Dr Niall Keenan

Cardiologist specialising in cardiac imaging (cardiac MRI, cardiac CT, echo, stress echo, TOE), as well as heart failure, valvular heart disease, and general cardiology.

• Cardiology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

1st July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I am 55 years old. I recently experienced a strange sensation in my heart whilst exercising and this sensation continued even at rest. I didn't feel right for a number of weeks and was concerned. I did my research and chose Dr Keenan not simply because he is a cardiologist but because of what he specialises in within cardiology. He also advised on his web page that he is very open and communicative with his patients. I arranged to see him and was put at ease immediately. He listened completely until I stopped talking and then he asked questions, allowing me all the time I needed to answer. He went into my family history, everything. He then explained what tests needed to be done and exactly what they were. When I went back to see him for the results, he really went into great detail, even showing me the results on his laptop. I saw everything. He explained those results in detail and made it crystal clear that he was satisfied with them and that I could carry on as normal. He made some suggestions as to how I could lower my cholesterol and bmi as well. All in all, I am really happy I chose him. I hope I never have to see him again, however if I did, I would do so with complete confidence that I would be in very safe hands. I highly recommend this man.

21st April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

Met Dr Keenan for the first time last week and I was impressed with his attitude and courtesy. He gave me a thorough update on my condition (aortic stenosis) and explained the ways forward. AFTER we has finished discussing various points he then asked my permission to dictate his notes in my presence so I could confirm the details. The four stars for 'trust' simply reflect my initial reaction to all Doctors - trust has to be earned!

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists