queen-alexandra-hospital

« 1 2 3 4 »

Review of Cardiology Consultant OPD,
21st September 2021

Nye Annurin Bevan would be very proud of this hospital

Excellent staff n work ethic

19th September 2021

I was treated with total respect and for the first time in my life was not judged due to my history. My sons consultant was very inclusive of me each ward round and always made sure that I understood what was being discussed and explained any medical terms that I didn’t understand. He made sure that any questions I had were answered as soon as possible if not straight away. The care shown to my son and indeed myself was second to none and I really can’t fault it. I think that the only one thing I felt could be improved was the amount of parent rooms. I was very very fortunate that due to circumstances I had one of the very few parents rooms for 8 out of the 13 weeks my son spent in NICU but with there only being 4 on the unit with potentially 30+ babies there needs to be more rooms for parents to stay if they don’t live nearby or they don’t drive or have access to a car because otherwise it’s very limiting to how much time you can spend with your baby. I was lucky to be able to be with my son every hour of the day. The staff on NICU absolutely amazing, it blew me away how fantastic they all were. My sons consultant - I couldn’t have wished for a better, kinder, more knowledgeable or more caring person and I owe him and the NICU nurses the world for them giving me my son, my world.

Review of Hepatology OPD,
15th September 2021

All the staff were very kind and caring, they put me at my ease. I was concerned about going for my appointment, but need not have worried, everyone was so nice towards me.

I can't think of anything

Experience
Written by a private patient
29th July 2021

I was sent to QA to the nuclear medicine department to have a dye injected into my prior to a Lymph node biopsy. The technician who carried out the procedure was excellent. Everything was explained to me and I was put at ease throughout. I have not hesitation in recommending this hospital and the facility. Everything was excellent.

24th June 2021

I came up to the hospital on Wednesday to the Gastroenterologist for an appointment . I was asked to go for a blood test in the same department, I ended up with blood being taken from my wrist , now my arm is black blue and so painful. I always have trouble giving blood , I did explain this and also said it normally has to be taken out of the back of my hand but my idea was not even entertained by the nurse. I certainly did not think by just going for a consultation I would end up in pain on my hand and arm.

Review of Colposcopy Clinic,
24th May 2021

All the Nurses (male & Female) & receptionist were so polite, well mannered and eager to help in any way they could. The Doctor, (Dr. Fergus Thursby-Pelham) who performed the procedure was excellent. Kind, chatty and very very gentle. (I never felt anything and watched on the screen as to what he was doing. Really interesting as he removed a few polyps from my bowel. Overall the whole procedure from end to end was excellent.

Nothing.

19th May 2021

I was admitted to AMU on Monday 17th May with Breathing difficulties. I was given various tests and a chest X-ray, heart Echo and refered to Lilac Ward. All the staff on there were very professional and treated me very well. Later in the evening I was moved to G5 Respiratory given Nebulishers and then went to sleep. My condition improved overnight and after more medication and Nebulisher and a lovely breakfast I was allowed home to finish my medication at home. I just want to say a massive thank you for all your good work helping me, especially Nurse Kelly on G5 overnight who brought me a lovely cup of tea when I went to her ward. Everyone treated me so well and I feel I need to say THANK YOU FOR YOU DID FOR ME. Mrs Lynn Whicker.

13th May 2021

I was referred to the early pregnancy unit by my GP, the nurse who conducted my assessment and scan left me feeling unimportant and worthless, she didn’t speak to me about what had led me to them no explanation at all about what was going to happen, I was told to sit down and pull my trousers down and she placed some gel on me to scan then told me to empty my bladder as she need to scan me internally as she couldn’t see anything, I was rushed to go the toilet and came back and everything had been put away as it was her lunch break, she then told me to undress and put a gown on, her nexts words were it’s there look you’ve got your dates wrong I asked if I could film the heartbeat as my partner wasn’t with me and she turned the screen around and said I’m printing them. I was told to get dressed and she gave me the pictures in an envelope and said don’t open them now not everyone gets good news like you. This is my first pregnancy, I was scared as losing blood for 5 days prior I had never had contact with a midwife before, this was my first experience and it has left me worried and concerned that I will be treat with such contempt in the coming months.

Review of Endoscopy,
5th May 2021

Was treated with respect and dignity by nurses at all times .was kept informed throughout the whole procedure by Dr Jan Kubovy and continually checked on comfort throughout.

None

27th April 2021

QA look after my type 1 diabetes under Prof Cumin. Very good service and on top of my requirements.

« 1 2 3 4 »
{{category}} working at Queen Alexandra Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen Alexandra Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4rh