Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

30th November 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

A daunting experience to have eye surgery when no medical reason indicated but I have to say the care and attention I received from Mark and his team at Optegra Aston University Birmingham was excellent. I found Mark very approachable and easy to talk to and he answered all my questions in a way that was easy to understand. The surgery itself was fine and the aftercare was good and not at all rushed. To date all is good. No more glasses!

30th November 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you & we wish you a happy Christmas without glasses!

16th November 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I would like to recommend Mark Wevill as a truly remarkable surgeon. He is an excellent communicator and answers your questions with honesty and candour. He gave me reassurance when I was really anxious when things hadn’t gone to plan but his assurances that “he would fix it” when I was unfortunate enough to be one of the 5% where lens exchange surgery had not gone quite to plan - and my adjustment surgery has been an absolute success and am truly grateful for wonderful aftercare. I would recommend this surgery providing you listen to the advise and experience the Optegra give you. Thank you.

27th November 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thanks for your 5* review & your patience

2nd November 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I had laser eye surgery only 7 days ago performed by Mark and his team. Right from the early consulation Mark listened to my needs and gave me as much time as I needed to discuss and explain everything to me before I agreed to the procedure. The procedure went very well and he has a great calming nature which puts you at ease before and during treatment. The best part would have to be the aftercare shown has been second to none by Mark and also Optegra and I couldn’t recommend highly enough.

27th November 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for your kind words & recommendations

25th October 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

Mark is an excellent communicator and his proficiency and experience in eye surgery is most reassuring.

25th October 2017

28th September 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra

I had lens replacement surgery to both eyes in September 2017 within a week of each other. You do not mess with your eyes! so I sort out the best in Mark Wevill and his team. Everything was explained to me throughout the whole procedure and all my questions answered. I had problems with long vision, especially on the Golf Course! This is now a thing of the past and the results are unbelievable with colours and brightness quite incredible. I could not be more pleased. Is there a downside? Yes the number of eye drops you need to apply, following surgery, however this is an absolute necessity to ensure that there is no complications. Mark Wevill was recommended to me by a golfing friend and I have no hesitation in recommending him and his team. Thank You to you all.

12th October 2017
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm pleased you're so happy with your vision and I hope your handicap is better too!

Doctors working at The Westbourne Centre