Mr David Cheung

Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc. In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include: Functional Eyelid Problems Heavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty) Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows) Thyroid eye disease Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids) Facial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation Cancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye Xanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration) Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets Watering eye surgery Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket Cosmetic Eyelid/ Oculofacial Treatment Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids Cosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty Dooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery Brow Lifting Tear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections Wrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Midface Lifting

5th December 2017
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

I had skin cancer on the lower eyelid, i was referred to Mr Cheung he was fantastic in dealing with my operation he explained everything in detail what he was going to do,on the day of my operation i was nervous and he put me at ease and said everything will be ok and he was right, I was worried what my eye would look like after the operation and he explained what he would have to do to take the cancer out and reconstruct my eye i was really pleased with the result i would recommend Mr Cheung and i thank him every time i look in the mirror.

21st October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

If you're considering having surgery to remove the bags under your eyes, I have two recommendations: 1. Do it! 2. Make your appointment with David Cheng Although I didn't have a particularly bad case of sagging, it was enough to make me look permanently tired, especially under overhead lights, adding a few years to my looks. David rectified this wonderfully. His procedure method did not leave any visible marks, and bruising was only slight, with dark bruising clearing after a week or two, and yellowing clearing soon after that. I would say I was beginning to look my age at 43 before the procedure, but now back to looking several years younger, and with renewed confidence. In the initial consultation, David made me at ease immediately. He has a very warm, confident, personable nature, and takes the time to explain everything. Any trepidation I had was soon allayed, and I felt sure I was in safe hands with the right surgeon. On the day of the operation, all the staff made me feel at ease and were very friendly and attentive. Going under general anaesthetic, it was over in a flash, with naturally a little disorientation waking up, but was then constantly taken care of until being discharged an hour or two later. David and the rest of the staff made it all a stress free experience. My eyes were a little sore initially, but there is really nothing to worry about. Following being discharged, David kept in touch and was available for any concerns or queries, although with everything being so straightforward and complication free, I did not need to see him again until the post-op one week check-up, and the following 3 month check-up. So, if you're considering the operation and worried about delving into the unknown, I'll reiterate my first two points; make an appointment with David and in a few months you will be writing a similar review.

23rd September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Really friendly, professional, good surgeon. Consultantion was thorough, few weeks wait time for surgery but it gcouldn't have gone better. I was prepared to really suffer 'pain wise' to get rid of the xanthelasma but when the anaesthetic wore off I didn't have to take any painkillers. I was really amazed. Had my emails replied to very quickly. The scars are small and neat- in fact, I took my mom to see her knee surgeon the same afternoon of my surgery and he commented how neat a job my eyes looked! Would definitely go back if I needed anything else eye related done.

3rd January 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Asian Blepharoplasty. Winter 2016. First-time having any surgery. - very friendly, relaxed and honest consultation - flew in by plane on my own and stayed a night in a hotel nearby before surgery in the morning (I do not live in the UK) - surgery was smooth, staff were friendlier and nicer than expected. also a lot of casual chatting during surgery, which i didn't expect. - flew back home on the same day of surgery with no problems. walked around the city for half a day before the flight (not the best idea) - had to keep clearing my eyes a bit as it kept becoming very blurry from ointments. also remember to bring large black sunglasses that wrap around your eyes! - during the blurry stages, i would suggest listening to valuable e-books to make good use of your time. - aftercare was great, everything except the silicone gel (for promoting scar heal at the end) was provided free of charge. the silicone gel (I got the Dermatix brand) will cost about £40 from Boots but it's most likely worth it. - followed every aftercare advice, except for the icepack. i didn't do any icepacks. - post-op appointments to review (aftercare) progress was good. i needed 3 appointments. - easy to stay in contact with David, via e-mail and via his personal mobile for emergencies, even while he was on holidays. he generally replies very quickly within a few working hours. he gives honest advice. - the final result was great. mine turned out perfectly symmetrical even after an accessory crease getting in the way during recovery. - if unsure about exactly how many mm to show, i would go with a little bit more rather than a little bit less in my opinion.

20th December 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

I underwent my procedure in 09/16. I felt in good hands throughout the whole process. David is very friendly and approachable. During the consultation, David explained the whole process in an easy to understand yet thoroughly informative manner. He addressed the anatomy of the area, the procedure, examples of results that have been achieved under his care previously, risks, potential complications and any questions I had. By the end of the consultation I was completely reassured. The day of the surgery went without a hitch. David came in to see me before I went into the operating theater to go over the process. I felt minimal discomfort during and after the operation. The staff are all very professional and friendly. After the operation, David went to lengths to explain all the after-procedure medication given to me and was always available for a fast reply by email. Overall it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Thank you for your time and expertise Mr Cheung!

Nearest Plastic surgeons