Mr Mark Wevill

A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Mark Wevill has been restoring vision with cataract, lens exchange and laser eye surgery for over 20 years. He has postgraduate qualifications from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has been invited to speak at over 20 surgeon conferences.

• Ophthalmology

9th January 2020

Mark and his team have made eye lens replacement a pleasant and totally professional experience. I would recommend him 100% and also the lens replacements. To wake up and see the alarm clock is a great start to the day. A big BIG thank you to Mark and his team

19th December 2019

I can only re-iterate all the reviews. Mark and his team are, in my opinion, second to none. I had to wait a bit longer than normal for my eyes and brain to adjust to the tri-focal lenses that I had.....Mark assured me that with patience and a few procedural tweeks he would sort it and he did. I now have 20/20 vision...AMAZING! Mark is not only a brilliant surgeon but a lovely person who instills immediate calmness and trust. He and all his team are such professionals whose work ethics are so effective and efficient. They look after you with great care throughout and always with a smile. I would have no hesitation at all to whole-heartedly recommend him. He is delightful and someone who not only looks after us here in the U.K. but also in under-developed countries where he puts his wonderful skills to use in a charitable capacity to help under priviledge youngsters see the world in the same way as are eyes now do. He's a STAR. Thanks so much Mark xx P.S. Only down side I can now see the wrinkles I did not know I had Haah!! !

30th December 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thanks J !!! P.S. Sorry about your wrinkles!

1st November 2019

I decided to go with Mark & Optegra after my daughter had laser treatment earlier this year which she was very happy with. I had the relatively newer laser treatment called SMILE. Results are fantastic and I’m very pleased. Mark & the team at Optegra we’re great. Always professional and happy to discuss any aspect. My full recovery took a bit longer than I think both they & I expected. I would say it is important to stay patient and things will normalise after a while. Thanks for everything Mark.

5th November 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thanks M & I'm pleased you're seeing well now

1st August 2019

Five stars is not enough! Mark and the team at Optegra are amazing. I wake up everyday and l am thankful l chose you for my lense replacement surgery.l have had a fantastic result and l am enjoying every minute. Thankyou

4th September 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

Thank you for your 5*review & I'm pleased you're so happy with your result!

17th July 2019

After my initial consultation, I met Mark Wevill, and he suggested that I would be an excellent candidate for Phakic ICL Lens Replacement. He explained that the operation was straight forward, and that it would last no longer than 20 minutes per eye, and that I would be conscious throughout the procedure, due to having eye drops to numb the pain. After having both eyes done, I was able to drive a few days later. A few weeks later, at my check up, I was pleased to be told that my eyes we're better than 20/20 vision, after having worn glasses for over 40 years!. Six weeks later, I am now able to drive, swim, use a sauna if I want to and go the gym, all without glasses. I would also recommend Mark Wevill to any of my family or friends, If they we're thinking of having any type of eye surgery.

4th September 2019
Response from Mr Mark Wevill

I'm so pleased the treatment has changed your life! Thanks for letting us know.

Nearest Ophthalmologists