Chobham & West End Medical Practice

Chobham&west End Med Prac, 16 Windsor Road, Chobham, Woking, Surrey, GU24 8NA

Also known as: The Surgery, 16 Windsor Road, Chobham, WOKING, GU24 8NA, Lucas Green surgery, Lucas Green Road, West End, WOKING, GU24 9LU

9th September 2019

This has been my surgery for 10 years and I think the service by all clinician has been consistently good. I understand the system is stretched and don't think the wait for appointments is bad. Continuity of care has declined over the years - again for understandable reasons. However, please take note of the following comment that is common to every poor review: the receptionist are ALWAYS uncaring, cold and rude. I know they are busy and have to be quick, but there are ways and means of talking to people. It cannot be everyone else's problem when the same comment appears again and again. I try my very best not to come to the GP, but would very much appreciate being treated with courtesy and warmth when I do. Please feedback to and train your receptionists better.

16th September 2019
Response from Chobham & West End Medical Practice

Thank you for your initial kind words. I’m sorry that you have found your recent experience with reception to be short of acceptable. I have previously asked for more detail to be supplied to the reception managers from patients regarding incidents, as generalised comments do not help us. It is not all receptionists that ‘need training’, and in fact we receive numerous positive comments about individual receptionists and our staff are sent on customer care courses. It is very difficult for us to identify staff that do not give due consideration to our customers. The staff in reception are usually too busy to listen in to each other’s conversations which makes it nigh impossible to identify the responsible person from a management perspective. Without sufficient evidence we cannot take disciplinary action. All receptionists are obliged to wear a name badge and also to identify themselves when answering the telephone. It would help us immensely if patients would bring incidents to the reception manager’s notice, at the time, so that we can take action. Failing that I would ask that patients write to me giving details of any incident and naming the individual. This written evidence can then be used in any necessary disciplinary action. David Clippingdale Practice Manager

8th July 2019

I am a full time carer and the receptionists are always polite and very helpful, some going that little bit extra to make sure that issues are dealt with. The doctors are fantastic. When I have had to see my doctor, she has always been kind and understanding.

4th March 2019

I am writing this as a very concered relative of an elderly aunt who is registered at this practice. Her husband has dementia and is house-bound. Fearing he had a urinary infection I advised her to get a sample bottle from you and take the sample in for testing. On production of the sample at reception my aunt was told it couldn't be tested and she'd need to make an appointment to see a doctor! How down right rediculous! Regular urinary testing is cruicial in the elderly, early diagnosis is paramount and readily available at every surgery except this one! By the time my uncle gets seen by a doctor it could well be too late....... Shame on you.

6th March 2019
Response from Chobham & West End Medical Practice

Thank you for your comments. NHS web sites state that if you suspect you may have a UTI then see a doctor. This is what your Aunt was informed . As your Uncle has dementia and is house-bound he would have been seen in his own home. From what you have said I believe that your Aunt may not have mentioned those facts to the receptionist. If she had, a home visit would have been arranged. I can only apologise if our receptionist failed to pick up on this. You state 'Regular urinary testing is crucial in the elderly' Please see the following extract from the British Medical Journal - "Do not use urine dipstick tests to diagnose urinary tract infection in older people; if they are performed at all, only a negative result should be considered useful in excluding a urinary tract infection In patients who are able to provide a history, urinary tract infection should be diagnosed only in the presence of a combination of at least three acute urinary symptoms or signs, such as dysuria, urgency, frequency, or suprapubic tenderness In patients who are unable to provide a history, urinary tract infection should be diagnosed only when evidence exists of acute inflammation (for example, fever/hypothermia or raised white cell count or C reactive protein) associated with bacteriuria on urine culture and no other more likely cause of their acute illness exists Asymptomatic bacteriuria is common in older people; avoid treating bacteriuria in patients with non-specific symptoms that cannot be attributed to urinary tract infection, as this confers no benefit and may cause harm " Other practices may well 'dip stick' urine on request, however at this surgery it is not considered good practice. I hope that your Uncle has now had a home visit, but if not please contact the surgery to arrange one. David Clippingdale Practice Manager

18th December 2018

West End Surgery has a very caring and helpful team! I have recently been very distressed due to my child being sick and the reception team was very helpful and kind in fitting me in for an appointment! I have seen different doctors in both surgeries and have to say that the care is excellent! Thank you very much in showing great care and concern when I needed it!!

{{category}} working at Chobham & West End Medical Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Chobham & West End Medical Practice: http://iwgc.net/ejhkt