mr-james-carmichael

Mr James Carmichael

Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
10th August 2020

Mr Carmichael has operated on both of my feet to correct the bunions and related issues with the second toe. He spent time explaining the procedure following referral and although I was very nervous about having surgery, he inspired confidence and reassurance in a professional and understanding manner. There was next to no pain after the first operation and very neat scarring. I was so pleased with the result that I asked to have my other foot done and I am delighted to now have both feet so much improved. He was very attentive and thorough when following up after surgery and in follow up consultations.

3rd August 2020

Having been written off by other surgeons because they did not want to operate on my clubfoot, I finally found Mr C. not only did he want to help me, he never rushed me out of an appointment, he listened and above all showed empathy. If your lucky enough to have him as your consultant please know your in safe hands.

12th March 2020

Mr C was an absolute Godsend. He has actually changed my life and I cannot recommend him more. I met with him when I had been written off by other surgeons and I was in quite a sorry state. He went through the procedure he was going to do on me and was honest about the chances of success from the start. I feel he went above and beyond in everything and always took time to explain everything that was going on. His aftercare was fantastic too, I was in hospital for 5 days over the new year and he checked up on me regularly. If you need orthopedics then you would be blessed to get this chap.

9th March 2020

I was referred to Mr James Carmichael early 2017 due to an ankle injury obtained whilst at work. Immediately Mr Carmichael put me at ease with his knowledge and professionalism, but at the same time informing me that my injury was a serious one. Over the next nearly three years Mr Carmichael allowed for an initial period of conservative treatment before advising me surgery was the best option, followed by several months recovery and two further minor operations, all this time Mr Carmichael encouraged the use of physiotherapists and Podiatrists giving me every opportunity to make as good a recovery as possible. Obviously, this injury has dominated my life for so long, talking with friends the topic of sporting ailments and injuries comes up every now and then and as several friends have also been referred to Mr Carmichael for advice and or treatment for various lower limb ailments. In every case their experience is as positive as mine. It’s just a pity he could not turn the clock back and make us a bit younger, thank you Mr Carmichael and all your wonderful team.

6th March 2020

Mr. Carmichael was very patient with me as I have a nursery and could only have my foot operated on in the winter. We got there in the end. Mr Carmichael and his team explained everything that was going to be done during the operation and what was expected of me afterwards. The follow up after the six weeks was brilliant, had another xray on my foot and was told it was mending well. The bone from my hip that had to be pinned to the big toe is now actually knitting together. I'm really pleased I actually had the operation done and cannot recommend Mr Carmichael and his team enough.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery