Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

15th February 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

I have had several procedures over the years ,which unfortunately didn't work for me and left me thinking i would always have to wear glasses . I heard about Optegra and lens replacement and decided to make an appointment to see the surgeon , he was really pleasant and he went through the whole procedure in detail , which fully reasured me and made me decide to go ahead with the procedure. There was absolutely no pain through out and every member of staff I saw were very helpful and kind , especially Mark my surgeon . After going through all the previous procedures my advice for anyone considering having treatment, would be to make an appointment with Mark . You couldn't find a more knowledgeable, professional and caring man who gave me the confidence to go ahead. I am more than delighted with the results and so pleased I no longer have to wear glasses . I only wish I had of done this sooner. Greatest thanks to Mark and the team .

21st February 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thanks and I'm pleased your vision is so good now.

28th January 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

It's is now been 7 months since Mark performed LASIK on both my eyes. He has changed my life for the better after wearing glasses for almost 30 years. There's not a day goes by that I don't think about how wonderful it is to see without the hassle of glasses or contact lenses. Mark is extremely thorough and knowledgeable during the consultation and procedure. He is probably one of the best eye surgeons in the world. I couldn't ever had anyone do the surgery other than him. He truly cares about his patients and I recommend him to everyone I see who wears glasses has been too scared to contemplate surgery. Mark is honest and if he sees you and says you are a good candidate then have faith as he will sure enough tell you if you are not. This is what makes him a man of integrity. You are in the best hands if Mr Wevill is your surgeon. He has now either treated or consulted with a lot of my family and we all speak highly of him and have had no problems thank God. Thank you so much for all you have done for us.

14th February 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for your kind words and I'm pleased you're all doing so well.

15th January 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

Dr Weville performed lasik 18 years ago on my eyes in Cape Town. I only recently started wearing spectacles with a very mild script.

15th January 2018
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm pleased you've enjoyed the results of laser eye surgery for so many years!

9th January 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra

I have waited over 20 years to find a surgeon and a surgery that I trusted enough to use lasers on my eyes! From the first inspection to the day of the operation and the extensive after care, I have been glad of my choice. On the day of the surgery itself, Mark came to me at the end of a long list of clients. He treated me with courtesy and patience, laughing when I exclaimed that I couldn’t believe that the surgery was complete in such a short time. My primary concern was always the safety and well-being of my children (and my ability to provide that). Now I no longer need to scrabble for my glasses if I hear a cry in the night and for that I will always be supremely grateful. The end result has been better than 20/20 vision which I had not believed was possible. Thanks to Mark and his team, it is!

30th November 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

A daunting experience to have eye surgery when no medical reason indicated but I have to say the care and attention I received from Mark and his team at Optegra Aston University Birmingham was excellent. I found Mark very approachable and easy to talk to and he answered all my questions in a way that was easy to understand. The surgery itself was fine and the aftercare was good and not at all rushed. To date all is good. No more glasses!

30th November 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you & we wish you a happy Christmas without glasses!

Short link to review Mr Mark Wevill: http://iwgc.net/ecn62