Dr Alan Hakim

London-based Consultant Rheumatologist, practicing at The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, London, in all areas of Rheumatology, with a subspecialty expertise in Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue / Hypermobility Syndromes.

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Rheumatology

12th May 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

Dr Hakim is the BEST Doctor I have ever seen. He goes above & beyond the call of duty to go out of his way to help. He listens is kind & thorough & he really cares about his patients. I am so lucky to have found him. 5 star treatment!!!

8th May 2017
Written by a carer at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

My daughter of 18 years has hypermobility of joints and suffers from recurrent shoulder subluxation and other associated conditions. During my research for reliable diagnosis and help, I came to know about Dr Alan Hakim - a top-notch rheumatologist and one of the world's foremost experts on EDS - and I decided to approach him for his assessment and advice. And I can unhesitatingly say that that was the best thing I did. We engaged in tele-consultaltion with Dr Hakim and based on our experience, I can only wish that there were more doctors like him. Dr Hakim is not only totally patient-centric, but he is very knowledgeable, responsive, meticulous, and humble. He gives all the time a consultation requires, listens patiently and attentively, and demonstrates a great sense of empathy that is rarely seen. Prior to and as a follow-up to our tele-consultation, I sent Dr Hakim several emails, and each time, much to my delight, I received his reply within 24 hours. Not only that, he even took interest and time to speak at length with my daughter's physiotherapist, which only shows how he lives his "patient-first" philosophy in practice. Dr Hakim is a fantastic human being and a doctor par excellence. He is very easy to approach and interact with. He answers all questions with a smile and makes the patient feel very comfortable. Needless to say, he is a thorough professional. He has become more than a doctor to us - a friend indeed. May his expertise help and heal all those in need!

8th May 2017
Written by a carer at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

29th March 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

I had the pleasure of meeting with Dr. Hakim today and wanted to share my positive, and wholly novel experience- because here is a Doctor who truly cares. In the years I have been searching for a diagnosis I have seen numerous specialists in my home country of Canada. None of whom provided me with the care and attention that Dr. Hakim did during our consult. He truly a credit to his profession. Dr. Hakim truly takes the time to both address your concerns, explain findings and treatments; as well as, engage you in a manner that is both clear and concise. I felt truly confident in his care and have no doubt that seeing him was the best healthcare decision I have made yet.

27th March 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

I went to see Dr Hakim as I have EDS and was really struggling with the simplest of tasks Dr Hakim sat and listened for the first time in 10 years I felt I was actually going to get something out of my appointment, since my appointment Dr Hakim has wrote to a number of doctors with ways they can help and also for advice on surgery as I have Epilepsy which makes surgery more complicated than normal. Dr Hakim is fantastic I can't thank him enough for what he has done and I also wouldn't think twice about going back to see him I have already advised other people to go and see him

Nearest Rheumatologists