8th June 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I’ve been incredibly fortunate to be referred to Dr Akhtar, who has performed an arthroscopy on my right knee as I had torn my meniscus running back in October 2017. Physio and PRP injections over a six month period unfortunately did not resolve my condition, so I decided to explore the surgical route. On my first consultation Dr Akhtar made me feel very comfortable and clearly articulated the potential scenarios if I underwent the operation, which gave me confidence to pursue the operation. The operation happened 7 weeks ago and he had to remove 15% of my meniscus and was considered a success. I had a follow up consultation two weeks after that and he showed me what he did as he had videoed the procedure, which gave me confidence that he did a top class job. Since then I’ve been very disciplined with the knee strengthening exercises which has allowed me to start cycling, swimming and running without pain. When I saw Dr Akhtar this week, he was so pleased with my recovery that he signed me off, albeit I will continue to see the physio to further strengthen my knee. Without Dr Akhtar’s skill, empathy, care and precision I would not be contemplating doing the L’etape and Ironman next month. I would recommend Dr Akhtar to anyone who has a knee problem that requires surgery.

7th June 2018
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

My experience all round was positive, the nurses and care were good, I did have a problem wirh the pain medication made me feel ill but a fast recovery, full movement and not to much pain to date, but it's still early days. I'm really pleased I had the operation it's really improved my life. Great doctor. Thank you.

3rd June 2018
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I consider myself fortunate to be recommended to see Kash Akhtar and received excellent care for my knee replacements. I had one done and then the second, both of which were very helpful for me to restore my active lifestyle which was increasingly being affected. Both implants were specially configured for me (Total ConforMIS) and I feel that I was given the very best possible treatment and have greatly benefited. Gisele

31st May 2018
Written by a member of staff at Fortius Clinic

As a physiotherapist working in the City I have sent a number of my patients to see Kash and I’ll continue to do so. Every patient of mine that has seen Kash has reported excellent care, professionalism and an all important human touch. Patients often report being at ease after they have met him and find him relatable and friendly. I have found communicating with Kash on patients easy and working in a collaborative way has benefited our mutual patients hugely. With no incentive other than an excellent patient experience, I typically send all of my patients with difficult knee problems to see Kash.

30th May 2018
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I saw Mr. Akhtar after having a knee injury 2 months ago . My knee was in a very bad shape and had everything that could be possibly wrong inside it. On my first visit , he was very welcoming and heard me out completely with patience as I was very worried and in pain . I had barely any meniscus left and ACL was completely torn resulting in an unstable knee . Kash explained to me clearly what and how things have gone wrong and gave me the options of how to fix it . I was very much convinced after having a chat with him and he gave me date for the surgery as soon as possible. It was a very complex surgery from what i know as it took longer than usual ones . A week later I could tell how better and confident I felt about my knee , Today its been 7 weeks and Mr Akhtar has been in constant touch with me and is helping me with the rehab . He is been Brilliant and I would recommend him to anyone with closed eyes.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4