queen-alexandra-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 231,428 reviews Write a review

Queen Alexandra Hospital

Southwick Hill Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, England, PO6 3LY

29th November 2019

The only concern regarded my discharge from hospital. maybe because it was at a weekend and the department that specialised in my operation were not available but the initial home care instruction was lacking. However a telephone call on the Monday morning put all back in perspective. Think maybe in similar casesto mine anyone being discharged with chest drains could be given a simple one page leaflet of do's and don'ts. Other than that all tratments were excellent, patient care excellent and follow up after 7 days was also excellent.

Review of Fast Access Chest Pain clinic, written by a patient
29th November 2019

The nurse was very knowledgeable and thorough.

Review of E7, written by a patient
27th November 2019

The general level of attentiveness by the Dr's, Neville and latterly Dr Claire who was sent by Dr Tomash Morelli from E8 ward, was excellent. The nurses on E7 ward, Giulia (Julia), Troy and Sara, were fantastic. Amazing people and a credit to the NHS at the QA. Also I would like to thank Nurses Kerry, Martha and Esther from E8 ward as well as the Dr's Sara Algiara , Dr Tomash/Tomasso Morelli AND Dr Lanning who do an excellent job despite the challenges faced by the NHS. I am hoping that on my visit to the respiratory and thoracic clinic appointment on Monday 9th December, that Dr Morrelli or Dr Sara Algiara will be present and that I will have a further chest x-ray. Many thanks and God bless your teams on E7 and E8 ward where I was treated in September and October during Acute Air Borne Pneumonia and Pleurisy. Kindest regards, Miss Charmaine D'Souza BA (Hons)

27th November 2019

all staff were very attentive, helpful and informative very pleased with the service

Review of Endoscopy, written by a patient
27th November 2019

Baleseng was absolutely wonderful. She made me feel so at ease and made jokes and generally comforted me about a procedure I was quite nervous about. She's the kind of woman who give nurses the fantastic reputation they can have, and deserve, and I'd really like to thank her.

Review of Day Surgery Unit, written by a patient
26th November 2019

The staff team were all amazing and lovely. My surgeon (Mr Sherrie I think, plastics) and his theatre team (especially Susan I think) we're really kind and lovely even giving up her lunch break to make sure I was ok. Thank you so much for being so kind.

Review of Eye Outpatients , written by a patient
20th November 2019

Most of the staff are kind and considerate however there are a few that feel it's ok to have conversations with others while they are dealing with you. Constructive suggestions: 1. A way to stop you feeling that your cattle being herded from one area to the next. 2. Ticket system or a display with waiting time - you end up sitting there scared to go to the toilet or get a drink in case you get called and your not there. 3. Know who it is that you will be seeing. 4. More magazines/reading material.

Review of Pain Clinic OPD, written by a patient
18th November 2019

I have to appluad the excellent work of the secretaries and nursing staff and of course, my nconsultant.

Review of D2, written by a patient
17th November 2019

Have had a pleasurable time in the hospital for 4 unexpected nights, and the care from start to finish was exemplary. From MAU orange to D2 with 2 nights in each. All the staff are amazing and work so hard without the true recognition, nothing was too much trouble and willing to go out of their way to help. My only small dilemma was the time it takes to discharge having waited 3 hours.

Review of Endoscopy, written by a patient
17th November 2019

Everyone I met was friendly and very professional. Everything was explained and I knew what was going on. I was really impressed by how clean the toilet facilities were - sadly they're not always like that in (other) hospitals. I can't 'recommend' (as per the question above) endoscopy to anyone I know because I hope they never need it!

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at Queen Alexandra Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen Alexandra Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4rh