dr-chetan-narshi

Written by a private patient at The Chiltern Hospital
4th October 2022

Dr Narshi Was in my opinion a bit quick to shrug off my symptoms While I had a positive ANA test which he felt was not significant at a mark of 80 he also did not explain why that is the case The fact is it was a positive ANA result I do have quite a few of the symptoms associated with lupus and have for a few years I do not have all of them but the ones I do have have got worse recently I also was totally confused by his comment of “ some people who have had cancer can get a positive result of ANA Why ? He could not explain this to me or did I feel reassured If I’m clear of cancer why should my result be different to anyone else who has not had cancer That in itself was not answered or did I feel reassured I felt deflated after seeing this dr narshi I have respect for all drs and nurses and that’s a fact, but sone are to easy to dismiss symptoms that affect our lives every day which have an impact on daily life quite severely But because they may not be life threatening or surgical needs required they are to easy to dismiss I’ve been on a journey since 2021 seeing 3-4 specialists and nobody has an answer but also one previous consultant said “ he feels I need a diagnosis because limbo is not really an answer Which is true I relayed this to dr narshi but got no response I’m sure maybe if you have severe symptoms within dr narshi field he maybe a different dr But for me I’ve just been advised by him to go back to a neurologist which I’ve already done 3 months ago and that dr sent me to dr narshi s specialist field Yet now I’m back to a neurologist , so I hope anyone can understand my frustration I have a team in London who over see the rare cancer I had 12 years ago Which I also may add was not diagnosed until it was almost life threatening and to late I had 3.4 of my lung removed This was Despite my numerous appointments that were not followed up by medical people at that time 12 years ago so I will always have that experience close to mind even though it had nothing to do with dr narshi So I have first hand experience of knowing when something is not right which is the case now and how I feel So I will ask my team at the royal free there opinion as I believe they are far more eager to find out a reason and diagnosis and I trust there views and empathy in getting an answer

6th October 2022
Response from Dr Chetan Narshi

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry you have not had a positive experience. I was unable to find a rheumatological diagnosis for your symptoms. You have seen a number of specialist who have been able to get to the bottom of your symptoms and I understand this is distressing for you. I do hope you get a diagnosis soon with your upcoming neurology review.

Dr Chetan Narshi is head of Rheumatology at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust with a special interest in inflammatory arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis), gout, osteoporosis and connective tissue disease.

COVID update

I am currently conducting telephone clinics with a view to arranging investigations and face to face consulation only when necessary, in order to minimise the footfall in the hospital and with your safety in mind.

Training and Appointment

He commenced his medical training at the University of Cambridge, where he is a Hooper scholar at Emmanuel College, obtaining a post-graduate Master’s degree in Pathology. His medical training was completed at the Royal Free and University College Medical School, London. After passing the postgraduate Royal College of Physicians examination, Dr Narshi underwent Higher Specialist Training as a Specialist Registrar in Rheumatology and General Medicine in North Thames Deanery in London.

As a locum Consultant Rheumatologist, he has led a tertiary centre early arthritis service at Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust, before being appointed at Bucks HealthCare NHS Trust

Current Practice

Dr Narshi runs NHS clinics at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Wycombe Hospital, Amersham Hospital and Marlow Cottage Hospital, encompassing all aspects of rheumatology. He is also the rheumatology clinical lead and previously held the positions of departmental clinical governance and audit lead.

Achievements

Dr Narshi plays an active role in both undergraduate and postgraduate medical education at Bucks Healthcare NHS Trust and is previously Foundation Training Programme Director at the Oxford Deanery.

He has recently been appointed Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at University of Buckingham Medical School.

Dr Narshi has presented papers at national and international meetings and published articles in numerous peer-reviewed Rheumatology and general medical journals.

Outside of work, he enjoys a wide variety of activities including travel, photography and music.

Doctors working at Marlow Community Hospital