the-royal-london-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 89,297 reviews Write a review

The Royal London Hospital

Whitechapel Road, London, England, E1 1BB

13th December 2018

I attended Royal London Hospital today for a colposcopy and was seen by a Anna Panberry. I felt in good hands and i was nervous the procedure was carried out in a professional manner with no pain. Thank you Royal London for the great service you provide

26th November 2018

Wish to thank all members of the Dermatology dept for my on going care

13th November 2018

I was seen in outpatients with a mouth ulcer that wasnt responding to treatment. I saw two doctors, a McMillan Nurse, CT and MRI radiographers over a period of two weeks. I also had a tongue biopsy. I was diagnosed with an early stage tumour.which was very scary. The entire team at the London were really excellent. Professional and caring people, they helped me to understand and cope with my diagnosis. I can't thank the staff enough or praise them for their commitment to their patients.

9th November 2018

The home birth team have been incredibly supportive of my individual care path during the very late stage of my pregnancy. The antenatal care provided to me was excellent. Particularly the professional advice regarding the care path and birth plan that I wanted to follow. Without the guidanceI received from both the homebirth team and consultants at the RLH, I would not have had the positive birth outcome that I experienced. During the birth I was met with kindness, expertise, advice and care that felt very personal and individual. I believe this is in part due to the fact that they are a small, very dedicated team that build up a personal relationship with the women they're working with. The only point I would make to better the service would be to publish on the Barts website the correct timings for the Homebirth support group that meets once a month. Also perhaps (this might exist already) a print-out with a list of essential items to be ready at hand for a homebirth so that there's no running around trying to find them (!) To summarise, I am delighted with the quality and standard of care I received from the Homebirth team pre-, during and post birth.

9th November 2018

The nurse conducting initial assessment in Emergency Department (introduced herself as Grace) was not friendly, compassionate and approachable. She mentioned that a Dr will visit us "in a sec" and when I tried to get an update after waiting almost an hour, she was being very passive and palming me back into the cubicle and responded by stating, "You have only been here for an hour, the Dr is here and will be with you when he can". Additionally, there was no seating in the assessment room for the chaperone. The nurse was not approachable and compassionate and her customer service, appalling. She could've handled the situation better and been more compassionate and friendly,, as opposed to regarding 1 hour as acceptable waiting time without appreciating that an hour for the patient and their chaperone feels longer than an hour, especially when their standing in one place for the whole duration. It should be noted that the A&E was not busy at the time. The Nurses and Drs need to be approachable. It's scary and daunting to approach medical staff for an update as the smile from their face fades, from having a casual, non-work related conversation to when a paitient/chaperone approaches them for advice/update. It is unacceptable to see Nurses talking away whilst patients are waiting for updates. NHS staff openly advertise that they should be treated with respect, however they frequently treat patients and chaperones as second class citizens. Patients and their chaperones need to feel comfortable to approach staff and be kept informed of their treatment.

{{category}} working at The Royal London Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal London Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6au