dr-michael-pellen

Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital
4th October 2020

I am on day 3 after my operation on my lap band reconstruction which was done by Mr Pellen a first class surgeon who made me feel at ease from our first meeting. He spent time to explain everything he had done to my band. I have got every faith in Mr Pellen and this lap band working so if any one out there is thinking of getting weight loss surgery, Mr Pellen is the man to go see. He is such a talented gentleman and i cannot thank him enough for giving me a second chance with my band. Regards Chris Warrington

24th September 2020

I was puzzled after my hernia op. What happened to the pain? This was a double laparoscopic hernia repair, including one side that turned out to be more taxing than anticipated, so there should at least have been some moderate suffering over the first few days. I waited for it, I looked for it, but it never came. After leaving the hospital armed with the usual opioids, I took two paracetamol, ignored the codeine, and that was it. Nothing was hurting - not even a tiny bit. It seemed almost impossible, and certainly improbable, that the body could undergo cutting and exploring and suturing to that extent and yet leave no legacy of discomfort. But that may be a mark of the skill and finesse with which this gifted and highly experienced surgeon plies his craft (although, as Mr Pellen himself points out, not all procedures can be guaranteed to hurt as little as mine). Subsequent examination has confirmed that the surgery was completely successful and I am very happy with the outcome. Others have spoken of Mr Pellen’s patience in answering questions (and I had plenty), gently allaying unwarranted fears and inspiring well-merited trust. I wholly endorse all those views. For any surgery within Mr Pellen’s purview that I might require in the future, I would unhesitatingly entrust my care to him and I recommend him without reservation. My heartfelt thanks to him and his team for taking such good care of me!

2nd August 2020

My experience of treatment with Mr Pellen and his colleagues and all other staff at Spire Hospital, Hull was excellent in every way. Everyone was professional and courteous in every aspect of my experience at Spire, e.g. phone calls, advice and follow-up information. Would highly recommend their care of patients.

14th February 2020

Mr Pellen performed a Heller's Cardiomyotomy with Dor Fundoplication to treat my type 2 Achalasia. I have an oesophagus with very intermittent motility and my stomach wouldn't open properly to pass food. I vomited every meal and was losing weight rapidly. I had my surgery six weeks ago. I haven't vomited once. I have had no pain and it has been such a joy to be able to eat again. I'm looking forward to being able to put weight on and get back to full fitness. Mr Pellen was brilliant with me. He took time to explain the procedure and seems to have done an excellent job. I couldn't be more thankful.

12th February 2020

Mr Pellen is an absolutely incredible surgeon with the most wonderful bedside manner. His whole team couldn't have been more lovely and helpful throughout the whole process, with no question too small or silly to ask. I had a laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair and this is the first time I have had key hole surgery. Mr Pellen was excellent at the initial consultation and explained everything in a manor that I could understand. On the day of the procedure he came to see me to talk through any last minute concerns I may have and reassure me that everything will be fine. Once the procedure was over he came back again to check I was comfortable and let me know that everything went well and also what I should expect during my recovery. A very professional experience from start to finish and can't recommend enough.

Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Bariatric and General Surgeon (East Yorkshire, United Kingdom) Areas of Specialist Interest: Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery Gallbladder and all types of hernia surgery Anti-reflux surgery Weight loss (bariatric) surgery

Short link to review Mr Michael Pellen: http://iwgc.net/ecpy9