Mr Kash Akhtar

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

22nd May 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I was referred a number of months ago to Kash following a knee injury. Kash was able to build a quick rapport and instantly made me feel at ease. He listened carefully to the issues and was very careful not to jump to conclusions. He was keen to avoid surgery unless necessary and helped me explore all possible alternatives. When, in the end, it was clear that surgery was indeed the only option, he was quick to book me in and ensured I was as prepared as possible, providing a very thorough and honest run through of the procedure and potential outcomes, so that I felt totally prepared. On the day of the surgery itself, he was calm and reassuring, and I felt totally at ease. He is clearly incredibly knowledgeable and it was great to have someone who I could trust completely. Given my injury was rather rare, it was very reassuring to have someone who was so clearly such an expert in their field. The recovery was quick and the scars left are so tiny and much smaller than I can ever have imagined. The follow-up appointments with Kash were great and he talked through the procedure and recovery plan in great detail, really taking the time to make sure everything was ok and that I was clear on my progression path. I genuinely could not have wished for anyone better. He has been thorough and professional throughout, and quite clearly would not rest until my knees had been sorted, which was greatly appreciated. Not only this but he was genuinely lovely and really took the time to get to know me and my injury, and didn't just make you feel like 'just another number'. If I was to ever have future problems, I would not hesitate to go back to Kash. I am so grateful for all he has done and couldn't have asked for a nicer or more talented surgeon!

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I was referred to Kash by a Sports practice in the City and was looking forward to meeting him. From our first meeting, I was instantly put at ease by his manner, his in depth explanation of procedures/my options, his honesty and his sense of humour. Bearing in mind I had just suffered a serious injury, I needed some positive advice and, above all, peace of mind that I was in safe hands. I couldn't have felt more reassured after the meetings I had prior to my surgery. On the day of the surgery, I received another in-depth explanation about the surgery before signing the consent form, which again made me feel that I couldn't be in safer hands. I was right. Having had my stitches out yesterday (which I was privately dreading!), I feel like a great weight has been lifted from me. Not only was the experience better than I thought it would be, it was remarkably pleasant! Both Kash and (Geraldine?) the Nurse did an excellent job of keeping my mind off what was going on with my knee and I can honestly say it was entirely pain free. My physio has just seen Kash's handy work up close and has said that he has seen plenty of scars following ACL reconstruction etc. and this is the best surgery he has seen for this procedure. Other than my shaved knee, he would have though I was 8 weeks post-op, not 2. I am overjoyed by the results. In summary, I cannot thank Kash enough for the work that he has done for me and I thoroughly look forward to seeing him again for my follow-up consultation.

12th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I received treatment to repair a tibial plateau fracture as a result of a road traffic accident. The surgery went smoothly, and Mr Akhtar and his team were on hand to answer all my questions before and after the surgery. The recovery & rehabilitation went successfully, and I was back walking 8 weeks after the surgery, and have recovered full mobility in the joint. The bone has healed cleanly. Post-operative consultations with Mr Akhtar have been pleasant and efficient. He's approached each consultation with good humour, which put me at ease, and answered all of my questions patiently & diligently.

12th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I suffered a pretty bad injury to my and was advised to go see Kash. I was under Kash's care from October to May. Throughout Kash was professional and put me at ease. Even when I wasnt so positive he ensured me that I was making good progress. I would highly recommend Kash to anyone with injuries such as mine.

10th May 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I saw Kash for a meniscus tear in early December 2016. He showed a great mix of attentiveness and confidence, and laid out the treatment options in a very balanced way. Kash fully respected my decision to pursue less invasive treatment (physiotherapy) before going down the surgical route. I feel I was given all the information (and time) that I needed in order to make an informed decision myself.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4