the-royal-london-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 89,282 reviews Write a review

The Royal London Hospital

Whitechapel Road, London, England, E1 1BB

13th June 2018

Overall the staff at the clinic were friendly and helpful. The letter I received however had very little information, only the date time and location. I had no indication of the length of procedure or clinic delays. I had a morning appointment and told work I would be back by afternoon however at the clinic they estimated an 8 hour wait and I had to cancel work. I was also not aware of how to prep I.e. no food or drink before or having an escort yet on the day they said this may mean the procedure is cancelled. I think more information prior to the day about what to expect would have solved a lot of this.

8th June 2018

Midwife in triage, doctors and nurses went out of their way to help me and treat me with kindness and respect. Waited a long time but didn’t mind as was kept up to date and received thorough checks and tests.

4th June 2018

Throughout my pregnancy the home birth team prioritised continuity of care and always ensured appointments were given sufficient time to answer any and all questions. During my labour and the birth itself, they were extremely positive and encouraging, and made every effort to follow my birth plan. When the situation changed and we elected to transfer to hospital, I felt in control of the decisions and fully supported by midwives who had grown to know me throughout my pregnancy. The handover to hospital staff was smooth and ensured that my hopes for the birth were carried through even after the homebirth team finished their shift. The home birth midwives also visited me in hospital during their next shift, which I really appreciated. So far, follow up appointments at home have been regular, reassuring and joined up with other local & NHS services. The homebirth team have always been compassionate, educated and keen to provide the best care throughout pregnancy, birth and the first few weeks after birth. I honestly believe that the opportunity to labour at home and have as natural a birth as possible, has meant that both me and my baby have enjoyed a very relaxed start. I cannot fault my experience and will have no hesitation in choosing to follow the same homebirth route for any further pregnancies.

25th May 2018

My daughter has had 2 operations here. On both occasions she has been looked after brilliantly and as a family we have been treated with the utmost respect. All the staff who have treated my daughter have been caring, compassionate and skilled in their trade. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hospital. Thank you Royal London x

22nd May 2018

The receptionist at the 1 pm was rude and started speaking in a different language (I’m guessing for me not to understand) was asking to be attended as soon as possible. Was concerned about my health but never was rude or anything. She told me the only thing available was at 6 and I decided to stay. I’m still here waiting after 2 hours