Mr David Cheung

Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc. In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include: Functional Eyelid Problems Heavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty) Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows) Thyroid eye disease Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids) Facial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation Cancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye Xanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration) Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets Watering eye surgery Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket Cosmetic Eyelid/ Oculofacial Treatment Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids Cosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty Dooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery Brow Lifting Tear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections Wrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Midface Lifting

3rd January 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Asian Blepharoplasty. Winter 2016. First-time having any surgery. - very friendly, relaxed and honest consultation - flew in by plane on my own and stayed a night in a hotel nearby before surgery in the morning (I do not live in the UK) - surgery was smooth, staff were friendlier and nicer than expected. also a lot of casual chatting during surgery, which i didn't expect. - flew back home on the same day of surgery with no problems. walked around the city for half a day before the flight (not the best idea) - had to keep clearing my eyes a bit as it kept becoming very blurry from ointments. also remember to bring large black sunglasses that wrap around your eyes! - during the blurry stages, i would suggest listening to valuable e-books to make good use of your time. - aftercare was great, everything except the silicone gel (for promoting scar heal at the end) was provided free of charge. the silicone gel (I got the Dermatix brand) will cost about £40 from Boots but it's most likely worth it. - followed every aftercare advice, except for the icepack. i didn't do any icepacks. - post-op appointments to review (aftercare) progress was good. i needed 3 appointments. - easy to stay in contact with David, via e-mail and via his personal mobile for emergencies, even while he was on holidays. he generally replies very quickly within a few working hours. he gives honest advice. - the final result was great. mine turned out perfectly symmetrical even after an accessory crease getting in the way during recovery. - if unsure about exactly how many mm to show, i would go with a little bit more rather than a little bit less in my opinion.

20th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

I underwent my procedure in 09/16. I felt in good hands throughout the whole process. David is very friendly and approachable. During the consultation, David explained the whole process in an easy to understand yet thoroughly informative manner. He addressed the anatomy of the area, the procedure, examples of results that have been achieved under his care previously, risks, potential complications and any questions I had. By the end of the consultation I was completely reassured. The day of the surgery went without a hitch. David came in to see me before I went into the operating theater to go over the process. I felt minimal discomfort during and after the operation. The staff are all very professional and friendly. After the operation, David went to lengths to explain all the after-procedure medication given to me and was always available for a fast reply by email. Overall it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Thank you for your time and expertise Mr Cheung!

4th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Dr Cheung has been most amazing. I wanted to be seen by the most experienced surgeon in the field of occuloplastic surgery. After doing a lot of research I had no doubt in choosing Dr Cheung for my eye lid surgery. From start to finish he has been the most attentive, thorough and reassuring. The result was great as it was just as he had explained and I expected. He was great at giving me advice in person and over the email and very approachable from start to finish. My first consultation was very detailed and thorough and on the day of the operation everything went smoothly. My mind was put at ease and I felt confident every step of the way. Working in the medical field myself, I know the importance of managing expectations and having a good rapport with patients. Both aspects have been above my expectations with Dr Cheung. He has been most professional I would not hesitate to recommend him. Now my eyes have fully healed and I am happy with the result! Thank you so much Dr Cheung! I will email you the post op photos asap. Kind regards.

27th November 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Can not recommend Mr Cheung enough. I am thrilled with the results.

3rd September 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

I'm really glad I went to see Mr Cheung - he has a fantastic consultation style and is clearly very experienced in his field. He was approachable, honest with what to expect and was readily available for post-procedure advice. I was a particularly complex case needing one-sided eyelid surgery to create symmetry and Mr Cheung explained the risks clearly and I am very happy with the results. Highly recommended.

Short link to review Mr David Cheung: http://iwgc.net/eesgt