Mr Mark Farndon

Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon Specialising in all aspects of foot & ankle surgery, including sports injuries, deformity correction, arthroscopic (key hole) surgery, joint replacement & revision surgery. Specialising in arthroscopic knee surgery & knee replacement. NHS practice at Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust. Tel: 01423 554411 Private practice at Leeds Nuffield, BMI The Duchy Harrogate & The Harlow Suite Harrogate Tel: 0113 388 2189

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

18th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Hospital Harrogate

Mr farndon listened to me and made a swift correct diagnosis. He then followed up with tests and surgery - all of which happened within 5 weeks. All pain was gone after surgery and after three weeks I’m back to walking several miles every day. He was very professional but personable. I can’t thank him enough for getting my life back.

11th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Hospital Harrogate

Mr Farndon and all of his team at The Duchy Hospital gave me excellent care and attention in every way when I had my recent partial knee replacement . Everything was explained clearly to me before the operation & I was shown the X-rays , exactly what was wrong with the knee & what my surgery would entail. The nursing staff, kitchen staff and Angela the physio also looked after me brilliantly, & the aftercare of physio for the six weeks following was excellent & everything was explained to me clearly. Thankyou for all your care, I would certainly recommend you all to anyone about to need surgery. Yours Sincerely, Stuart Henderson ( D.O.B. 28/5/49) 2, Cotterdale Close, Knaresborough, HG5 0DY

11th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Hospital Harrogate

In September 2017 I broke my heel quite badly in a climbing accident and was referred to Mr Farndon at Harrogate Hospital on the NHS. The help and care I was given by Mark and his team was superb. From the very first meeting I felt confident in trusting the advice he gave me in explaining the options I had. I opted for a non surgical recovery and sought help from one his trusted Physio’s and have made an excellent recovery. Within 4 months I was able to ski and climb again at a high level. I can only highly recommend Mark and his high degree of professionalism

29th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Hospital Harrogate

I was desperate to have both knees replaced and was referred to Mr Mark Farndon. I obtained an appointment very quickly and from the moment I met him I had complete confidence in him. He explained everything he would be doing, whilst I was in theatre, listening to any anxieties and fears I had about the surgery. Post operatively he visited me every morning, to ensure all was going well. I was back home in two days. My recovery was so fast and without any problems. Mr Farndon replaced my other knee within two months of the first op. When undertaking this journey I was in pain and had poor mobility. I asked Mr Farndon if he would give me my life back. Now with my new knees I am back to my old self, walking, swimming and gardening. Thank you Mr Farndon.

24th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Hospital Harrogate

Mr Farndon provided a very professional approach to my operation, with informative follow up advice. he instilled confidence in presenting a comprehensive outline to the full context of the pending operation which has resulted in a satisfactory outcome. Please extend my thanks and appreciation for his fine attention to detail , and I welcome his expertise applied to my Complete Ankle Replacement.

Short link to review Mr Mark Farndon: http://iwgc.net/efhwo