Mr David Cheung

Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc. In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include: Functional Eyelid Problems Heavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty) Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows) Thyroid eye disease Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids) Facial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation Cancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye Xanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration) Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets Watering eye surgery Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket Cosmetic Eyelid/ Oculofacial Treatment Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids Cosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty Dooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery Brow Lifting Tear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections Wrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Midface Lifting

« 1 2 3 4 »

4th July 2018
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

My care under Mr Cheung was excellent, I had everything explained to me about my surgery and totally reassured so that when the day for the operation came around I had no doubts that I was in safe hands. Aftercare seemed just as important to Mr Cheung as it did to me. I always felt like I was priority and never rushed out of clinic. I would recommend Mr Cheung very highly. If you find yourself needing surgery this is the man to go to.

11th June 2018
Written by a patient at Sandwell District General Hospital

After not trusting any1 with my God given delicate body parts, I was given assurance by Dr Cheung, he was honest, friendly, he has a sense of hummer which is something I like, and knew how to make me comfortable. He was very thoughra with his checks before he did the surgery, he gave me the risk along with the wonderful expected outcome. He also told me the how long he has been doing that type of surgery and the good outcome, he has had. Dr Cheung has a very caring side which I like, as it so hard to come by these days, and that helps me to relax. He was very reasuring right up to the last second before the anestetic kicked in. The 1st check up was also very very thoughra and told me when to stop using the antibioics and the protective sheld. All in all he is a very Dr Cheung is a Great Dr and Surgen, I would recommend any one to him.

20th May 2018
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

If you have got a problem with your eyes Dr. David Cheung is the best doctor to fix your problem . He is very pleasant and helpfull doctor and his work is exelant. Don't be ever scared if you end up under his knife.

24th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Prior to deciding to go with David Cheung, I had consultations with 2 other plastic surgeons - I decided to go with Mr Cheung because of his extensive experience and excellent reputation in eye surgery. The consultation was fantastic - he was thorough with his explanations and very patient with my many questions and reassured me. He kept in regular communication prior to the surgery, answering my last minute questions and putting my mind at rest. On the day of the surgery, I was clearly nervous but he gave me confidence that the procedure would go to plan and that I was not to worry. Although it wasn't the most enjoyable experience, I felt safe at all times and trusted that I was in the best hands. The atmosphere throughout the surgery was calm, friendly and chatty, with music playing in the background and the time passed quickly. Immediately after the surgery, I was given recovery time during which a nurse stayed with me to check me over to ensure I was ok to go home fully informed about the aftercare. After the operation I was able to contact Mr Cheung, who was very quick in responding and supporting me with my concerns and questions about my recovery. I felt that I could get in touch with him at any time and he always helped to reassure me. Overall, I am extremely happy with all aspects of my experience and the outcome of my surgery; it has knocked 10 years off me and is better than I could have hoped for. I no longer suffer with dry eyes or sore eyelids due to the hooding and the ptosis has gone in my left eye. I would recommend Mr David Cheung 100% to anyone considering eye surgery.

20th February 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital

I have always worn eyeshadow but my eyelids had become so overhanging that I was starting to feel that there was no point applying it as you couldn't see it. As I am a hairdresser I was surrounded by young girls who were able to apply stunning eye makeup. After discussing this with a colleague she recommended that I should go and see Dr Cheung as her mother had had surgery and was so pleased with her results. So I took the plunge and went to see Dr Cheung. Dr Cheung was great and recommended Blepharoplasty, explained the procedure and showed me lots of before and after pictures. I left feeling excited at the results I could achieve. Several weeks later I began to feel very anxious and started to feel that I wasn't brave enough to go through with it. I contacted Dr Cheung by text as he had given me his mobile number and explained how nervous I was, he said a few simple things in his text back to me that instantly made me feel more relaxed about it. For instance he said I could have slight sedation but that he really didn't feel that I needed it and that a few of his patients had said it was a real anti climax. I went to visit one of Dr Cheung previous patients who gave me the final assurance I needed, so I booked the appointment. On the day of my procedure, yes I was very nervous but as soon as Dr Cheung and his team started my procedure I was instantly relaxed and I just loved how comfortable they made me feel, in fact we had quite a laugh, chatted about what was on TV last night. I thought I would be really freaked out by the fact that I was awake throughout the procedure but not at all. I was so proud of myself for going through with the procedure. I left thinking why did I get myself so worked up, there was nothing to it. I got home and as the anesthetic started to wear off I started to feel slight pain, I took 2 paracetamol, had a little sleep and woke up later and I was fine, I never took any more painkillers. Dr Cheung emailed me that evening to see how I was and reminded me of my after care. I followed his instructions by the letter and am so pleased with the results.

« 1 2 3 4 »