Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

26th July 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

Mark Wevill gave me back my sight and my life. He is a dedicated surgeon who's reviews reflect what capable hands you are in. Just go for the consultation and get all your questions answered and I promise you, you won't LOOK

26th July 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I would just like to say a massive thank you to Mark and the team at Birmingham. I was very nervous about eye surgery because eyes are so precious but I could not of been in more caring hands. From my first consultation to having surgery on my first eye I was guided through all the procedure and if I needed anything explaining again ( which in my case was probably a dozen times) Mark talked me through it until I was completely comfortable. Nothing is rushed and you really do get excellent care during and after the operation. Having my eyes done is the best thing and since my surgery I have not once picked up my reading glasses. It really does change your daily life and after thorough research I am so glad that I chose Mark and the travel from Leeds to Birmingham was worth every mile.

30th June 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I had lens replacement surgery two weeks ago in my right eye. The treatment by Mark and his team is fantastic. I was made to feel a person, not just a patient. In my quest for Laser eye surgery the onset of cataract was discovered. I am so glad I made the decision. I am soon to go in for my left eye surgery. I can't wait to ditch my glasses for good.

6th July 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm so pleased you're happy with you vision and decision and I'll pass on your kind words to the wonderful team I work with.

5th June 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I recently underwent Lens replacement surgery and chose Optegra Eye Hospital Birmingham and Mark Wevill following some research , and reading the excellent reviews they receive. I was very impressed with Mark Wevill and his team and the whole process pre / post surgery and experience was very professional and quite stress free. Mark was very approachable , explained everything clearly and inspired confidence in undergoing the surgery. I am extremely happy with the results now being - after 46 years ! contacts/ glasses free and would recommend Optegra and Mark Wevill to anyone considering this procedure.

19th June 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for leaving your feedback and for your positive comments.

3rd June 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I finally plucked up the courage to have LASIK laser eye surgery after 7 years of debating. I saw Mark Wevill on Tuesday, at Optegra, in Birmingham and felt so confident in his abilities that I booked to have the treatment two days later. On the day of the procedure, Mark really put me at ease even saying that I could go home if I wanted to - which immediately took the pressure off. The fact that he knew my prescription without looking at my notes filled me with confidence and he took time to speak to me and reassure me before surgery, even though his previous surgeries had ran over. He continued to reassure me throughout the procedure which was over in around 15 minutes. Even though my eyes were blurry straight after the lasering I was able to read the signs around the hospital and the motor way signs on the way home. Although my eyes were tender that night two paracetamols sorted them out and I had a good nights sleep. The next morning my eyesight had continued to improve and I was able to read the registration of a car at the bottom of the road. My appointment with the optometrist that afternoon confirmed that I had better than 20:20 vision and felt that it would continue to improve over the next few weeks. It is amazing to be able to see without glasses for the first time in years. I can't thank Mark enough as it was his professionalism and down to earth attitude which made me go through with the surgery and I am so pleased that I did.

19th June 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Waiting when you're anxious can be difficult, so thank you for your patience and understanding. And I'm pleased you're enjoying your new vision so much!

Doctors working at The Westbourne Centre