Mr Clemens Von Widekind

Mr Clemens von Widekind MD, MRCOG Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist; Year qualified: 1989 Professional Memberships: • Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists • British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy • British Society Foetal and Maternal Medicine Clinical Interests: • General Gynaecology • Ultrasound • Minimal Invasive Surgery • Hysteroscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery • High Risk Obstetrics • Fetal Medicine Professional Profile Mr von Widekind trained at Krankenhaus Neukoelln in Berlin, Germany and The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Redditch, England. He wrote his doctoral thesis "Laparoscopic Management of Pelvic Abscess" in 1989 at the Freie University Berlin. His first employment as Consultant was at the Klinikum Leverkusen, a teaching hospital of Cologne University, Germany in 1998. He was appointed Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust on 1st October 2001. From 2001 - 2009 he was Lead for Risk Management in Obstetrics. In May 2009 he was appointed Clinical Director of the Directorate Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Subsequently from 2015 to 2017 he was Divisional Director for the Directorates for Oncology & Haematology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Cancer Services. He covers all aspects of General Gynaecology and especially advanced laparoscopic surgery. In obstetrics his special areas are High Risk and Twin Pregnancies. He has special interest in pelvic pain and problematic periods, as well as minimal invasive treatment strategies. He has introduced Laparoscopic Subtotal Hysterectomy to Northampton. He is shared Lead for Endometriosis. He teaches Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Gynaecological Ultrasound and Fetal Medicine.

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Three Shires Hospital

I had the pleasure of being seen by Mr Von Widekind on 4 occasions so far. Every time I was met with kindness, patience and professionalism. I have my trust in Mr Von Widekind and I'm relieved to be in good hands.

8th January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Three Shires Hospital

Dr Von Widekind provided me with the best possible care from day one. He has been informative,helpful and friendly during each one of our follow up appointments. He is professional and very experienced. Thanks to him my condition has improved and he gave me the extra motivation to improve my lifestyle with a healthy diet and exercise. I recommend him highly.

19th December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Three Shires Hospital

I had an internal scan which he made very awkward by giving little instruction on where I should be and when to get dressed again etc. He did not greet me or even really talk to me about why I was there or about my symptoms and was told to go away and come back in three months to see if the symptoms 'go away on their own'. After having the symptoms for years I highly doubted it. I was never given a chance to ask any questions or confirm what he had said as he spoke in to a dictaphone instead of to/with me which left me feeling confused. My appointments were rushed and I will be requesting a different consultant after my second appointment with this doctor.

15th May 2018
Response from Mr Clemens Von Widekind

Is this the same person? The language and them is the same as comment 12/11/2017. I was at the time Divisional Director at NGH with a responsibility for about 1000 health care professionals and was therefor obliged to take calls, when possible, So fare in 8 years of management people understood that I receive calls that are work related. I always dictate in the presence of the patient as this gives them transparency and the opportunity to listen to my summary of the consultation. There is very good evidence that shows that a ultrasound examination in itself is so reassuring that patients stop being in pain and that one can avoid surgery/laparoscopy. I do take pain seriously and therefor she was not discharged but given a follow-up appointment.

12th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Three Shires Hospital

Utterly disgusted by this consultants attitude and manner. Didnt so much as welcome me into the room, no acknowledgement. And when undertaking a very personal examination, he disappeared off to take a phonecall. Originally started off by saying he could operate and then changed his complete tune when I went back into his office. Although, please note at this point he wasnt actually talking to me directly, it was via his dictaphone; outrageous behaviour. I was left devastated by the whole encounter, and he wants me to return in 3 months - no way, not to be treated in such a manner again. Thoroughly upset by the whole experience, now waiting on a new referral.

24th June 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Three Shires Hospital

First meeting him, he commented on everyone turning up to their appointments on a busy day. read through my paperwork, no explanations or questions, rushed and attitude of couldnt be bothered. made a judgement that my issues must be due to my weight i am size 14-16 am overweight but have already lost over 2 stone recently. commented on my age and pregnancy better get my hands out of my pocket, and infertility treatment isnt available to BMI over 30. just by looking at me he judged me to be old, baren, and fat. all of which i am not. i was very shocked, upset, dissapointed. no compassion, no time. i am a person who is very active gym 3- 5 times a week for 2 hours, plays hockey, football is a nurse and am appalled i was made to feel awful about not having had a child by early 30's, being a good build tferefore is all fat, and being fat i must have a fat related illness and therefore will be infertile. i hope that he is proven wrong and i have what the GP believes i have. after 5-10 mins of nothing have to come back in another 6 weeks and actually have some real investigation not judgmental ideas.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists