Northampton General Hospital

Billing Road, Northampton, NN1 5BD

24th December 2019

I was recently admitted to Northampton General with a case of Cellulitis. The care that I received from start to finish was second to none. A and E was busy the receptionist saw how ill I was and sent me straight round to Ambulatory Care . Kirsty saw how poorly I was and I was quickly seen and blood tests were conducted as I was severely dehydrated I was given saline, bloods were taken and pain meds given. I couldn’t stop being sick as they couldn’t do enough for me. They decided to admit me as I deteriorated while in the dept. Within a couple of hours I was on Rowan Ward, the staff were fantastic explaining what was going on and making me feel involved in my care. The staff working that evening were Emily. Beth and Blessing I am not a good patient with needles etc and they reassured me every step of the way. I took a turn for the worst in the night so I was moved up the ward due to my needs. I spent another 10 days in Hospital and was then given a course of IV antibiotics daily at Ambulatory care. I feel so lucky to have the support of the drs and nurses & health care assistants on Ambulatory care and Rowan Ward. The NHS is something we should be proud of and embrace great care, and very dedicated staff. Thank you to everyone who has got me home for Christmas I can’t thank you enough.

15th November 2019

The staff do an excellent job, remaining compassionate and caring whilst carrying out expert nursing duties. They keep your dignity intact, treat you with a respect and listen to your concerns and worries. They go above and beyond, even when they are stretched and up against the clock.

4th November 2019

Fantastic staff.

1st September 2019

Myself and my partner had to attend A and E yesterday (Saturday afternoon) after he had an accident resulting in a deep cut to his leg. We were seen by an emergency practitioner (I think named Nic) who was absolutely fantastic, she made us feel at ease and made an effort to get to know us and share a joke. My partner was given stitches and we were home within 3 hours, yes the waiting times in A and E are longer than anyone would hope for but the quality of care we received made us really grateful for the NHS. The experience was made a much more positive one thanks to the member of staff who cared for him.

17th August 2019

I write with so much sadness, as the place I'm sitting, I don't feel safe. I've been detained under Section 2 for 28 days under the Mental Health Act 1983 which was revised in 2005. At this point I won't be able to visit the Northampton General hospital again. Hence I would like to go back to my country, Ghana. I don't feel safe in England, at all.

12th June 2019

Sadly, my mother had two stays in Northampton General prior to her death in April 2019. Both experiences were pretty dreadful. Where she was seen by a consultant for a specific condition, then the treatment was good but sadly there does not seem to be an overall view of the patient's condition. The first time Mum was discharged, it is now clear that she had already developed blood clots on her lungs which were not diagnosed. Her second admission was only about two weeks after her first discharge. The wards are noisy with the beds close together. The worst experience was on the Walter Tull Ward - supposedly one of the newest and best - you never saw the same consultant or nursing staff twice . They are all just working off notes and not relating to the patient. You wouldn't put a dog through what my mother went through. When it was clear to the family that my mother had an incurable disease, was distressed and asking to die, we had to work extremely hard to get her out of hospital. I shudder to think what you would go through if you had no family or friends to fight for you. It is not necessarily the fault of individual staff - it is a machine, a factory. Thank goodness, we got Mum home to die in peace. Her experience was simply dreadful.

26th April 2019

In February I had an appointment with the gynaecology department, where I was informed that surgery was required and I was placed on the waiting list. In the interim I was informed that I needed to make an appointment for a 3D gynaecological scan and was prescribed medication that I am required to take repeatedly prior to my surgery, however only prescribed enough at the time to last a month. I telephoned the number given to me at the time to book the scan, and was informed that I needed to book it through the consultant's PA. I telephoned her and left a message - no reply. I tried again - still no reply! I continued leaving messages as by this point I had now also run out of my prescription medication, but STILL no reply! I then tried emailing her - STILL no response! I then tried calling her again, and her number had been disconnected! I tried the main gynaecology number again and was hold for 25 minutes having been informed that I was number one in the queue. In the end I had to hang up. I keep receiving letters from the department informing me that I need to book in for this scan...I KNOW! I'M TRYING!!!! Save your paper and the environment and please just respond to my voicemails and emails and allow me to.

{{category}} working at Northampton General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Northampton General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4na