Wycombe Hospital

Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, HP11 2TT

5th September 2018

Upon arrival at Wycombe hospital for the first time, I wasn't sure where to go and didn't really have time to look at signage as other traffic and ambulances were also entering the hospital. I took a hasty left turn and ended up doing a tour right around the hospital before finally arriving in the visitor car park. Note to self if I come here again to go straight ahead and bear right. I was relieved to see that I didn't need to pay for parking in advance as I had no idea how long I would be and also given the parking charges, glad that credit cards were accepted. Getting to the breast clinic from the car park was an orienteering challenge in itself. One that is not possible without asking for directions from the hospital staff. Eventually, upon arrival, I found the clinic to be an oasis of calm and professionalism. It's modern, fresh and you are greeted by lovely receptionists who inform you about what you need to do. Within 10 mins of arrival I'd had my mammogram, swiftly followed by an ultrasound. There was then a rather lengthy and worrisome wait to see the Doctor to get my results. I was glad to have my results on the day as everything turned out to be normal and no need for onward treatment. Overall, the staff at the Wycombe Breast Clinic are friendly, professional and uber organised. The equipment is modern and you feel that you are being offered the best service all available on our NHS

31st July 2018

Caring compassionate staff who deal with everything on a very individual down to earth way

14th May 2018

All staff, included in my treatment at Wycombe Hospital on numerous occasions, have always been very friendly and professional. The only negative point I would make is regarding the car parking or lack of it on some visits. I realise that the restrictions of the site means little can be done about it.

11th May 2018

Caring environment. Great staff who seem to know what they are doing.

8th April 2018

Cardiac Day Unit. I attended the unit for an angiogram,arriving at 0730 as instructed and was greeted promptly and settled into my cubicle efficiently and pleasantly. The staff were friendly, polite, cheerful and reassuring (I was terrified at the prospect of an angiogram!) and went out of their way to help me (and all the other patients: I could hear their various discussions from the next door cubicles; there is little or no privacy...). My doctor arrived and talked me through the procedure very clearly and thoroughly and I signed the consent form. At 0945 I was taken into the theatre - given a sedative! - and had the angiogram in less than 15 minutes. It was totally painless and all my previous fears disappeared thanks to the kind and professional advice from the team. I was enormously impressed. Back to the day unit, to be greeted with a welcome breakfast, then monitored for a couple of hours by the very attentive staff, whom I cannot praise highly enough. This cardiac day unit is most impressive. Thank you very much.

Short link to review Wycombe Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ig