royal-lancaster-infirmary
1 2 3 4 5 47,475 reviews Write a review

Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Ashton Road, Lancaster, England, LA1 4RP

1st February 2018

Seemed a thorough exam. Radiologist was willing to explain results afterwards. Waiting time a little long - 25 minutes. Generally satisfied

22nd January 2018

The care in the hospital was excellent

16th January 2018

The best staff on Ward 34 work hard and efficiently and are a credit to the NHS. Regretfully I also witnessed some rather sloppy practice. 1. I was not always given intravenous antibiotics on time. On one evening my antibiotics were several hours late and another morning, the nurse went off duty before administering the final set of three. I had to chase a different nurse up to administer the final drug. 2. Record keeping about when I was given pain killers was inaccurate at least once. I remember one nurse telling me this was the case! I decided to start keeping my own records about when treatments were administered because some staff seemed confused by my paperwork and quite often asked me when I'd last had a particular pain killer. I did not expect to have to be so proactive in my own treatment; one hands oneself over to the hospital and trusts staff to administer drugs efficiently. As time went on, I saw that I was going to have to be more aware of what I should be having and when. 3. One member of staff took four attempts to get blood from me. I appreciate this can be difficult, but another blood nurse said I had 'good veins' and no-one else took more than a single go. 4. Cleaning is obviously something that the RLI take seriously and it was good to see cleaning being done thoroughly on a daily basis. The only reason I have not given five stars above is that the toilets and showers were not always cleaned as scrupulously as they might have been. 5. Most of the patients in Ward 34 at the time required urine bottles to relive themselves. These were not always taken away terribly quickly. I found it very difficult to eat my breakfast one morning because I found the smell of urine from a neighbouring patient's bottle pretty overpowering. The tea lady openly commented to a member of staff that other staff had not got the patients ready for breakfast i.e. sat up. I was surprised to see some (junior) hospital staff seemingly unaware of things that needed to be done. It seems awful to make such disparaging comments about an organisation that has just saved your life. I am extremely grateful for what ALL the staff on Ward 34 did for me and my average star rating to the questions above clearly indicates a level of satisfaction. Nevertheless, it wasn't perfect.I do not wish to complain for the sake of doing so; I simply hope my observations will help to improve things for patents in future. I do not wish to complain for the sake of doing so; I simply hope my observations will help to improve things for patents in future.

13th January 2018

Travelled from kendal to A&E after being referred by GP. After being told it was very busy - I was seen quickly and efficiently. I was treated almost immediately with suspected sepsis. I spent 4 days in the Acute Accident Ward all the staff were wonderful and I just want to extend my thanks to all the people who looked after me.

11th January 2018

I just wanted to thank the breast care unit staff at RLI. I saw my GP re a problem on a Monday evening and by Tuesday am at 09.30 had been offered an appointment to be seen within48 hours. What a fantastic service. From the moment I entered the unit the reception staff were helpful and courteous.Val the nurse who escorted me to the room introduced herself as did all the staff I saw. Val was kind and reassuring to me and made me feel more relaxed. Mr. Famy the consultant was friendly, understanding and he definitely put me at ease.He talked to me in a manner easy to understand and reassured me and gave excellent advice. Louise who carried out my mammogram was friendly and explained the procedure beforehand which helped. The doctor who spoke to me after reviewing my mammogram immediately reassured me everything was fine and he again was polite and courteous. I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all the staff involved in my care today, in times of such pressure put upon the NHS the staff they are doing the most amazing job. I observed all the staff smiling at patients being friendly and reassuring and introducing themselves which I feel helps the experience feel easier. . so keep up the good work and thank you so much for making a stressful experience much easier.

{{category}} working at Royal Lancaster Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Lancaster Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4u2