Dr Alan Hakim

London-based Consultant Rheumatologist, practicing at The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, London, in all areas of Rheumatology, with a subspecialty expertise in Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue / Hypermobility Syndromes. Associate Professor in Medicine, College of Medicine, PennState University USA Director of Education, The Ehlers-Danlos Society

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Rheumatology

15th August 2018
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

It was an absolute pleasure to visit Dr Hakim for his consideration of my health issues. He was extremely engaged, knowledgeable and supportive. Everything was clearly explained, nothing was rushed and I came away with the all important diagnosis of the Ehlers Danlos/hypermobility that I was expecting. Dr Hakim went a step further and actually corrected an earlier Fibromyalgia diagnosis from another clinic......he had no hesitation in removing this diagnosis which I had already been unsure of, along with my Physiotherapist’s steer. Dr Hakim had read my health file that I forwarded to him on his request, in advance of my appointment......this allowed for the most efficient use of the appointment time. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Hakim.

26th July 2018
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Having struggled to get adequately assessed over a number of years it has come as a huge relief to find Dr Hakim. I provided a basic medical history prior to my appointment and this was used for discussion. You know instantly that Dr Hakim has actually read it. Examination was thorough and everything is explained to you in a calm and reassuring manner. The following letter is sent out in a very timely fashion and is comprehensive and a great help. I am so very grateful to have received such excellent care.

19th April 2018
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

I saw Dr Hakim at the St John and St Elizabeth hospital, London. What an amazing Doctor! He was so calm and caring, explained things clearly and was reassuring. More was done in the hour appointment than any other DR has managed to do in the last two years! Thank you so much!

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

I had high hopes for this appointment and I was not disappointed. I’ve seen so many consultants over the years, but never have I had such an amazing appointment. It was relaxed, thorough, informative and all my questions were answered. If all medical personnel had the same bedside manner there’d be rave reviews for them all. Unfortunately, that’s not the case which only allows me therefore to extol the virtues of this one! Dr Hakim - thank you: you exceeded expectation.

23rd March 2018
Written by a carer at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

I contacted Dr. Hakim two years into my daughter's diagnosis with EDS, MCAS and POTS due to many frustrations. An appointment was offered in good time and I sent via email all relevant documentation which Dr. Hakim had obviously read before the appointment so that no time was wasted in the appointment going over history. At the end of a most professional but compassionate meeting he had resolved many issues that my daughter had been subjected to through no fault of her own. He took control and thoroughly addressed each and every one of the major issues one by one. I left the meeting feeling so grateful that going forward my daughter will have better direction in being able to deal with this condition under his guidance. Having seen many specialists over the past three years, Dr. Hakim's responses to our predicament have exceeded any gone before. Emails have been answered immediately - I even received a response sent four minutes after I had messaged at 21.57 hours. Exceptional care.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists