15th September 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

Sadly, after an ACL reconstruction 2 years undertaken in the USA I suffered a discontinuity in the original graft on my return to the UK. I had the pleasure of being referred to Kash Akhtar and have since had a 1st stage revision of my ACL and microfracture procedure completed, with a 2nd stage to be completed in early 2018. Dr Akhtar was professional and friendly during the original consultation. Once an MRI scan had taken place, he was spot on with his diagnosis and recommended a proposed course of treatment in order to resolve the issues with my knee. All the procedures that were going to take place were explained in detail and an extensive rehabilitation programme was discussed, which resulted in 6 weeks non weight bearing in order to improve the results of the surgery. I have enjoyed being in Kash’s care and I have the utmost faith in his ability to improve the current situation with my knee and improve my quality of life after the 2nd stage op. I only wish he could have been the surgeon on for the first two operations on my knee!

13th September 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal London Hospital

I found Dr Akhtar to be informative, caring and understanding of my particular issue. Giving me a very thorough diagnosis and explanation of my injury. I recommend his expertise to anyone.

1st September 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I've been very impressed by the friendly and professional approach which Kash takes with his patients. Following ACL repair two years previously, I suffered a meniscal tear this year and was suffering from a new range of symptoms. Kash was recommended to me by my previous surgeon. He was very quick to assess, refer to MRI and have me back in to discuss the options. His preliminary physical examination of the damage prior to the MRI scan was very accurate and the scan effectively confirmed his findings. While he proposed a range of treatment options and potential outcomes, we decided on surgery, which has effectively relieved the mechanical symptoms I was dealing with. Unfortunately, Kash also had to perform a series of microfractures, which, although we had discussed as a possibility prior to surgery and he had my full consent, was at the worse end of the range of outcomes he'd suggested as I had to be non weight bearing on crutches for 6 weeks. He provided good support post op and was very communicative, also very knowledgeable about local physiotherapy services. Having just been discharged from his care, I would not hesitate to recommend Kash to any patients with knee injuries.

25th August 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Kash was very accommodating and was able to see me urgently after a knee injury sustained over a weekend playing sport. Within 7 days I had my MRI results and a follow up consultation with Kash, which enabled me to recover extremely quickly (along with Physiotherapy). Kash gave me lots of confidence in my knee and as such recovery has been a lot more progressive than it otherwise would have been. Kash's approach is friendly and builds a strong rapport very quickly with his patients which helps to develop a strong relationship and trust which is so important.

23rd August 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I have had a number of knee injuries and surgeries which contributed to my latest injury, the first to be dealt with by Kash. He listened to my complicated history and wasn't overly fast to recommend surgery, which was a first. He outlined all of the options available to me which enabled me to make a fully informed decision. He explained the restrictions I would be under immediately following surgery and the reasons why, before contacting my Physio to explain what repair work had been carried out and how best to support me and my knee going forwards. I felt fully involved in the whole process and as a result I am much more confident in my knee and close to pain free.

Short link to review Mr Kash Akhtar: http://iwgc.net/egmt4