Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

1st June 2019
Written by a patient at Optegra

TyMark Wevill I opted for Clarivu lens replacement four years ago and have been both amazed and delighted with the results. When considering any kind of elective eye surgery probably the most important thing is to have confidence in your surgeon. I feel very fortunate that the procedure was carried out by Mark Wevill who has been fantastic throughout, from the initial consultation to the actual procedure (which was totally painless), and the aftercare. I cannot recommend him or Optegra highly enough, it is like traveling first class in the world of eyesight correction.

13th June 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm pleased you've enjoyed your first class journey and thank you for your kind review!

29th May 2019
Written by a patient at Optegra

What can I say, aside Mark is amazing in so many ways. I was a little cautious about having lens replacement but I was tired of my fading vision making me tired and always being told I was squinting, so I took the plunge. The whole process was professional and informative and all went smoothly. I had already researched the process and had arrived at the decision that Mark was the consultant for me, Mark was incredible from the off, made me feel at ease and I certainly felt confident in his work. The procedure its self is painless, a bit of a weird sensation but nothing to be concerned about. I am now 2 weeks 2 days after the first eye and 1 week 2 days after the 2nd and I am writing this with no glasses!! There is some slight discomfort, not with the feeling but with light sensitivity but was assured at my during my check up this is normal and due to the lens now letting light in and this will ease once I get used to it. All in all for me a huge success.

13th June 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you & I'm pleased you're don't need your glasses now!

23rd April 2019
Written by a patient at Optegra

I had researched lens replacement procedure for about a year and decided to go with Optegra and it turned out to be the best decision to have made my experience with Mark Wevill was professional and friendly and I had every confidence in him. I am so grateful not to have to wear glasses anymore and able to see so clearly. So if you are thinking about lens replacement I would say go for it ! Mark Wevill is a brilliant eye surgeon. Thank you Mark

26th April 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for the compliments and for taking the time to write such a kind review.

26th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Westbourne Centre

If you are at all worried about eye surgery (as I was) go to see Mark. I thought I needed laser treatment, but was too old. I had lens replacement instead and it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. No more swapping one set of glasses for another, or stumbling because the floor wasn't where I thought it was. I had my usual diabetic retina scan and eye test a couple of weeks ago, and the optician was very complimentary. She checked me for driving too and told me I no longer need distance or intermediate glasses. I had told Mark I didn't mind using reading glasses, but I don't always need them either. I know this is going to sound overly dramatic but Mark has changed my life and I am truly grateful for his skill and knowledge.

26th April 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm so please you're so much better without your glasses and I was able to change your life. Thank you.

5th February 2019
Written by a patient at Optegra

63 years ago as a sports mad 11year old I was given the devastating news “you need glasses”. My mother, bless her, within 12 months found the only Optician in Birmingham supplying contact lenses, not the new style, but hard full eye cover ones. So began the life of artificial eye correction with differing improving methods employed, although the grime of the City of London finally put paid to my wearing contacts continually in my fifties. Then the local optician mentioned that a cataract was starting to affect my vision. I did a lot of research, when you are retired you have the time, and finally decided to contact Optegra for an initial consultation. I walked in and immediately felt confident my choice was correct. The whole place exuded professionalism, appointments on time, excellent surroundings, great ambience and very friendly and helpful staff. Having had a myriad of tests on a seemingly endless supply of equipment I met Mr Wevill who told me I was suitable for multi focal lens replacement and went into great detail what the operation entailed, pros and cons. He then listened intently to my own questions, realising I am sure that I was reticent about anyone performing surgery on my eyes. Like all the staff he was professional, friendly and put me full at ease, I decided to go ahead. I had both eyes done, a week apart, and the surgery involved surprised me. Firstly there was no pain and secondly it was so quickly carried out, approximately 15 minutes or 5 great songs playing at the time, I am not sure this was part of the treatment just that we had the same tastes! The follow up aftercare was thorough over the next 3 months and I am now completely free from the incessant weight on my nose, unfortunately 63 years too late to improve my cricketing and footballing abilities! All I can say is the whole experience was worth every penny it cost and more, I am absolutely delighted with the results. Finally what was the most impressive and welcoming part of the whole experience, a phone call I received from Mr Wevill on the evening following the operations. Silly really, but I thought I am not just a client, they actually care.

26th April 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Wonderful, I'm so pleased you're glasses free and I'm sorry I can't get you back onto the cricket field!

Nearest Ophthalmologists