Chobham & West End Medical Practice

Chobham&west End Med Prac, 16 Windsor Road, Chobham, Woking, Surrey, GU24 8NA

Also known as: The Surgery, 16 Windsor Road, Chobham, WOKING, GU24 8NA, Lucas Green surgery, Lucas Green Road, West End, WOKING, GU24 9LU

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

5th May 2017

This Practice has some great doctors when you get to see them - I have had recent terrible experience in getting the correct repeat prescriptions, even having to call external consultant to call them to give me the prescriptions when they had been regular for 2 years. Also being asked to give full disclosure to the receptionist rather than a qualified GP is really not welcome.

16th May 2017
Response from Chobham & West End Medical Practice

Without further details I am unable to give a complete reply to the problem this patient encountered obtaining repeat medication. I would however like to say that the prescriber (in this case the GP) takes full responsibility when issuing a prescription for medication, not the consultant who originally suggested that the patient should be on the medication. Most medications are issued for a maximum of 6 repeat issues after which time the prescriber will review the need for the medication which may well include requesting the patient to return to the surgery for a face to face review and or tests. This sometimes may appear obstructive to the patient but is entirely for their own good. Our receptionists have been asked by the GPs to request from the patient the reason for their need for an appointment. This is so that the patient can be directed to the most appropriate person for their need,s and often results in their problem being dealt with without them having to attend the surgery. Patients do of course have the right to refuse to give their reason for requesting to see a GP, and possibly waste not only their own time but that of our scarcest resource - the GP. It should be noted that all staff working in the surgery are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the GPs. David Clippingdale Practice Manager

4th January 2017

I called on the day - 3rd January 2017! At 830 and managed to get an appointment within 4 hours. New electronic system was easy and all staff happy and friendly. Very pleased with the service

15th December 2016

7th December 2016

I have not visited either the Chobham or West End surgeries for a couple of years now and was dreading trying to make an appointment at sort notice yesterday (needed a prescription as only had 3 days left of current). Previously I have found it very difficult to get an appointment but the receptionist I spoke with was friendly and helpful and booked me an appointment for the same day at 5.30pm meaning I didn't have to take too much time out of work. When I arrived for my appointment at the Chobham surgery the new digital self check in system was very easy to use (I am dreadful with modern technology) and presumably frees up a lot of time for the reception staff. I was seen on time and the nurse, Emma, was very friendly despite me being a little annoyed initially after being told I wouldn't be able to get the prescription then and there (my own fault as I neglected to tell the reception staff when I made the appointment that I had been off the pill for a little while and only recently started it again). However Emma managed to speak to a doctor for me and get a prescription signed off so I did not have to take more time out of work to come back for another appointment. Many thanks to Emma for going above and beyond, it was very much appreciated.

6th December 2016

Tried to get a nurse's appointment today (Tuesday, 6th December 2016) for my 11 year old son to check whether he is asthmatic or not on the Doctor's referral. Informed I couldn't see anyone until 13th January 2017, during the school day as only one nurse can do this test. Quite frankly thinking of changing surgery as totally fed up with being put at the back of the queue for every appointment, referral etc. as I'm too polite to make a fuss. If this was a one-off I wouldn't be leaving this feedback.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »