Dr David Fox

Dr David Fox is a highly experienced cardiologist/electrophysiologist in Manchester and has been a consultant for over 8 years. He spent a period of his training at one of the worlds premier heart rhythm institutes (University of Western Ontario, Canada) working with pioneering cardiologist Professor George J Klein, the author of over 500 medical publications. Dr Fox specialises in the treatment of all heart rhythm disorders and carries out over 220 ablation procedures annually and has a particular interest in atrial fibrillation ablation (pulmonary vein isolation). He also is fully trained in all aspects of pacemaker/ICD implantation. He is the lead for cardiac rhythm services at Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester and runs the annual audit program to ensure high levels safety and quality in the atrial fibrillation ablation program.

4th December 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Doctor Fox was excellent with my treatment of an ablation for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. He explained everything to expansively and coherently so I knew exactly what was going on at all times. It is now nearly two years since my ablation and I haven’t had an issues since - something which I can’t thank Dr Fox and his team enough for.

30th November 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I had an ablation procedure at Wythenshawe hospital carried out by Dr Fox and his team. From the consultation right through to the day itself I was kept fully informed on what, why and how things were going to happen. Whilst explaining the procedure Dr Fox exudes confidence and you just know that if anyone can sort out your problem, he can! Even after carefully going through what can go wrong, I went into surgery totally relaxed, so much so that one team member even quipped that I probably didn't need sedation. I was quick to put him right on that ;-) That seems to be how they work. Keep it light but oh so professional! My problem turned out to be particularly tricky to locate and I could hear Dr Fox and his team gradually focus in on the area. After a feeling of warmth in my chest (nothing more) I could feel the arrhythmia had gone, instantly! It was some time later that I realised I wasn't short of breath anymore either. I still have to have post procedure checks of course but, so far, so very good! Thank you Dr Fox, I have my life back again and feel great!

28th November 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Down earth but didn't try to confuse me with jargon

27th November 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

After less than a 6 month wait, which was fantastic, I went into Wythenshawe Hospital for an Ablation (Pulmonary Vein Isolation). I was very impressed by the caring and professional attitude of the doctors and staff. Pre op went well and the op, four days later, went brilliantly. I was kept fully informed of the procedure before, during and after the op. Even though I have to wait around three months before knowing if the op was successful, I feel fully confident in the consultant and their lovely staff, Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who offered support continuously. Thank you so much.

27th November 2017
Response from Dr David Fox

Thank you for your kind feedback, I will pass it on to the rest of the team. David Fox

19th November 2017
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I attended Wythenshawe Hospital for an ablation procedure on 17th march. I was treated by Dr fox who I have got to say was the ultimate professional. He calmly talked me through the process prior to the procedure answering all my questions and again in the theatre. He instilled total confidence and trust which made me calm and confident. His style has rubbed off onto the entire team which made what I thought was going to be a traumatic experience actually enjoyable. Many thanks to the entire team for helping to give me my life back. I am now looking forward to an active life once again. Heaven forbid my AF returns I will have confidence that I am with the right team.

Nearest Cardiologists