Desborough Surgery

65 Desborough Avenue, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2SD 1 2 3 4 5 18 reviews

19th March 2021

I'm over 60 and finally got a text from the surgery w/c 15 March telling me to book a time for my covid vaccine the same week that the rest of the country had been told the over 50s could book a vaccination, not sure why. They gave me two days notice not a problem for me but I'm sure it could have been for others with childcare and work commitments. The text said if I've had the vaccine or didn't want it to text back with a code, I would have thought it would give a better understanding of who didn't want it and who had it if there were separate questions as can't see how they are going manage figures in the future. My wife booked through the NHS website and had to provide a date for the second vaccination, after my vaccination I phoned the surgery to ask why everyone I know has a follow up appointment and I don't. The lady on reception said she didn't know why the NHS asked for second appointment and I would be contacted nearer to the 12 week second dose as they wont know until then if they will have the vaccine. The government has said they will honour all booked appointments so if you want to make sure of the second dose and don't want to sit around waiting for a last minute appointment I suggest you book through the NHS website.

Ask separate question re had the vaccine or don't want it. Book second appointments when giving the vaccine, if not let people know if they book through the NHS they will get dates for both vaccinations

19th March 2021

1st February 2021

Hi Why after over a year am I still waiting to be put on the system as a carer? I informed Hazlemere surgery over a year ago now that I am a carer. I found out a few weeks ago that this has not been put on the system. And I only found this out because I called to find out if I was on the Covid vaccine priority list and they said no. So I explained yet again, completed a carer's form, took in proof of being a carer,which they asked to see, and as of today, I am still not listed as a carer on the system. And the reception staff or some of them are still not aware that if you are a carer in receipt of a carer's allowance you should be in priority group 4 of the vaccine list, according to the JCVI. Extremely concerning.

The job in hand.

1st February 2021

The job in hand.

21st January 2021

Yesterday morning, at about 9.30am, my wife and I received a phone call from the surgery inviting us to attend at Adam's Park, on the same day at 2.15pm, to have the first of our Covid vaccination jabs. The whole process from the first phone contact through to exiting Adam's Park was a pleasure. Everybody was very pleasant and made the whole process so easy. To the person who first phoned us right through to the volunteer to whom we said "Goodbye" to, a very sincere "Thank you" for a job well done.

Nothing

Rating not given.

{{category}} working at Desborough Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Desborough Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb98f