Dr Alan Hakim

London-based Consultant Rheumatologist, practicing at The Wellington Hospital, London, in all areas of Rheumatology, with a subspecialty expertise in Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue / Hypermobility Syndromes. Associate Professor in Medicine, College of Medicine, PennState University USA Director of Education, The Ehlers-Danlos Society

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Rheumatology

2nd July 2019
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I have been under the care of Dr. Hakim for many years and it is my pleasure to strongly recommend him. His knowledge of my condition (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome) is extremely comprehensive but more importantly, his involvement in the research of this very complicated syndrome is ongoing, which means that new advice is always available. He advises with his physio team new ideas for pain management of the condition too. I have recently introduced my son to him, who unfortunately also suffers from the syndrome. He reassured my son with positive advice and medication to help him cope and is currently putting together a physio package for him. He is an extremely personable physician and would recommend anyone suffering from EDS or Hyper Mobility Spectrum Disorders to book an appointment with him.

7th June 2019
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Dr Hakim listened to, examined and heard me. All with a kind, patient, gentle, helpful manner. He immediately put me at ease. His assessment of my symptoms was spot on. He has supported me with clinical letters to outline what I need going forward. I honestly cannot fault him or recommend him highly enough. Thank you Dr Hakim

5th June 2019
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

well what can I say, Dr Hakim needs an award! This man is truly amazing. He was so kind and polite, he's funny and easy to talk to. He listens to what you say which is so important after years of being told my issues were in my head. I saw Dr Hakim in regards with Ehlers danlos syndromes. He was the most knowledgeable Dr I have ever spoken to and I am so positive for my future with the plan we have in place. I cannot recommend him enough. - Thank you Dr Hakim !!

28th February 2019
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Incredible. My hero. Dr Alan Hakim has an excellent bedside manner. A very polite man, he treated me as an equal and knew exactly what was going on with my body. I actually sobbed with relief having being listened to and believed after over 15 years of being treated like a hypochondriac by my GPs. I can't thank him enough. If you suspect Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, this is the man for the job. He is respectful, funny, an expert and I feel now that there is hope. Priceless. Thank you Dr Hakim.

6th December 2018
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I visited Dr Hakim recently after over twenty years of symptoms and numerous appointments with other doctors who had dismissed my symptoms as anxiety or hypochondria. I had finally been given what I suspected was still an incorrect diagnosis by an NHS rheumatologist and wanted a second opinion. Dr Hakim was brilliant. He had studied my medical history before I saw him and had a list of questions ready. He was gentle with his examination and noticed things that I hadn’t even realised myself. He diagnosed me with hEDS which has already drastically improved how my GP and other consultants treat me. He made numerous recommendations and I finally have some hope for a better future and a possible improvement in my health. Most importantly, Dr Hakim listened to me and he believed me. I can’t adequately express just how grateful I am for that and how much it meant to me.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists