Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital
5th July 2020

Mr Cheung was lovely! I had a upper and lower lid blepharoplasty under twilight sedation at the Edgbaston hospital 6 months ago. I felt that I was in safe hands after my friend's mom needed cancer surgery to her eyelid at Russells Hall Hospital and I saw her result. I had a remote Zoom consultation with David last month. I so wanted to show him what the final result was but this pandemic put a stop to that. I so want to show my pictures and although this experience has done wonders for my confidence, I'm still not brave enough! Anyway thanks so much David!

Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital
10th May 2020

Absolutely delighted with him and his team First class care He came highly recommended

Written by a patient at BMI Birmingham Hospital
27th February 2020

I was referred to David Cheung re warts on my eyelids. He explained exactly what they were and what he could do to remove them. An appointment was made and on entering the hospital I was greeted by some very lovely and caring staff. I was taken down to theatre and again greeted by great friendly staff who again explained to me the procedure that David was going to undertake. After the minor operation and a friendly chat with David I was taken to recovery and after a short while was allowed home. A further appointment was made with David to review the results and both he and I were very happy with the results. I would highly recommend Mr Cheung for his professionalism and knowledge and he makes his patients feel important and at ease.

Written by a patient at Sandwell District General Hospital
24th February 2020

I was referred to Mr Chueng as an NHS patient to have reconstructive eyelid surgery following the removal of a Basal Cell Carsinoma near my eye. The removal was done at Solihull and the reconstruction by Mr Cheung was done at Sandwell. I received excellent care at Sandwell by all the staff and I had absolute confidence in Mr Cheung and so did the theatre staff. The operation was over 2 hours long but I was put at my ease by Mr Cheung and all the other staff. When I returned to have stitches removed Mr Cheung explained exactly how to treat the wound and what to expect in the coming weeks. I felt well informed and knew that if I had any concerns I could email him. He has seen me several times in clinic to check on progress and has now discharged me after nearly 9 months of care. I cannot overstate how impressed I am by the NHS care I received.

Written by a patient at The Westbourne Centre
7th February 2020

I chose David for an oriental blepharoplasty with ptosis correction and from the initial consultation I knew I was in great hands. He was extremely thorough and listened to all my concerns, carefully explaining every part of the process so I knew exactly what the procedure would involve. On the day of the surgery I was really nervous but David and the nurses were all really kind and quickly I began to relax. The procedure itself was basically painless, a small pinch when they inject the anaesthetic around your eye area and after that you don’t feel anything at all. Over the recovery period David responded promptly to any further questions I had within a day or sometimes a few hours which was really reassuring. I am really happy with the final results and I couldn’t recommend him enough to anyone thinking of going through with this kind of procedure!

Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc. In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include: Functional Eyelid Problems Heavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty) Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows) Thyroid eye disease Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids) Facial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation Cancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye Xanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration) Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets Watering eye surgery Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket Cosmetic Eyelid/ Oculofacial Treatment Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids Cosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty Dooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery Brow Lifting Tear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections Wrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Midface Lifting

Nearest Ophthalmologists