mr-kanthan-theivendran

Mr Kanthan Theivendran

Written by a NHS patient at City Hospital
12th January 2022

Having had a traumatic radial head fracture involving my dominant arm, I was significantly concerned about my future with its implications on my ability to work. There was also a significant delay with me waiting in AE for 8 hours before being seen. I was however grateful that Mr Theivendran took over my case once the referral from AE to ortho was made. He gave a realistic breakdown of the pros- and cons- of both surgical and non-surgical management of the fracture. Each consultation was also always followed up promptly by a written letter (surprisingly within a few days, credit to his admin team also for this). He has a good patient manner, clear communication skills, and really pleased with how my surgery and subsequent recovery went.

13th October 2021

Thank you Mr Kathmandu Theivendran for your Exellent and hard work and all your support to me for my treatment that I did receive by you and team on my left elbow terrible trial fractured dislocation of the elbow. Thank you .

5th May 2021

Mr Theivendran was incredibly attentive, calm and professional with all communications I had with him. I was very nervous about my emergency procedure but I felt in very safe hands, I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone. Thank you very much for everything.

2nd May 2021

As an 80 year old woman, I appreciate that Dr Theivendran agreed to perform the reverse shoulder replacement on me. I’m incredibly lucky and grateful that I was able to have my operation in February 2020, before the lockdown started in March. Dr Theivendran made me feel comfortable and listened to; he took the time to answer any questions I had and explained the operation and recovery in great detail.

Specialist interest in Shoulder and Elbow and Upper Limb Surgery