Mr Timothy Kane

Mr Kane is a NHS consultant trauma & orthopaedic surgeon at Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. He combines a busy elective hip and knee replacement surgery practice with general orthopaedic trauma and is part of the on call rota at QA hospital. Mr Kane also consults at Spire Portsmouth Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

7th June 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Portsmouth Hospital

I went to Dr Kane after a year of pain. I had a torn meniscus and was suffering from an inflamed and stiff knee. Dr Kane decided to operate, he was honest and said the operation would fix the tear but not nessesarily the cysts that were an affect of the tear. My operation went to plan and I left the hospital the same day. Dr Kane had been so thorough with his pre operation appointment that I new exactly what to expect. He talked through the procedure and drew diagrams to demonstrate further. 7 weeks after the operation I am no longer in pain, I have full movement in my knee. Life is almost back to normal and after seeing Dr Kane again looking brighter than ever as I have his orders never to do squats again :)

25th May 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

I suffered with extreme pain in my knees from having rheumatoid arthritis,so badly that was in a wheelchair, my rhumatolagist recommended a total knee replacement, I was very hesitant, I should not have had any concerns right from the first appointment with Mr Kane I was put at ease by his excellent professional manner, he listened to everything I had to say and explained everything about my surgery, I have had both knees replaced now, the first in August the other in February, I'm now doing all the things I did before my knees deteriorated, it's given me my life back. My surgery was carried out by Mr Kane and his team with great care and skill, since my surgery Mr Kane has had the same professionalism and care.Anyone who is hesitating to have any surgery please don't worry and go ahead YOU will not be in any better hands than Mr Kane's

13th April 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Portsmouth Hospital

I was diagnosed with arthritis in my right knee which was causing me considerable problems in everyday life. I was given a full knee replacement by Tim in February 2015 and cannot speak highly enough of the result that I had. I am now free of pain and there is nothing now that I cannot do which I was unable to do before. I was contacted by Tim before the surgery, after the operation and I have had two follow up appointments, and have now been discharged. In short I have been very impressed with the professionalism and the skill of Tim Kane and also the treatment of all of the supporting staff at the Spire hospital.

18th February 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

I had bilateral arthritis which led to me having a left total hip replacement in January 2012,and a right total hip replacement in August 2014. I was very,very anxious about having the operations,probably more than most,but I am so glad I did. They have allowed me to be pain-free and able to resume my life again fully. Mr.T .Kane is absolutely considerate,very competent,with true'old fashioned' bedside manner.

12th February 2016
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

My left knee had deteriorated to the extent that complex surgery was required to replace the knee joint and straighten the bones below the knee. Prior to the surgery I found it extremely difficult to climb stairs and to walk any distance. On colder days it was difficult to walk a few steps. I can say that Mr Kane has done a wonderful and I am now able to do things that any fit 70 year old can do. Walking is now once again a pastime I enjoy and the operation has given me my normal life back.

« 1 2 3 4 »