye operated on on 7th April 2016 and my second eye done 2 weeks later. Although I didn't have the immediate amazing results some people have described my sight gradually improved and now I no longer need glasses unless I am trying to read extremely small print, or the lighting is particularly poor. My whole career has been spent in the NHS and I have come across many surgeons (the good, the bad and the ugly). Mark is one of the very good, and a really nice chap to boot. I have no resevation in recommending him to you.

19th June 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for your many positive comments, they are greatly appreciated.

27th May 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

Mark has extensive experience, and was specifically recommended to me by my optician for consultation regarding cataract surgery. I chose to use the Optegra facilities at the Aston University, and all visits and procedures were well organised and professional. I was surprised at the many options which were clearly explained to me by Mark, and am very pleased with the result of his suggested choice of lens. The very small risks were explained, and it was reassuring to know that the fee includes all visits that may be required in the future for whatever reason. He operated on my first eye last October, and the second one at the end of March. A check up consultation earlier this month confirmed an excellent result, and I have no hesitation in recommending Mark. I can now read the bottom line of the eye charts again without specs, see distant objects clearly, and colours are much brighter. Until the first eye was done, I hadn't realised that the white I saw had been a yellow tinge. Thank you Mark

27th May 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for your kind words and for trusting me with your eyes!

17th May 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

Excellent service carried out by Mark and his team, this was not the first time that I have received eye treatment from Mark, also my wife has received cataract treatment from Mark in the past we where so impressed by the courtesy and welcome from all of the Optegra team, and how they made us feel relaxed and at ease the moment we entered the building. To anyone that has been referred to Optegra and Mark Wevill in particular you could not be in better hands, and there is nothing to be concerned about. Mark may I thank you, and wish you and the team all the very best. Kind Regards. Dennis A Smith

17th May 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you Dennis, and I'll pass on your thanks to the team.

Doctors working at The Westbourne Centre