queen-alexandra-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 231,061 reviews Write a review

Queen Alexandra Hospital

Southwick Hill Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, England, PO6 3LY

19th June 2018

My medication was treated as though it did not matter, my epilepsy treatment has to be taken 4 times a day or I have a fit. On Sunday I had one dose early morning my next one was not until 3.30 -4pm after that is after the night staff came, for my last one I had to stay awake in the chair until 1.30-2am for the forth level. All my pm tablets were treated no better, at first I was only given one tablet when I am prescribed 6 different meds. It took constant arguments with cocky madam doing them and they came close to right when discharged. My air bed was part deflated and the rest so soft that if laid on it you sunk to the bed frame and all E2 staff said was "Do you know your mattress control machine beeped all night", a 3 year old could work that you do something about it then. While on E2 I started to show syptoms of Addison's disease in blood tests I was treated while there but the medication was stopped when I left. Later next day I had 3 phone calls from a doctor at Queen Alexandra really worried about my condition and saying I should have a immediate blood test and it was beyond her while the medication was stopped as I should have gone home with it, at this point my GP was closed so contacted out of hours doctor who sent for a Ambulance to take me to Worthing Hospital where I stayed until 3.30am having blood test and waiting for results. My cortisone level was still low, they said Queen Alexandra should sent me to Endocrinology while I was still there and also said I should have come have with medication. Only praise I can give is to Mr Somers, very professional and so nice. E2 should be shut, re-staffed. Also while there a very large bang was heard over my bed along with a very bright flash and smell of burning. Eventually maintanance guy showed up turned plug sockets and as they worked said there was nothing wrong, hot totally stupid. I have worked with electrics and what was heard was electrical short just because sockets worked does not mean all is well, it must be investigated further, this was witnessed by the bed opposite and visitors in the room. As for the short I am preparing a statement in case anything develops from this such as eg fire. With regards to my care if anything develops because of appalling care I will take legal advice. The nice man opposite me was being treated in a similar manner.

18th June 2018

Full marks to Mr Green and the team for what, I believe, was not the easiest of procedures. Everybody was considerate and helpful and although I do not look forward to any possible future consultations (!) I know that I shall be in good hands if the time comes.

17th June 2018

well organised and fantastic care from the nurses

15th June 2018

Nothing was too much trouble. EVERY member of staff was outstanding: from doctors to midwives, catering staff, receptionists, and support workers. There was lots of help and advice given for breast feeding and every care was taken to ensure that I was ready to go home and that I was confident with breast feeding. Despite the ward being very busy, there seemed to be someone available to help whenever I needed it. Lots of advice was given about the next stages for when I went home and how to recover from my C-Section. My husband and I are incredibly grateful to everyone in maternity and are incredibly impressed with the professionalism, compassion and kindness of the staff.

14th June 2018

All staff were very helpful,efficient and courteous plus the procedure was very well explained and completely painless.