Dr Andrew Barlow

• Chest Medicine
  • Internal (General) Medicine

31st January 2017
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I was referred to Dr Barlow with a shadow on my lung. He arranged a CT scan and provided me with the results within an hour. He was understanding and reassuring at what was a stressful time for my wife and I. He also arranged for a bronchoscopy and explained what this entailed. His experience, compassion, sense of humour and empathy were exceptional. We are so grateful for the care I received by Dr Barlow and his team at Watford General Hospital.

5th October 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I have recently been cared for at Watford as a in-patient and out patient by Dr Barlow and his team including Dr Knight. At all times I have been totally satisfied with the treatment and care I have received. Everyone has been very professional and provided good clarity on my situation and possible outcomes. In addition given the astonishing and in my view unrealistic demands placed on the Doctors and their colleagues the timing and responsiveness for my situation and treatment required has been absolutely excellent. Yes occasionally the waiting times could be frustrating but this is not due to any weaknesses regarding the doctors and their colleagues but the situation and infrastructure they are forced to work within. In summary the attention, care and treatment I have received from Dr Barlow and his team have been excellent, and they have provided great reassurance to myself and my family and are absolutely a credit to Watford hospital and the NHS.

21st June 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I was extremely impressed by Mr Barlow. He took the time to listen to my concerns. He was thorough and asked careful questions to ensure that he was fully informed as to my symptoms. He took care to reassure me at a time when I was feeling rather anxious and explained what would be happening next and why. Mr Barlow has that personal touch that means so much when patients are concerned about what the future may hold for them.

22nd May 2016
Written by a carer at Watford General Hospital

For the past five months my Mother, who is terminally ill, has been under the care of Dr Barlow. Under these circumstances Dr Barlow is "a ray of sunshine". The professionalism, humanity, compassion and care she is receiving from him is wonderful. Both my Mother and I are extremely grateful to have him as her consultant. His consultations are thorough and he gives clear answers but it's his care, kindness and empathy that really shines through. Thank you so much.

5th May 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

After suffering a possible recurrence of a previous problem Dr Barlow went out of his way to see me as soon as he could. He is always very thorough and his whole approach is thoughtful and caring. I trust him completely, and I feel very fortunate to be in his care. I cannot think of any suggestions for improvement. Many thanks Dr Barlow!

Nearest Chest medicine specialists