queen-alexandra-hospital

Southwick Hill Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, England, PO6 3LY

24th July 2017

Fast efficent caring

24th July 2017

The staff on reception were very helpful. I had a 3 hour wait for what I thought may be cellulitis following lymphedema due to Breast cancer. This is not my local hospital but I was visiting family in Portsmouth. I was surprised that so many apparently minor patients (cut fingers, sprained ankles etc.) were dealt with far more quickly. No advice was given regarding waiting times. I felt it would have been quicker to drive home and attend my local walk in centre. Saw doctor who was unsure but prescribed antibiotics and antihistamines. Went to reception who validated prescription, was then told to wait by nurses desk and someone would issue prescription. At this point I was so embarrassed. I was let to stand in middle of ward, patients being wheeled round me. I can't stand for long so sat at nurses desk. Still ignored. My sister asked a nurse who said "ill be with you in a minute", who then put his coat on and left the department. Everyone else did a fabulous job of avoiding eye contact. A student nurse who didn't actually work in the department seemed the only one interested. My sister, after 20 minutes of being in the way went round to reception to ask if the main pharmacy was open, and the recpetionsit was appalled we were still waiting. She went round to the department, got a nurse to deal with it, and we were gone within 2 minutes. Receptionist gets 5/5, waiting time 2.5/5, given so many minors seen ahead of us with no indication of waiting times, doctor 3.5/5, all nurses who are clearly trained in avoiding eye contact 2/5. We were stood in the way, asked at least 8 people for help and were ignored.

23rd July 2017

The staff were very caring and helpful.the armed hairs for sitting out are incredibly hard and cause pressure e sores. The food was worse than on all previous stays in Qatar.

21st July 2017

I was kept updated throughout the entire process of my operation. The staff were very attentive, regularly checking that I was alright and any concerns I had were taken care of. I found all of the staff to be extremely professional, warm and friendly, which I felt helped to reduce the anxiety associated with having a medical procedure of this nature, especially as I had never had an operation before. I was very impressed with the whole process.

21st July 2017