Dr David Fox

Dr David Fox is a highly experienced cardiologist/electrophysiologist in Manchester and has been a consultant for over 8 years. He spent a period of his training at one of the worlds premier heart rhythm institutes (University of Western Ontario, Canada) working with pioneering cardiologist Professor George J Klein, the author of over 500 medical publications. Dr Fox specialises in the treatment of all heart rhythm disorders and carries out over 220 ablation procedures annually and has a particular interest in atrial fibrillation ablation (pulmonary vein isolation). He also is fully trained in all aspects of pacemaker/ICD implantation. He is the lead for cardiac rhythm services at Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester and runs the annual audit program to ensure high levels safety and quality in the atrial fibrillation ablation program.

Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Dr Fox is a very caring Dr. and upon meeting him for the first time in out patient he helped to ease my concerns I had about my heart problem. Dr. Fox explained about my condition and the procedure which he and his team would perform to hopefully cease my rapid heart beats. He was clear in his descriptions and answered my questions very clearly. On the day of the procedure, Dr Fox and his team explained what and why they were doing certain things as they successfully carried out the operation. Upon seeing Dr fox on my three month check-up, he was very happy with the outcome and assured me everything had gone to plan and I was discharged from his clinic. A lovely bonus as well, tablet free

Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Everything was explained in great detail before, during and after the procedure and I felt totally at ease and felt an instant trust in Dr Fox's ability. After quite a long time suffering with AF I cannot believe how well I now feel. The follow up appointments were very positive and I really felt he was listening when I asked questions.

Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

From the very first meeting David Fox instilled me with confidence. He had thoroughly read my notes and knew exactly what was wrong with me and how it could be put right. This was just what I wanted to hear. On the day of the operation David took the time to reassure me before and after the surgery and also before being discharged. Once again he explained everything in full, in a way I understood, and I knew I was in the presence of the best. Thanks must also go to Clare, his PA for her understanding and to Operation Suite 5 and the ward nurses for their kindness. I couldn't have wished to be in better hands than David Fox and his team.

Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I don't believe that the care I received could in fact have been improved. I was looked after in the best way I could ever have wished for.

7th August 2017
Response from Dr David Fox

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted that you were satisfied with the treatment/care that you received. David Fox

Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Dr Fox takes the time to explain procedures, to ask questions and to listen to my answers. By doing this he has built up in me a great sense of confidence in him. My ablation appears to have worked well, and whilst I was in hospital he came to see me to check how I was getting on. Dr Fox also apologised for the delay in my follow-up appointment, which wasn't his fault. I have already spoken very highly of him to my friends and, whilst I hope they don't need his services, I'd be happy to recommend him if they did.

28th July 2017
Response from Dr David Fox

Many thanks for the very positive review. I am glad that the ablation has worked well for you. I am sorry about the delay in getting a NHS follow up appointment, this is due to the high demand on the service that we are currently experiencing. I am however delighted that you would recommend my services to friends/colleagues! Best Wishes David Fox

Nearest Cardiologists