royal-lancaster-infirmary
1 2 3 4 5 47,468 reviews Write a review

Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Ashton Road, Lancaster, England, LA1 4RP

16th November 2017
Written by a family member

16th November 2017

Very g

10th November 2017

I was admitted to Lancaster RLI A & E and an Acute Medical Ward on Tuesday 17th October. I was treated with great respect and professionalism by ambulance paramedics, nurses, doctors and trainees from three continents. This has always been my experience so I cannot praise NHS staff highly enough for their dedication and commitment and where would we be without immigrants to help us?

8th November 2017

Janet is excellent at her job. So pleasant, kind and a lovely person. I shall miss her help so much and wish that she could visit weekly more often. I cannot praise her enough.

1st November 2017

I have attended the Oncology clinic in the past and have had very good experiences. Today, however, I saw a Dr. Majeed (I think that was his name). Firstly I had great trouble understanding what he was saying as his english was very poor. I had to ask him to repeat what he said on quite a few occasions. He was badly prepared for the consultation as he did not seem to know that an x-ray had been requested and I had to tell him the date that it was done. He repeated over and over again that he would request an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon and described what was likely to happen (possible pin in leg) even though he could not find the results of the x-ray! My PSA test result showed a marked increase. He left the room to discuss what new drugs could be prescribed. When he came back he forgot to ask what other drugs I was on that may affect the new prescription. Fortunately the Oncology nurse came into the room and corrected him, but only after some discussion. It was a most distressing consultation for both my wife and I as he gave every impression of not knowing what he was talking about. He left us upset and confused. Fortunately the Oncology nurse saw us after the meeting and tried to settle us down. P.S. The following day the oncology nurse phoned to tell me that the x-ray showed nothing untoward and that I would not be referred to orthopaedics so all the tales of doom and gloom that Majeed prophesied were rubbish.