Harrogate District Hospital

Lancaster Park Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England, HG2 7SX

11th February 2020

All of the hospital staff were kind and sufficiently courteous. The meals were very good. I felt great love and care from every staff member who dealt with me. They deserve appreciation from everyone. I did, however, have difficulty in sleeping at night due to light and noise.This though is a minor point. I am delighted with my NHS experience. Thank you.

30th November 2019

The whole process from my GP referral through to seeing Consultants, having 2 Hysteroscopies (one under GA with biopsies), an MRI scan to having keyhole surgery has been excellent. Everyone in each department introduced themselves, told us what was going to happen, gave written information to back up what they had been saying on two occasions at least and always listened to questions that we may have. I have been through clinics, phlebotomy, the Women's unit, MRI scan, pre op assessment unit, Day surgery and later the admission and discharge unit, theatre and Nidderdale. And I also met Angela and Marion from the the Women's team and McMillan nurses. Everyone in each unit were professional and so helpful at all times. There were those that went that step further and I thanked them profusely at the time. What an amazing service from our fantastic NHS! Fast tracked for cancer and I think it was 8 weeks from beginning to end. Thank you all so much.

23rd September 2019

I was very impressed during my recent treatment how each department involved worked together to make sure I experienced the best outcome. I cannot thank all the staff from the consultants, nurses of all grades and all the other people involved in my care. At all times I was made to feel that whatever was needed would be provided for enable the best outcome for me. I think the hospital management should be very proud of their staff who are doing e everything they can for their patients. Our country should be very proud of our NHS Thank you for my care in what was a quite complex case.

9th September 2019

From the minute I went to the doctors up to now (12 days post op) I could not have been more impressed by the professionalism of all NHS staff who contributed to my care. Whilst it is inevitable that the Doctors and Nurses should receive the highest praise, the ancillary staff - cleaners, dietitians and the catering team, nursing assistants, the volunteers also warrant a mention and a big thank you as they contributed to making my stay in hospital as comfortable as possible. The only comment I would make is that the portion sizes for the lunches and evening meals could be adjusted for those of us that don't eat quite so much!

17th March 2017

Fantastic health-care by Mr Farndon and team and a big thank you. Waiting three and a half hours in Discharge when feeling tired and ill - for a small box of Codeine which I said I never took - was totally unacceptable. The pills could be given to patients leaving from the ward, or a prescription to be picked up at chemist on way home, would be more acceptable. Discharge papers only signed and needle removed from hand when Codeine arrived. Unacceptable and easily remedied at hospitals everywhere please.

3rd February 2017

Every staff member I have come across has been exceptional. Always very pleasant, kind and caring. I stayed at Harrogate for 3 nights. I'm not a person to make a fuss, but due to my ankle being in pot I was unable to walk. Staff could not have been more helpful. Ring the bell and somebody would arrive in a moment or two. I did accidentally press the emergency button once, I'm so so sorry, a dozen staff round my bed within 10 seconds. One very red faced patient. Thanks for looking after me

4th November 2016

the staff were very atetive to me through the gp who refreade me staff did a great job on me and would like to thank all conceared good job done thankyou all

15th October 2015

Can only say Thank you for my 1st class treatment and care.

13th November 2014

I was taken to A and E after sustaining a fall in the grounds of the Majestic Hotel . Everyone with whom I came in contact from paramedics onward were friendly calm and efficient. My room on Farndale ward was very bright and comfortable and the ensuite facilities, I am sure added greatly to my ability to learn to do things for myself and to maintain normal living The food was excellent with excellent choices ( I am marred to a chef) and the portions more than adequate so I only had small portions.. The surgical team under Mr Charlie Talbot were very good at explaining all the procedures and the surgeon Mr Ayman Surial called in to see me regularly to see that all was well. The ward staff, both medical and domestic were always helpful and cheerful and although my husband and friends had to return home ( we had gone to Harrogate on holiday) I never felt neglected or lonely Swaledale ward to which I was moved whilst awaiting transport home due to a shortage of beds was very much 1970's and I was pleased to discover it is only used in emergencies to keep beds available. I would not have liked to have been in there for long, It does need refurbishing The paramedics who came to collect me to take me back to Essex asked that I should add their thanks for the way they had been treated; having already done a long drive. they were offered some food and drink before setting off on the return journey. They said they had never been shown such consideration before and very were grateful for it I think I was very fortunate to be taken to the Harrogate and District Hospital Your sincerely Barbara Collar

24th July 2014

999 call only to be discharged by A/E a few hours later. Re-admitted via GP problems increasing. Left for four days before diagnosis of bowel obstruction given and surgery for bowel resection required. Infected wound took 6 months plus to heal. Inadequate, in fact no dietary advice provided on ward. The odd doctor would listen most would not so sorry unable to recommend.

{{category}} working at Harrogate District Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Harrogate District Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4a2