Dr Emily Johns

19th September 2019

I saw Dr Johns for the first time this morning. She was very caring, listened and asked lots of questions, I felt she gave me plenty of time to go through a recent procedure and I was given time to ask questions. Dr Johns provided further follow-up procedures to ensure everything possible that could be investigated, should be, without me having to ask what's next. Dr Johns is very efficient and she explains her feedback in very easy to understand terminology. I have Crohn's Disease, but I went with another GI problem I have had for a few months. Dr Johns was able to confirm they would treat the current issue separately from Crohn's, making the procedures in the near future more relevant to the current problem I've been experiencing. Dr Johns takes time to ensure you have all the information required before you leave. I have had a very positive experience today with Dr Johns, I very much appreciate her dedication to my recent GI problems as well as looking further into previous (Crohns) condition. A very big thank you to Dr Johns.

3rd November 2017

I spent a week in Stoke Mandeville hospital following a gastric bleed which also identified cardiac issues. Dr. Johns was the epitome of a Healthcare professional. Natural empathy, asks targeted and relevant questions, actively listens, totally understanding of payients' discomfort and speaks to people in an adult-to-adult way but also in a way that makes the complex simple. She also demonstrates appropriate assertiveness by exercising her specialist knowledge and expertise to find solutions. She also excels in providing options rather than just imposing pre-made decisions. Anyone coming under the care of Dr. Johns will receive the best possible care.

Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital
30th October 2016

Elected not to have pain reducing medication during colonosopy. The procedure was quite manageable despite this thanks to Dr Emily Johns.

21st August 2016

Had an endoscopy at Stoke Mandeville and was impressed by the personal attention paid to me and the explanations given by Dr Johns, including a run-through of the results. Not a very pleasant procedure but she did it with care as did the attendant nursing staff; from my experience private treatment could not have been better

• Internal (General) Medicine