Prof Richard Schilling

Specialist in heart rhythm management.

• Cardiology

11th December 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

As a patient who sometimes finds interacting with the medical profession difficult - I can wholeheartedly recommend consulting Prof Schilling. He seemed to innately understand the level at which to pitch his explanation of my condition and the efficacy of the intervention options. He achieved the right balance between the information I needed to be given and the facts and risks that I wanted to be told. When it came to the treatment his expertise was obvious, he instils great confidence and you are made fully aware of why he is at the top of his profession. In a world where cutting edge medical treatments are increasingly being delivered by super specialists - Prof Schilling is your definitive super specialist.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Prof Schilling has a remarkable combination of medical expertise, technical skill and a warmth and humanity which gave me complete trust in him. Potential benefits and possible risks were explained, and I was given time to make my own decision between treatment options. It was an amazing experience to feel safe and cared for whilst facing a frightening uncertainty. Prof Schilling's kindness and professional expertise are reflected in all the members of his team. Clearly, he sets himself the highest possible standards which reflect his world-wide reputation as a leader in his field. I felt confident that whatever the outcome, I would receive the best possible treatment. And now, following a successful AF ablation, I am back to the fitness I enjoyed previously. It seems impossible adequately to express my gratitude to Prof Schilling.

1st November 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Prof. Schilling is very understanding, shows empathy, a straightforward talker, and is plainly hugely experienced and knowledgeable in his field. He explained to be why I should not be dominated by my condition, how to deal with it on a day-to-day basis, and always put the prospect of an operation as a last resort. My consultations with were as much cognitive therapy as instructional and I am very grateful to Prof. Schilling for giving me the confidence to just get on with my life, and to explain what action to take if there is any escalation in its symptoms.

21st October 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Possibly the very best cardiologist there is.

20th September 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I was treated so well by Prof Schilling. I have nothing but praise for him, he listened and has fixed my heart, and I now feel so well. All the staff I met at London Bridge hospital were very efficient, kind and caring. Couldn't have been looked after better. Prof Schilling is very professional, but also warm, kind and caring also. Hopefully I will be scuba diving next year, all thanks to this man. Would highly recommended him and the hospital.

Nearest Cardiologists