Dr Andrew Barlow

• Chest Medicine
  • Internal (General) Medicine

5th October 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I have recently been cared for at Watford as a in-patient and out patient by Dr Barlow and his team including Dr Knight. At all times I have been totally satisfied with the treatment and care I have received. Everyone has been very professional and provided good clarity on my situation and possible outcomes. In addition given the astonishing and in my view unrealistic demands placed on the Doctors and their colleagues the timing and responsiveness for my situation and treatment required has been absolutely excellent. Yes occasionally the waiting times could be frustrating but this is not due to any weaknesses regarding the doctors and their colleagues but the situation and infrastructure they are forced to work within. In summary the attention, care and treatment I have received from Dr Barlow and his team have been excellent, and they have provided great reassurance to myself and my family and are absolutely a credit to Watford hospital and the NHS.

21st June 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I was extremely impressed by Mr Barlow. He took the time to listen to my concerns. He was thorough and asked careful questions to ensure that he was fully informed as to my symptoms. He took care to reassure me at a time when I was feeling rather anxious and explained what would be happening next and why. Mr Barlow has that personal touch that means so much when patients are concerned about what the future may hold for them.

22nd May 2016
Written by a carer at Watford General Hospital

For the past five months my Mother, who is terminally ill, has been under the care of Dr Barlow. Under these circumstances Dr Barlow is "a ray of sunshine". The professionalism, humanity, compassion and care she is receiving from him is wonderful. Both my Mother and I are extremely grateful to have him as her consultant. His consultations are thorough and he gives clear answers but it's his care, kindness and empathy that really shines through. Thank you so much.

5th May 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

After suffering a possible recurrence of a previous problem Dr Barlow went out of his way to see me as soon as he could. He is always very thorough and his whole approach is thoughtful and caring. I trust him completely, and I feel very fortunate to be in his care. I cannot think of any suggestions for improvement. Many thanks Dr Barlow!

28th April 2016
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Last Thursday morning i had a Bronchoscopy done by Dr Barlon , he explained everything that was going to happen to me what test they were going to do and put my mind at ease before having this done , he was very nice and caring and afterwards he came and spoke to me and told me what was wrong with me i felt very confident in his hands . I could hear everything that the team where saying while under the sedation but it didn't bother me at all and as for the music Dr Barlon it wasn't as bad as you were saying hehe yes i heard that too. But Thank you for the great care from yourself and your team what i had done wasn't pleasant but it needed doing as we all needed to find out what it was and thank goodness it wasn't cancer , the only thing i would say is if at all possible perhaps after you have told a patient what is wrong with them you could give them a leaflet just to briefly explain what it is you have as in my case i had never heard of sarcoid and had to look it up on website but for those people who don't have access to the internet i think this would be helpful . Many thanks again kind regards Katharine Clark

Nearest Chest medicine specialists