dr-alan-hakim

23rd November 2019

Dr Hakim, has treated me for years, he's a rather, happy go lucky, chirpy, suited, funny sort of character. But the story I shall tell, next shows, how he saved my joint, but also his ongoing care quality, is truly amazing, and is a rather amazing, gentleman. He works very hard, on top of his charity work too. I think as patients, we forget doctors are human too. Not many doctors, would do this, and I praise him, for doing this, and giving me my life back, and the physiotherapist too. If it wasn't for Dr Hakim getting involved, at the surgeon point, my joint would not have been able to be salvaged, so I owe him, a lot of gratitude in helping to save my joint, by doing so making me more emotionally and physically stable again, and making me smile again and out of pain. He's an amazing gentleman, and a doctor I would happily praise, and recommend. Please see story below:- Dr Hakim, came into my Physiotherapist room, to sign me off, as my joint was so bad, I could no longer cope, and I was physically and emotionally drained, crying hysterically, and crawling unable to lie down or sit, and loosing feeling in my leg, shaking and unable to talk because of the pain, and I was scared. I was awaiting surgical dates and to see the surgeon during this time. Both he and the physiotherapist, followed through, by writing to my orthopaedic surgeons urgently, with their concerns, diagnosis, and urgent care needed. To try to help me get treated sooner, as I was waiting for a surgical date, and to see the surgeon. As they both were concerned. The surgeon operated a few weeks later, to find I had a grossly barley repairable degenerate joint, and I was lucky to get to the surgeon, when I did, even the surgeon was shocked, at how bad the joint was, as I needed major joint surgery during that surgery. After surgery I had no further numbness, and my joint pain reduced by 85%, and I'm now back on minimal painkillers, and I can now walk without crutches. For that reason I owe Dr Hakim, a rather huge thank you, and the physiotherapist too as I can now sleep and actually smile, and I'm not in severe pain and for saving my joint. I cant express, enough how lovely, Dr Hakim is, and how rather, truly wonderful he is as a doctor. Many thanks Dr Hakim.

2nd July 2019

I have been under the care of Dr. Hakim for many years and it is my pleasure to strongly recommend him. His knowledge of my condition (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome) is extremely comprehensive but more importantly, his involvement in the research of this very complicated syndrome is ongoing, which means that new advice is always available. He advises with his physio team new ideas for pain management of the condition too. I have recently introduced my son to him, who unfortunately also suffers from the syndrome. He reassured my son with positive advice and medication to help him cope and is currently putting together a physio package for him. He is an extremely personable physician and would recommend anyone suffering from EDS or Hyper Mobility Spectrum Disorders to book an appointment with him.

7th June 2019

Dr Hakim listened to, examined and heard me. All with a kind, patient, gentle, helpful manner. He immediately put me at ease. His assessment of my symptoms was spot on. He has supported me with clinical letters to outline what I need going forward. I honestly cannot fault him or recommend him highly enough. Thank you Dr Hakim

5th June 2019

well what can I say, Dr Hakim needs an award! This man is truly amazing. He was so kind and polite, he's funny and easy to talk to. He listens to what you say which is so important after years of being told my issues were in my head. I saw Dr Hakim in regards with Ehlers danlos syndromes. He was the most knowledgeable Dr I have ever spoken to and I am so positive for my future with the plan we have in place. I cannot recommend him enough. - Thank you Dr Hakim !!

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Rheumatology

London-based Consultant Rheumatologist, practicing at The Wellington Hospital, London, in all areas of Rheumatology, with a subspecialty expertise in Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue / Hypermobility Syndromes. Associate Professor in Medicine, College of Medicine, PennState University USA Director of Education, The Ehlers-Danlos Society

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists