1st April 2024

Prof Quarishi explained everything about my procedure throughout my visits , he made everything very clear on what he was doing and what i could expect after my operation. Would certainly recommend him to anyone. Only issue i had was with the physio some of the exercises went against Prof Quraishi i had 5 out of the 15 exercises telling me to bend which i was told not to do, so this put me back about 3 weeks. obviously not Prof Quraishi fault but more communication between the two.

Written by a private patient at The Park Hospital - part of Circle Health Group
27th March 2024

I was recommended by a very good friend who had spinal surgery by Mr Quraishi I was so pleased with the procedure as soon i came out of surgery the pain had gone 6 months on I am improving day by day.

Written by a private patient at Queen's Medical Centre
13th March 2024

It has been nearly ten years since Mr Quraishi agreed to take on my case when no-other surgeon was able or willing to, and most who were qualified to speak to me in this field recommended him. They were not wrong. I owe this man so much, he fixed my complicated back issue and gave me my life back. The fact that I have came back ten years on to thank this gentleman again should speak volumes, and I hope it does.

Written by a private patient at Spire Nottingham Hospital
27th November 2023

I had been in extreme pain for over 6 months suffering from spinal stenosis and slipped disc previously diagnosed by another surgeon who recommended painkillers. There was no improvement and it was affecting my quality of life as even walking was agony. My physio recommended I see Mr Quraishi who after looking at the scan very quickly recommended surgery as my only option. I felt relieved there was some light at the end of the tunnel and my surgery took place a few weeks later. The pain from the spinal stenosis disappeared immediately. I still experienced residual nerve pain in my legs for quite a few weeks but that is now fading and with the help of physiotherapy I am back to near normal 4 months post op. I am very grateful to Mr Quraishi for giving me my quality of life back after a very dismal time.

Written by a private patient at The Park Hospital - part of Circle Health Group
14th November 2023

Mr. Quraishi right from our first meeting showed not only his knowledge and skill but also his willingness to convey the details of the problem and the possible solutions in language that a layman could understand. As a result I knew that I was in good hands. The need for an operation was clear and was organised with the minimum of fuss and fortunately only a short delay. After the operation I was able to get out of bed within 24hours and home shortly afterwards. After a pain free year I am now able to do tasks which I thought were out of reach. The level of improvement is significantly greater than that which he said that I might expect. At all levels the consultations, treatment and nursing were to the highest standard. I have no hesitation in giving a five star review.

Professor Quraishi is an experienced, highly-skilled Consultant Spinal Surgeon based in Nottingham since 2009. Having trained in centres of surgical excellence in the UK and North America, he also completed specialist training in both spinal orthopaedic and spinal neurosurgery.

In Nottingham, he is the past Head of Service at The Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery (CSSS) based at Queen’s Medical Centre Campus, Nottingham University Hospitals, which is one of the largest university hospitals in Europe. He is an Honorary Professor (professional position held at Nottingham Trent University) and the Head of Spinal Research, in the largest teaching institute for spinal surgery in Europe.

He specialises in the whole spectrum of spinal problems, with the majority of his practice now focusing on the more complex cases (deformity/scoliosis, spinal cancers, trauma and infection) or those requiring revision surgery.