the-royal-london-hospital

The Royal London Hospital

Whitechapel Road, London, England, E1 1BB

Rating not given.

14th September 2018

I came at 8.30 am and was given a time slot at 10.30am. Nobody called me by 1 pm so I went to the reception and I have been told that there has been a mixed up and someone will see me shortly. I was seen by the nurse within 10 minutes and she told me that the lady at the reception didn’t put me in the online system and I should make a complaint.

13th September 2018

The midwifes here go out of their way to make you comfortable and relaxed and provide the highest quality care. Thrilled to be able to come here for the birth of my first child.

10th September 2018

Great diet advice following low fodmap diet, the only issue was the time it took to a long time to get the appointment in the first place.

4th August 2018

I had minor surgery and elected local anasthetic. The wound needs to be packed daily. This dept do not offer patient aftercare - so have to go to a walk in centre tomorrow. Nhs 111 suggested homerton hospital. I would suggest Whitechapel needs to assess their patient after care services.

14th July 2018

I attended for an appointment at clinic3 at 2.30pm on 10 July. As I checked in I told the receptionist that I had a radiotherapy appointment at Barts at 4.45pm and I would have to leave at 4pm. As time went on I reminded another two receptionists/ nurses. One told me at 3.30 that my name was top of the list. Another nurse also said the same to another person waiting a long time. After 90 minutes of this chaos and misinformation I told them I had to leave for my appointment at Barts. They asked me what I wanted to do - which is an odd question given that the problem was of their own making. I then left for my appointment at Barts. I told the staff that they should not record this as ‘did not attend’ as I did. From the patient perspective it was the doctor who ‘did not attend’! I always attend appointments on time. I get a regular SMS reminder of the cost to the NHS of non attendance. What about the cost to the economy of patient waiting ridiculously lengthy times? The staff told me this clinic is always over-subscribed - why not focus on doing something about that, or at least tell patients that they can expect to wait 2-3 hours.

Nearest Hospitals