Mr Chellappah Gnanachandran

22nd December 2020

Mr Gnanachandran listened to my concerns and outlined the possible routes for surgery together with the outcomes. Although I had to wait a long while for my operation I felt confident that every aspect of the procedure would be dealt with professionally and would have every confidence in recommending him to future patients.

25th November 2020

From the first moment with Mr Gnanachandran I felt completely at ease. I was made to feel comfortable during my first consultation. I was very happy with the surgery. The after care has also been very thorough. His care and professionalism made the whole experience positive for me. I would not hesitate to recommend him, know that you are in very good hands if you have an appointment with him.

23rd November 2020

Mr Gnanachandran is very professional and at the same time very approachable. He discussed options with me thoroughly and explained the pros and cons in order that I could make an informed decision. When an issue rose with the slot for surgery on the day when I was waiting to be called he made every effort to discuss options with the surgical teams and secured a time for surgery so that I was not let down.

Written by a patient at BMI Three Shires Hospital
22nd November 2020

I was treated with respect and felt at ease...genuine concern about discussing my procedure and ensuring I understood everything shone through. Wonderful bedside manner. And all in covid times...hero!

5th November 2020

Dr. Gnanachandran is a gynae doctor i will highly recommend to anyone, and if am to choose a doctor i will not hesitate in choosing him. I was refered to him by my Gp and he and his team did a grate job in attending to me. I was refered to him for a fibriod surgrey ,Dr. Gnana took his time to explain and give me the best option as per my condition. With his grate care,patience and knowledge my surgrey went on very smoothly with no complications . I will not for my constant emails to him and his secaretry,but all the same the were never rude as i keep on emailing them almost everyday. I will highly recommend them to anyone who needs a fibriod surgrey or any service of his responsiblities.Grate team i must confess.

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

Consultant Gynaecologist (MBBS, MRCOG, MSc ) Special interest: Gynaecology scan Hysteroscopy and laparoscopic surgeries including myomectomy (removal of fibroids) and laparoscopic hysterectomy. Mr Gnanachandran has special skills include scanning for uterine abnormality including TVS 3 d scan. Laparoscopic surgery for fibroids, endometriosis and total hysterectomy, ovarian cysts removals. Colposcopy- accredited for diagnosis and treatment. Gynaecology scan (2dTVS, TAS, TVS 3D, HyCoSy) Laparoscopic surgeries and hysteroscopic procedures. Gynaecology surgery for pelvic pain, fibroids, heavy menstrual bleeding, endometriomas, endometriosis, hysterectomy(laparoscopic/open)endometrial ablation and all hysteroscopic surgeries including ablations) Fertility surgery(eg: Myomectomy, resection of the congenital uterine septum), Suspected gynaecology cancer patients such as early endometrial cancer Early pregnancy scan and management of ectopic pregnancy and management of miscarriage. I do not provide obstetric care (late pregnancy care, ANC and delivery) termination of pregnancy, Urogynaecology (urinary incontinence and prolapses) Special interest: Scanning for an ovarian cyst, fibroids, uterine abnormality including TVS 3 d scan Endometrial assessment and treatment Fibroids Laparoscopic surgery. Surgery: Hysteroscopic, Laparoscopic and open for fibroids. Personal profile Mr Gnanachandran, Consultant Gynaecologist, Graduated from the University of Colombo in Sri Lanka (2002) NHS training programme in 2004. In 2005, he started obstetrics and gynaecology training, working in several hospitals throughout the West Midlands and Wales, completing training in multiple different aspects of gynaecology including ultrasound scan and laparoscopic surgery for patients with subfertility, endometriosis, fibroids and early gynaecology malignancies. In 2016 he was appointed as a consultant at Northampton General Hospital to develop fertility services and gynaecology rapid access care service provision. In his current post, he leads fertility, emergency gynaecology services and gynaecology rapid access care (suspected cancer 2ww pathway) dealing with patients suspected of having cancer. Whilst Mr Gnanachandran can treat a wide range of genealogical conditions, he specialises particularly in gynaecology scanning and has advanced skills in endometrial assessment and ovarian cyst pathology. His main interest is to help patients avoid unnecessary interventions and to allow them to access appropriate early surgery when needed.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists