mr-james-carmichael

Mr James Carmichael

Written by a private patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
7th April 2021

Three years ago Mr Charmichael operated on my foot to sort out a long standing achilles problem as well as haglunds deformity. It was done keyhole so the scarring was minimal, recovery quick and I was able to get back to running competitively at an elite level. When I then had the same set of problems on my other foot I had no hesitation in returning to Mr Carmichael for the same operation. Again, this was completely successful and I am now well on the road to recovery and running again. Mr Carmichael is an expert on achilles problems, he understands athletes and has given me lots of advice on my recovery and return to running post-op - ie offering care well beyond the immediate op itself. I really cannot recommend him highly enough.

Written by a private patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
27th February 2021

I've had bunions and worn orthotics to correct my gait for many years but the deformity in my left foot had progressed to the point that I had to stop a walking holiday last September. Mr. Carmichael corrected the misalignment and fused my mid-foot at the end of November. From the start he put me at ease and although he was open about the possible risks, I knew that I was in the best possible hands for my surgery. Before discharge from hospital and during follow up appointments he has continued to keep me informed about progress and plans for the next 'steps'. After 6 weeks in a cast I started weight-bearing in early January. Yesterday, 3 months post-op and with the sun shining, I took the dogs for a 6 mile walk and could easily have continued further. I couldn't be more grateful for Mr. Carmichael's incredible skill or fantastic patient care. Thankyou!

Written by a NHS patient at Peterborough City Hospital
7th February 2021

on the 7/08/2020 I smashed my ankle up very badly. I went to PCH where I was operated on By Mr James Carmichael. The next day Mr Carmichael came around the ward and explained very thoroughly what I had done and what he had done to fix it. he gave me a lot of confidence. Mr Carmichael made the transition to where I am now possible. I will be forever grateful for his bedside manner and experience. the NHS is very lucky to have you onboard. Kind Regards J Frith

Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
20th January 2021

Mr Carmichael inspired confidence immediately during my initial consultation in 2018. He is excellent at communicating and his positive approach is immensely reassuring. I have had three operations performed by Mr Carmichael on my ankle and his care pre-op and post-op was exceptional. He explained the procedures clearly, ensuring that I understood and I felt confident in his expertise. From his initial suspicion that my presenting symptoms stemmed from a rare condition to confirming the diagnosis and treating it, I have appreciated every aspect of his professional care.

Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
18th January 2021

From the initial consultation to being discharged I can only thank Mr Carmichael for such a positive experience. I received a clear explanation of what procedure was required, along with a realistic timeframe of what to expect during my recovery, being reviewed based on my individual needs. The final visual look of my foot after the procedure shows I was under the care of a talented surgeon.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery