2nd May 2022

Delighted every day that I had this done. David Cheung is an expert and meticulous surgeon, caring, communicative and an all-round lovely guy. If you're considering any surgery that is going to involve your eyes, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to you. I had a bilateral blepharoplasty earlier in the year to correct ptosis, reduce bags and generally cheer up my sad looking eyes. I'm so pleased I did it. More to the point, I'm so happy David did it. I didn't consult any other surgeons, having read the many positive reviews of his work. He carried out a very thorough examination of my eyes at the consultation, took all the measurements and photos he needed and explained everything clearly and fully. There was never any pressure to go ahead with it - in fact, first option on his suggested plan was to do nothing at all. He was always on the end of an email, super quick to personally respond to any questions, both in the weeks before and after the operation. And on the day of the procedure, he was supported by a brilliant team. I felt really well looked after. Many thanks, David, and to everyone involved.

2nd May 2022

2nd April 2022

David is a fantastic consultant - caring, very thoughtful and importantly a fantastic surgeon. I am so happy with the outcome of my procedure and can't be more grateful.

29th March 2022

From the minute I met Dr Cheung I was instantly put at my ease with his friendly manner. I’d visited him for advice and information on an eye lift revision. I’d had my surgery with a well respected surgeon elsewhere however I was unhappy with the results. Dr Cheung is a listener and validated my reasons for coming to see him. I was not rushed, Dr Cheung was very thorough. He asked me lots of questions, took notes and measurements. In my case a revision isn’t an option as my eyelid creases were placed too high. He explained that for me it would be a risky and complicated operation to lower the creases. Dr Cheung reassured me that my blepharoplasty still looked good however he understood I was disappointed to have so much eyelid on show. Before I left he showed me examples of his work, before and after photos of very natural looking eyes. I had an easy train journey from York into Birmingham city centre and then a short taxi ride to the Westbourne centre. The staff are helpful and friendly and the Westbourne Centre is spotlessly clean.

28th March 2022

I was vey anxious pre-op however Dr Cheung made sure that I felt comfortable throughout my whole experience. I live in Scotland and had to travel to Birmingham and in order to save travelling and accommodation costs, I only attended the mandatory appointments however through email, David reassured me whenever I had any concerns and answered my questions thoroughly. The actual procedure was easier than I thought and even post-op recovery was quicker than I had anticipated which is obviously a good thing. I did feel slight pain during the procedure but it is not sore enough to discourage anyone wanting the same procedure. I am beyond happy with the results and cannot recommend Dr David Cheung enough! Thank you

Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc. In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include: Functional Eyelid Problems Heavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty) Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows) Thyroid eye disease Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids) Facial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation Cancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye Xanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration) Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets Watering eye surgery Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket Cosmetic Eyelid/ Oculofacial Treatment Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids Cosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty Dooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery Brow Lifting Tear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections Wrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Midface Lifting

Nearest Ophthalmologists