Dr Alan Hakim

London-based Consultant Rheumatologist, practicing at The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, London, in all areas of Rheumatology, with a subspecialty expertise in Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue / Hypermobility Syndromes.

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Rheumatology

17th October 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

The doctor was so kind and took time to listen and actually spoke to me like a human on a level a far cry from nhs doctors. Not like a number on a list as I'm used to from gps.

28th September 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

My experience with Dr Alan Hakim was the best meeting with a consultant I have ever had. I was very nervous leading up to my appointment but the moment he greeeted me, I was put at ease. Dr Hakim is compassionate, listens, is very thorough and explains in detail everything regarding your time with him, He is an expert in his field, gives you recommendations and so much support regarding the diagnosis. I would reccomend him to anyone who wants great care, support and answers. I cannot recommend this wonderful Doctor enough he is the best.

29th July 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

Dr Alan Hakim diagnosed me with Hypermobility Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS). He is, without doubt, the kindest, most compassionate consultant I have ever met. His knowledge of this condition is unsurpassed and he works hard with charities in a medical advisory capacity in the uk and internationally. He has also written many publications about inherited tissue disorders such as my condition. When I initially got the diagnosis a few years ago everything finally made sense regarding my medical history from childhood to adulthood. I cannot recommend this consultant highly enough and I am so fortunate to have consulted with him. Thank you Dr Hakim.

19th July 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

Many patients with hypermobility/ EDS issues will understand how frustrated they are with consultants due to lack of knowledge trust etc , then you meet Dr Hakim. A true man of his word, and what you actually call a doctor! No matter what appointment i have had with him 30 minutes or one hour, he will always do his best to make sure you leave with the best knowledge or help available. I have never left his appointments without the help i need or follow up be it 30 mins or 1 hour.. Dr Hakim, is a truly an outstanding credit to his profession. A great Dr who really listens, friendly and who you can trust, and truly cares for his patients needs! =) I cannot fault him at all =)

10th July 2017
Written by a patient at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

Dr Hakim was personally recommended to me having been described as 'unlike any other Dr you will have seen before'. Yes this was a private consultation, however, Dr Hakim has a unique approach in that he listens to his patient and considers there is an over reliance on negative blood test results meaning symptoms often go over looked as a result. Having spent many years telling doctors about joint pain, loose and partially dislocating joints etc and being made to feel like a hyperchondriac, Dr Hakim was able to correctly diagnose me, the impact of which cannot be under estimated. There is now a clearer way forward and credibility in relation to those symptoms that I had been reporting for many years. Dr Hakim is kind as well as a leading figure in hypermobility, EDS and a range of other rheumatological and heritable disorders. I cannot rate him highly enough and do not hesitate in offering my recommendation.

Nearest Rheumatologists