Mr David Cheung

Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc. In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include: Functional Eyelid Problems Heavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty) Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows) Thyroid eye disease Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids) Facial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation Cancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye Xanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration) Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets Watering eye surgery Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket Cosmetic Eyelid/ Oculofacial Treatment Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids Cosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty Dooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery Brow Lifting Tear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections Wrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Midface Lifting

4th September 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Priory Hospital

I have seen Mr David Cheung a few times starting in November 2017. I have always found him to be a very knowledgeable, professional practitioner. He is refreshingly down to earth as well as accommodating of any concerns that his patients may have. We have also had a real giggle during a procedure which was great! I would highly recommend Mr Cheung to anyone considering his services.

24th August 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Priory Hospital

Right from the initial consultation, David put my mind at ease, explaining all of my options clearly, along with pro's and con's for each. There was no pressure at any point to opt for any of the procedures, and all consultations were very relaxed. We had a few consultations leading up the surgery (Frontalis Suspension), each one giving me more confidence that I'd chosen the right Surgeon. The day of the surgery was again, very relaxed, which eased the slight nerves. David and his team were great throughout, providing commentary throughout so I knew exactly what was going on at all times. The surgery itself was slightly uncomfortable, but the only pain was from the initial anesthetic injections. Post surgery, I was given all of the medical ointments that I'd need, along with some advice for the following few days. The package also included a number of follow-up aftercare appointments, which again, David was great with, explaining each time the healing process, and what I could expect between the current and the next appointment. Overall I'm 100% happy that I made the right choice in choosing David, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing surgery, or just a friendly consultation to explore their options.

4th July 2019
Written by a patient at The Westbourne Centre

From my initial consultation with Mr Cheung I felt totally confident. His style is very personable, I felt relaxed and comfortable to ask many questions about the procedure. I had done quite a bit of research before contacting Mr Cheung so I knew I was being seen by one of the best consultants for what I wanted to achieve. The surgery was as I expected and although I did feel nervous, Mr Cheung and his team helped me to feel relaxed and the environment was upbeat which helped. The aftercare was very good, I was contacted by the hospital staff to ensure everything was ok. I am absolutely thrilled with the outcome of the surgery and the feedback I have had from family and friends has been amazing. I really do look 10 years younger!

11th April 2019
Written by a patient at Sandwell District General Hospital

I had right eye Ptosis due to excessive contact lense wear. I received an appointment with Mr Cheung through the NHS. Throughout the whole process everything was explained clearly and I felt I understood all stages involved with the procedure. I had the Operation 3 months ago and I am extremely happy with the result. The quality of work and service from Mr Cheung was exceptional. Jamie Carney

21st March 2019
Written by a patient at West Midlands Hospital

I arranged an appointment with Mr Cheung on the recommendation of my G.P. who considered him one of the top specialist consultants in his field.. Mr Cheung put me immediately at ease at my first consultation. He assessed my condition and answered all my questions thoroughly. He gave me his email address and told me to contact him should I have any further questions which I did. My emails were replied to very quickly and my questions were answered fully and comprehensively. After much consideration I arranged a date with Mr Cheung to have Ptosis and Blephoplasty surgery. On the day of surgery Mr Cheung immediately put me at ease. Although the surgery had been explained to me I was still a little apprehensive but I needn’t have worried. Mr Cheung and his staff looked after me extremely well. On my discharge Mr Cheung told me to email or text him if I had any questions or concerns. For years I had suffered from droopy eyelids, one more droopy than the other and I am really pleased with the way my eyes look now. I would highly recommend Mr Cheung to anyone considering the type of surgery he specialises in.

Short link to review Mr David Cheung: http://iwgc.net/eesgt