Mr David Cheung

Mr Cheung is a consultant ophthalmologist who sees and treats patients with all types of eye conditions e.g. cataracts, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, etc. In addition, Mr Cheung is a consultant oculoplastic/oculofacial & orbital surgeon, meaning that he is expert in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face e.g. eyelids, eyebrows, tear drainage system & eye socket; providing comprehensive modern management of functional/reconstructive and cosmetic problems. These include: Functional Eyelid Problems Heavy Lids, Hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty) Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows) Thyroid eye disease Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids) Facial Palsy/ Bells Palsy Rehabilitation Cancers/ Tumours/ Lumps and bumps of the eye and around the eye Xanthelasma Removal/ Cholesterol patches Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration) Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets Watering eye surgery Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket Cosmetic Eyelid/ Oculofacial Treatment Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty), Hooded Eyelids Cosmetic Oriental Eyelid Surgery/ Double Eyelid Surgery/ Asian Blepharoplasty/ Oriental Blepharoplasty Dooping Upper Eyelids, Eyelid Ptosis Correction Surgery Brow Lifting Tear Trough Rejuvenation using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections Wrinkle reduction treatment using injectable dermal fillers e.g. Restylane Midface Lifting

17th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Westbourne Centre

Had upper blepharoplasty (resetting of the eyelid crease ) in July 2017 at the Westbourne Centre. I had thoroughly researched occuloplastic surgeons and also saw some well known London based ones, however when I came across David's website I knew I had found the right surgeon. And I was not wrong, from the initial consultation he was very honest about what he can do and explained what may go wrong on occasion (although his results speak for themselves) so never felt rushed or pressured into having surgery. On the day of the surgery, the staff esp the nurses at the Westbourne were excellent, I was given local anesthetic, David checked in with me before surgery, he was calm throughout the procedure and reassuring, and followed up after it was over, with the first check up a week later. The results were completely natural giving a fresh new look without a dramatic change, there is no visible scarring as it was where the new creases were formed, and all in all no obvious sign of surgery. David's approach to his patients, with good communication throughout and personal touch really just sum up what a skilled surgeon and gentleman that he is and this is truly reflected in all his patients' testimonials. Surgery was well worth it.

13th February 2018
Written by a patient at Sandwell District General Hospital

I first saw Mr David Cheung in July 2017 as I had a basal cell carcinoma in the inner corner of my left eye. On examination he informed me that after removal I would need a skin graft. This did fill me with trepidation but I need not have worried as he has done a brilliant job! He was very easy to talk to, answering all my questions and made me feel positive about the outcome. The final result is so good that there is no sign that I have had surgery. Once again my sincere thanks to this excellent surgeon. Pamela Hill

13th January 2018
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

Mr Cheung carried out 3 procedures: Bilateral lower lid entropian, bilateral brow lift, bilateral top lid reduction. Throughout the entire consultations, procedures and aftercare, every stage was fully explained to me. Mr Cheung was very easy to speak with and willing to discuss any concerns. I did not experience any problems after surgery, therefore I only had to attend the normal follow up checks. I have complete trust in Mr Cheung, cannot find fault in any part of the service and would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Cheung’s clinic.

9th January 2018
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

He explained what was going to happen so I had no problems with the surgery. I was very nervous but the team were very good, the injection to freeze was a bit unpleasant but after that I never felt a thing. Walked out feeling fine. The nurses were very helpful and I followed the instructions to the letter. The follow up aftercare was excellent and I was told to call if I had any worries. After two weeks I went back to work and am thrilled with the results.

5th December 2017
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

I had skin cancer on the lower eyelid, i was referred to Mr Cheung he was fantastic in dealing with my operation he explained everything in detail what he was going to do,on the day of my operation i was nervous and he put me at ease and said everything will be ok and he was right, I was worried what my eye would look like after the operation and he explained what he would have to do to take the cancer out and reconstruct my eye i was really pleased with the result i would recommend Mr Cheung and i thank him every time i look in the mirror.

Nearest Plastic surgeons