Mr David Cheung

Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc. In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include: Functional Eyelid Problems Heavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty) Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows) Thyroid eye disease Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids) Facial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation Cancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye Xanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration) Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets Watering eye surgery Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket Cosmetic Eyelid/ Oculofacial Treatment Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids Cosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty Dooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery Brow Lifting Tear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections Wrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Midface Lifting

27th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Can not recommend Mr Cheung enough. I am thrilled with the results.

3rd September 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

I'm really glad I went to see Mr Cheung - he has a fantastic consultation style and is clearly very experienced in his field. He was approachable, honest with what to expect and was readily available for post-procedure advice. I was a particularly complex case needing one-sided eyelid surgery to create symmetry and Mr Cheung explained the risks clearly and I am very happy with the results. Highly recommended.

30th June 2016
Written by a patient at West Midlands Hospital

On my first consultation with David he put my mind at ease and explained everything that was involved with this procedure. it was unrushed and totally thorough. past examples of his work were shown and discussed. I'd waited many years to pluck up the courage to have this lower blephoplasty due to being so nervous. I completed lots of research and found David to be the most competent surgeon. David's confidence really helped me to relax on the day of the operation, and his advise post op was second to none. This really is an operation which gets better with time, I had no pain but eyes felt gritty and uncomfortable few the first few weeks. the drops that were prescribed really helped with this irritation, so please follow David's post op instructions to the letter. Six weeks post op and I am delighted with my new eyes, it's turned back the clock and made me so much fresher. I'm so happy with the results. Thank you David P.S. see you in five years time for the uppers Regards Sharon

29th June 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Having suffered with seriously droopy eyelids for decades, I finally took the plunge on retirement, shortly after my 60th Birthday. After much research, and by recommendation, I met with David Cheung. From initial introduction, I felt comfortable, and reassured by his professionalism and comprehensive explanation of the procedure. I chose to proceed under local anaesthetic, despite my natural apprehension, bordering on panic …… However, I was made to feel completely safe. I can honestly say, I felt no pain whatsoever, either during or after surgery. In fact, I felt so relaxed, I almost fell asleep, despite chatting with David and his team throughout the hour or so in theatre. I followed all the advice given, and within days could see positive results. Six weeks’ post-op, I am absolutely delighted to have eyelids again! I would not hesitate to recommend David to anyone and everyone. My scars are virtually invisible. I have truly enjoyed the process, with regular email and text contact. David is more than just a brilliant Surgeon, probably a magician, and a thoroughly nice man. I have received so many compliments in the last few weeks, from ‘Have you changed your hair’, to ‘retirement suits you’ and best of all, ‘You look so relaxed and much younger’. My confidence is soaring, and David is now top of my Christmas card list!!

13th October 2014
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

He was lovely. Really knew what he was talking about. So thorough and filled me with confidence. I'm so delighted with my eyelids now. I had a blepharoplasty under local anaesthetic and I now look 20 years younger.

Short link to review Mr David Cheung: http://iwgc.net/eesgt