wycombe-hospital

Wycombe Hospital

Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, HP11 2TT

Written by a NHS patient
4th May 2021

I had amazing care today at the 2 week wait breast clinic. I arrived early, was called in early, had a mammogram, breast ultrasound and a Consultant review in under two hours. Each member of staff was polite, considerate and maintained my dignity during several intimate examinations. I was very impressed and grateful.

Safe
Written by a NHS patient
14th April 2021

I have nothing but praise for all the staff.

Safe
25th November 2020

I have experience of Wycombe Hospital as an outpatient, surgical patient and in recovery. In experiencing the Hospital as the first two, I have absolutely no complaints and the care was fantastic. In recovery in Ward 12A, I must thank the wonderful nurses who cared for me so well - they were really lovely people, caring, efficient, kind and knew what they were doing. The HCAs were a mixed bunch... My only negative feedback is not the nurses' fault at all, but comes from the burden placed on the team when they have a patient with a lot of needs, for example, dementia, which results in staff being focused on caring for, or managing the behaviour of, one person when they have other duties to attend to. This meant that sometimes other patients were waiting a long time to be looked after, but, more importantly, it put a lot of additional stress on the nurses themselves. I am not sure what can be done about this when budgets are limited, and I am sure management is aware of this issue, but I thought I would mention it as an observation. Apart from that, I feel so lucky to have been cared for by such a lovely team and I want to let them know what a positive difference their care and expertise made to my experience after major surgery - and my first long stay in hospital ever!

23rd November 2020

I was admitted for scheduled surgery in October 2020, anticipating a short stay on the ward to recover. My recovery necessitated a stay in ITU for several days followed by a few days on the ward prior to discharge. I cannot praise highly enough the care I received from all the staff involved from ITU to the ward staff. The level of expertise was incredible as was the patience and compassion shown to me. This was a very stressful time for me as a patient, as well as for the staff having to work within the Covid 19 restrictions to keep everyone safe. Importantly, the staff maintained their professionalism as well as their sense of humour. In short, I would not be alive today to write this review had it not been for the expertise of my surgeons during my initial and subsequent surgeries, the staff in ITU and the ward staff. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

22nd October 2020

Last Monday I was seen by Mr S K Fard Ahmed for my routine appointment following surgery a year ago. I was very nervous but Mr Ahmed soon put my mind at rest the moment I walked in there. He explained everything in detail and has such good bedside manners. He has so much time and I didn't feel rushed at all.

24th September 2020

The parking was a nightmare for a first-time outpatient visit.

{{category}} working at Wycombe Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wycombe Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ig