18th October 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

hi, Kash operated on my knee after I tore the meniscus badly on holiday. When I first met him, he was direct, and clear - he explained what had happened to my knee, and my choices. I felt that I knew exactly what was going on. I'm now over 50, and I'd heard that complex repairs are not usual practice as one ages, instead it's more common for a quick surgical tidy up or trim of meniscus, and then have more major knee replacement later in life. I was very pleased to be offered the chance of a full repair. The surgery was arranged quickly, and went perfectly. The post surgical care was equally good. I saw him regularly, alongside a physio that he recommended, and with whom he clearly worked closely. Throughout the rehabilitation I felt I was making rapid progress, but safely with no risk of damaging the repaired knee. He stayed in touch directly, and with the physio so that they jointly managed my recovery back to 100%. I'm now looking forward to going ski-ing in the new year. Highly recommended. Andy

14th October 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Dr Akhtar Broke the procedure down and always explained details in a clear and easy to digest manner.

8th October 2018
Written by a carer at The Royal London Hospital

My 14 year old son tore his ACL which is an unusual injury for his age and it was difficult to find an experienced paediatric surgeon to treat him. We were referred to Kash who works as an adult orthopaedic surgeon at The Royal London Hospital but he was more that happy and skilled to perform an ACL reconstruction for our son. Within 6 months our son began to re-engage in his sports. Almost 2 years later and he is fully mobile and fully engaged with his athletic activities which include several hours of tennis and football every week. Kash inspired confidence in us from the outset and at a time when we were so concerned about the impact of this injury on our son. He explained the importance of pre and post rehabilitation, but our teenage son was reluctant to carry out his daily physio. In follow-up appointments Kash patiently explained and showed him pictures of the surgery and reconstruction to convince him of the value of physio. We are extremely grateful that Kash so skillfully carried out the operation, involving an 8cm hamstring graft to reconstruct the ACL. And all under our amazing NHS.

7th October 2018
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I had been suffering from a knee problem for a while and came across Mr Kash Akhtar (Kash) through a recommendation. After an initial consultation, Kash suggested a scan, which proved his original diagnoses. Through the whole process of initial and post-operation consultation, Kash gave me plenty of hope that I will be able to regain complete use of my knee. Two months after the operation my recovery is on track and I am near full activity, which is more than I was expecting. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Kash Akhtar to family and friends alike. He explained the problem I had with my knee and what would be done in a very effective and calm manner that gave me a great deal of confidence over the whole process.

5th October 2018
Written by a member of staff at The Royal London Hospital

Our Physiotherpy company Movement Perfected work with Mr Akhtar and recommend him to our clients. He has a great manor and we know our clients recieve great care with him and his team.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4