wycombe-hospital

Wycombe Hospital

Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, HP11 2TT

22nd July 2021

I had an appointment with Dr Tasker in the Gynae section of the hospital. I found her to be excellent. I was seen extremely promptly and all support staff I came into contact with were polite caring and helpful. First impressions of that section of the building are a little off putting.. that area of the hospital definitely needs some TLC as it is not representative of the care provided there.

1st June 2021

Improved since my awful experience in natal care!

27th May 2021

The care while in cardiology was fine the after care(blamed on covid of course) was a bit of a shambles.Letters were sent out so late that they came after the appointment date. Telephone consultations were rushed and constantly reminded of the lack of time the department had to consult patients. Information \ outcomes of scans and face to face meetings took for ever or on two occasions (involving another department aswell ) nothing was forthcoming at all.,which gives the impression that unless yoyr close to death the hospital really is not fussed with you. Why are patients obliged to call the hospital up to find out scan results when their GP or the department should be doing this themselves (again covid will be blamed).On one occasion I was even discharged from care completely because I had the audacity to not reply instantly to a message on my phone regarding me missing a telephone consultation by mistake . I have even had my name wrongly quoted to me by consultants over the phone and on a couple of occasions I’ve had to tell them the medication I’m on as on as on two occasions the specialist did not even know what medication I was on.Also changes in medication was a shambles as my own Gp even after ten days of cardiology telling me they have informed my GP of the Ganges informed me they have received nothing at all.So I even had to sort that out myself.I am aware of the distress covid caused the health service but come on it’s hard,y a issue at Wycombe now and I fear it’s just being used as a excuse to do very little.In actual fact I have give up with the while thing and no longer desire I put from Wycombe ,which is probably what they hoped for as it gets rid of another not nearly dying person of their books.

11th May 2021

While I had very good treatment sometimes the communication was a little lacking. Maps giving directions to the day care surgery ward were next to useless. Badly printed and lacking some details. When my husband came to collect me he couldn’t find where to go. He went to the main entrance to try and find some help. It was totally deserted and he could have wandered any where. We therefor feel that the hospital security is a bit lacking!, Thank goodness for mobile phones!

4th May 2021

I had amazing care today at the 2 week wait breast clinic. I arrived early, was called in early, had a mammogram, breast ultrasound and a Consultant review in under two hours. Each member of staff was polite, considerate and maintained my dignity during several intimate examinations. I was very impressed and grateful.

14th April 2021

I have nothing but praise for all the staff.

25th November 2020

I have experience of Wycombe Hospital as an outpatient, surgical patient and in recovery. In experiencing the Hospital as the first two, I have absolutely no complaints and the care was fantastic. In recovery in Ward 12A, I must thank the wonderful nurses who cared for me so well - they were really lovely people, caring, efficient, kind and knew what they were doing. The HCAs were a mixed bunch... My only negative feedback is not the nurses' fault at all, but comes from the burden placed on the team when they have a patient with a lot of needs, for example, dementia, which results in staff being focused on caring for, or managing the behaviour of, one person when they have other duties to attend to. This meant that sometimes other patients were waiting a long time to be looked after, but, more importantly, it put a lot of additional stress on the nurses themselves. I am not sure what can be done about this when budgets are limited, and I am sure management is aware of this issue, but I thought I would mention it as an observation. Apart from that, I feel so lucky to have been cared for by such a lovely team and I want to let them know what a positive difference their care and expertise made to my experience after major surgery - and my first long stay in hospital ever!

23rd November 2020

I was admitted for scheduled surgery in October 2020, anticipating a short stay on the ward to recover. My recovery necessitated a stay in ITU for several days followed by a few days on the ward prior to discharge. I cannot praise highly enough the care I received from all the staff involved from ITU to the ward staff. The level of expertise was incredible as was the patience and compassion shown to me. This was a very stressful time for me as a patient, as well as for the staff having to work within the Covid 19 restrictions to keep everyone safe. Importantly, the staff maintained their professionalism as well as their sense of humour. In short, I would not be alive today to write this review had it not been for the expertise of my surgeons during my initial and subsequent surgeries, the staff in ITU and the ward staff. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

22nd October 2020

Last Monday I was seen by Mr S K Fard Ahmed for my routine appointment following surgery a year ago. I was very nervous but Mr Ahmed soon put my mind at rest the moment I walked in there. He explained everything in detail and has such good bedside manners. He has so much time and I didn't feel rushed at all.

24th September 2020

The parking was a nightmare for a first-time outpatient visit.

{{category}} working at Wycombe Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wycombe Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ig