16th November 2017
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I was referred to Kash by my Physio following a right knee ACL + partial meniscal tear. I found Kash honest, frank, and an excellent listener who clearly knows his stuff. After hearing my experience with the injury, he laid out my options for moving forward. Despite being a surgeon, his recommendation was for me to avoid surgery as the knee was recovering quite well for daily activities and as I was not aiming to participate in competitive non-linear sports. So far the knee has continued recovering, and I am glad that I avoided going for surgery. If I have knee issues again in the future, the first person I would talk to is Kash.

6th November 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I was recommended for a physio in Canary Wharf and since the first moment I felt the confidence of a great professional that care about your injuries and your wellbeing. After I made my left knee (I broke my ACL) he was absolutely confident I was going to be able able to play football again. The result of the surgery was perfect as he assured. After some time and regarding the great result of my surgery I commented out a problem I had in the right knee, previously operated in Spain with the same surgery he did. He took onboar my worries, he explored and decided to make another operation on this one. Again the result was amazing and remove the pain and improved the result of the ACL reconstruction perfomed. This one of the best trauma doctors I come across in my life and I would recommend him to anyone with problems in the knees 200%. The treatment, the follow up and how much he cares about my health and injuries is incredible.

6th November 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I was referred to Kash with an ITB issue which wasn't responding to physio and injections. I'd run a marathon causing it to flare up and hadn't been able to run for 6 months. The first time I met Kash he was very honest with me and laid out my options for moving forward without telling me what I should do. Kash is very personable and has a confidence in his ability that made me believe in him straight away. After some scans and one last try at an injection we decided I'd be operated on. I'd like to be clear in saying I think Kash could have called the operation on straight away but gave the knee every chance to heal without having to have surgery. Again Kash explained exactly what he was going to do and the possible outcomes. He came round just before the op and spent time talking to me and my wife about the op and the recovery, respecting the fact it would effect her almost as much as me. He then came back to see us after I had come round after the op. In the recovery stage I had further consultations with Kash and the first time I saw him after the op he took me through the filming of my operation which was both informative and fascinating. He also gave me the confidence to get rid of the crutches which I did not feel ready for before going to meet him. 8 months on my knee has very almost made a full recovery, I am running again and Kash has advised me on what I can do to prevent a relapse in the future, however, if ever I do have a knee issue again the first person I'd talk to is Kash.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Fortius Clinic

I was referred to Kash after tearing my meniscus in what was the latest of a long list of problems with my knee and it is safe to say that before meeting Kash I had lost all confidence that I would ever return to playing sport. After just one meeting with Kash those fears disappeared - Kash is not only a top-class surgeon, but a top-class bloke who took time to get know you and would bend over backwards in order to help. His confidence, friendliness and hard work makes you feel like your his only patient which, in what is probably one of the most hectic livelihoods, is a rare talent. Kash was clear and confident in explaining the procedure which helped allay any fears that come part and parcel with a surgical procedure. There were minor problems after the op after an allergic reaction to the dressing caused inflammation on the wound of which Kash got in touch and saw me in his free time to make sure all was well, a level of care I have never seen before. I can absolutely say that my knee now feels as good as it has done since I was a teenager 8 years ago for which I will forever be grateful. I could not possibly recommend Kash any more - the guy is a genius - and if - God forbid - I ever need any other surgery on my knee, I know exactly who to get referred to. My only regret is that I was not referred to him years earlier for my other procedures.

2nd November 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I was referred to Mr Akhtar for a suspected knee ligament injury, and have been delighted with his service and care since our first session. Mr Akhtar is consistently friendly and patient - explaining that he suspected my symptoms were the result of a torn ACL and damaged meniscus (later verified by an MRI scan) and talking me carefully through the options and outcomes for patients with these injuries. After plenty of consultation I decided to go ahead with ACL surgery in July this year and have not once regretted my decision. At each stage of the process before and after undergoing surgery I felt completely comfortable to be in the care of a very professional and empathetic consultant, and would recommend him to other patients considering the same procedure unquestioningly.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4