Northampton General Hospital

Billing Road, Northampton, NN1 5BD

21st January 2019

My son was admitted to Disney as a day patient; as a 16 year old being placed in a 5 bedded side room (only big enough really for 4 beds) with babies and very young children immediately compromised his privacy and dignity (the young children running around and coming behind his curtain!). Post operation we were left for a long time, the nurse tried to give my son extra medication after only just having a dose (when he wasn’t in pain and was very comfortable!). The ward wasn’t very clean and it was boiling hot. No discharge papers given and although my sons wound had started to swell and he was seen by a junior doctor - no next steps discussed. We were back in a and e 72 hours later the swelling was a wound infection- which took 2 courses of antibiotics to treat. Our GP became concerned and asked the consultant for support - he never responded! I called his secretary but unfortunately she wasnt very pleasant. GP communicated again with the consultant but again we had no feedback! Thank goodness for our GP who was brilliant!

8th December 2018

Spencer Ward and it's staff provided a positive and friendly experience. Even after surgery, theatre staff popped by to say hello.

4th December 2018

Staff is caring and friendly

13th November 2018

It took 45 minutes to find a parking space and 4.5mins to been seen by X-ray (once I had walked the entire length of the hospital grounds and back)!

5th September 2018

Really disappointed with the way my 89 year old mother was made to wait over 5 hours for an X-ray. She was brought in by paramedics and I joined her within 10 minutes, she has Parkinson’s Disease and dementia and had suffered a fall resulting in a suspected broken hip. I enquired several times as to why she was not referred for an X-ray but was told “we are busy”. I was later informed they had forgotten to refer her, an oversight. This resulted in my mother having to have a bed overnight. She was very restless and totally disoriented but the entire experience. Something that should have been dealt with very simply turned into a very bad experience for an elderly lady.

{{category}} working at Northampton General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Northampton General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4na