wycombe-hospital

Wycombe Hospital

Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, HP11 2TT

25th November 2020

I have experience of Wycombe Hospital as an outpatient, surgical patient and in recovery. In experiencing the Hospital as the first two, I have absolutely no complaints and the care was fantastic. In recovery in Ward 12A, I must thank the wonderful nurses who cared for me so well - they were really lovely people, caring, efficient, kind and knew what they were doing. The HCAs were a mixed bunch... My only negative feedback is not the nurses' fault at all, but comes from the burden placed on the team when they have a patient with a lot of needs, for example, dementia, which results in staff being focused on caring for, or managing the behaviour of, one person when they have other duties to attend to. This meant that sometimes other patients were waiting a long time to be looked after, but, more importantly, it put a lot of additional stress on the nurses themselves. I am not sure what can be done about this when budgets are limited, and I am sure management is aware of this issue, but I thought I would mention it as an observation. Apart from that, I feel so lucky to have been cared for by such a lovely team and I want to let them know what a positive difference their care and expertise made to my experience after major surgery - and my first long stay in hospital ever!

23rd November 2020

I was admitted for scheduled surgery in October 2020, anticipating a short stay on the ward to recover. My recovery necessitated a stay in ITU for several days followed by a few days on the ward prior to discharge. I cannot praise highly enough the care I received from all the staff involved from ITU to the ward staff. The level of expertise was incredible as was the patience and compassion shown to me. This was a very stressful time for me as a patient, as well as for the staff having to work within the Covid 19 restrictions to keep everyone safe. Importantly, the staff maintained their professionalism as well as their sense of humour. In short, I would not be alive today to write this review had it not been for the expertise of my surgeons during my initial and subsequent surgeries, the staff in ITU and the ward staff. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

22nd October 2020

Last Monday I was seen by Mr S K Fard Ahmed for my routine appointment following surgery a year ago. I was very nervous but Mr Ahmed soon put my mind at rest the moment I walked in there. He explained everything in detail and has such good bedside manners. He has so much time and I didn't feel rushed at all.

24th September 2020

The parking was a nightmare for a first-time outpatient visit.

18th February 2020

The staff were very caring and professional at all times nothing was too much for them they were also kind and compassionate to patients needs. It would have been nice to see a physio who could have explained the exercises to help recovery as the poor nurses had so much to do. It would have been more helpful although the leaflet was ok

12th February 2020

The treatment I have received for breast and lymph cancer at Wycombe General has been fantastic. All staff have been so kind and considerate. The one thing that concerned my family and I was the time taken from my visit to my GP with a lump to having a mammogram and then from diagnosis a week later to the start of chemo - in all 11 weeks, with the fear of the cancer spreading. Once I was "on the list" things went according to plan.

10th February 2020

Dr Chakraborti & Nurse Jenny Wren have been truly professional and their treatment of me has been very thorough and indeed has given me confidence in knowing what I am going through and realising my potential! Truly patients need support and this I receive every time I have met with them and the treatment has been amended to suit me! Thank you for your support and guidance in making my life liveable, Lynn

7th February 2020

we had a long today but was kept informed

1st February 2020

Once inside Wycombe hospital and Breast Unit the treatment I received was excellent from everyone. Friendly and efficient. But please sort out the parking information! I spent ages trying to decide if I had to pay because the barriers were up and no one had tickets on their windscreens but there was not information on the machines out in the car park. On my way to Reception I found another machine which said that the first 30 mins were free. I asked a very friendly volunteer in Main Reception about paying and he told me that the parking system wasn't working. The threat of getting a £60 parking ticket on top of having to have a cancer screening adds quite avoidable stress. If the system isn't working either put up signs or put covers over the machines.

{{category}} working at Wycombe Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wycombe Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ig