18th September 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Kash was very helpful following up via email after an initial consultation and follow up treatment. He initially listened to my history with respect to my left knee meniscus tear and I felt far more comfortable discussing the injury than with a previous surgeon I had visited. He explained to me all of the options with surgery being the last resort. Treatment so far has worked but if I do decide to have the surgery I will be going back to Kash for the operation.

8th September 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I suffered a knee injury (ACL and Meniscus tear) while skiing in Feb 2019. I visited Kash to consult with him about the injury right after. From Day 1 through today, Kash has made sure he gave me the information I need and took care of me in the best way I can imagine. I still remember the first conversation I had with Kash about my injury. He knew exactly what was wrong after the diagnosis, gave me necessary support and confidence that the injury can be treated, and provided me with all the necessary information. Kash took enough time to show me models of the knee and explain the injury in detail. He was detailed in his explanation which allowed me to understand the complications and benefits of having an ACL replacement and Meniscus repair surgery. He gave me enough time to think through the surgery and prepare in the best possible manner. He coordinated with the Physical Therapy specialists to keep tabs on my progress pre and post surgery. The support Kash provided before the surgery gave the confidence that I am with the right consultant. He completed a complex ACL replacement and Meniscus repair surgery and gave me all the necessary post-surgery rehab guidance. His guidance ensured that I had a relatively pain free initial recovery (first four weeks after Surgery) and recovery after that. I definitely recommend Kash to anyone with knee complications. He is one of the best out there! Thanks, Kash!

19th July 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Having been a keen runner, I was forced to stop because of knee pain. Initial diagnosis (from elsewhere) was that I had Osteoarthritis, but worsening pain led me to request a second opinion and I was referred to Kash. He requested MRI scans and from these diagnosed SONK (Spontaneous Osteonecrosis of the Knee) as the major cause of my knee pain. With a steroid injection, rest and physio treatment, the pain has now largely gone and a follow up MRI has shown the condition to be significantly reduced. As a result, I am optimistic that a return to pain-free running could be possible. Throughout my diagnosis, treatment and follow up, I found Kash to be highly knowledgeable, professional and positive in all his interactions. He was always good at running through the MRI reports, discussing options and answering my many questions. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone experiencing knee pain.

7th July 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

Kash Akhtar performed a total knee replacement on my left knee approximately one year ago using the Conformis knee replacement. The operation was performed at The London Bridge Hospital where I received excellent service and where Kash was very attentive for the three days I was there. The knee was fitted perfectly and although it has taken longer to get back to ‘normal’ than I thought, I did not help myself by fracturing my left ankle in a couple of places three months after the operation. Kash has shown kindness, compassion and a very genuine concern for my wellbeing over this period and he has now signed me off. I have an excellent bend of the knee, can straighten my leg and am pain free. Whilst I was recovering following the self inflicted complication of the double fracture, Kash did not hesitate in seeking advice from his colleagues before speaking and advising me. He is an extremely talented, caring and compassionate person with whom it has been a pleasure to be treated by. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

3rd July 2019
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I was referred to Dr Kash Akhtar after a MRI confirmed I had bucket handle tear of my meniscus as well as 4th degree deterioration of my cartilage. It what all quite daunting at first but I appreciated Dr Kash Akhtar's candid and positive approach to my situation and how we would go about repairing and then optimising my knee. 12 weeks on and I am back to the gym and extremely happy with my treatment. Kash is professional, knowledgeable and very personable. I highly recommend Kash to anyone looking for a knee surgeon.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4