queen-alexandra-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 231,375 reviews Write a review

Queen Alexandra Hospital

Southwick Hill Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, England, PO6 3LY

23rd August 2019

The care I received during my 3 day stay on D5 ward for total hip replacement was excellent. From the moment I arrived for the operation on the Friday to going home on day three I was looked after really well. The nursing staff were kind and professional and the team providing food, tea and coffee throughout the day were top rate. The whole process was considered to be well organised and thoughtfully planned with a view to achieving a successful outcome for the patient. Information provided by physiotherapists before and after the operation was really good and the physical help and guidance given in learning how to walk and climb stairs using a frame /elbow crutches was kindly and expertly given. The whole experience on ward D5 was positive and I would like to thank all those involved.

22nd August 2019
Written by a family member

I accompanied my mum for an eye procedure today. The staff were all very friendly, thorough and professional. We did not have to wait long to be seen for the pre-surgical screening. The nurse put us at ease with comprehensive explanations on the next steps. Then went into another room and saw the two consultants that would be performing the procedure. Both again very caring, patient and checked everything over thoroughly. The surgeons were very skilful in the execution and checked with mum throughout the procedure that she was OK. After completion we even had a tea and biscuits in the recovery area before a nurse explained the aftercare and follow up. We are very thankful to everyone who made this visit as pleasant as possible and are blessed that QA Hospital is here for us. We’ve been very happy with this outcome.

20th August 2019

Visit to the eye day clinic for routine eye injection for my Macular degeneration. I was treated with the usual dignity and respect. My appointment was on time and the waiting time was as expected. The staff that treated my condition were very informative and sympathetic to my treatment. I can totally recommend this service and hospital to all.

20th August 2019

I cannot find any fault with any department I visit in QAH

19th August 2019

Admitted to D5 on Friday 16th for a full hip replacement. The surgery took place at time arranged and I was up on the ward by 5pm. My consultant who carried out the surgery came onto the ward on his way out to check that I was ok and to tell me how my surgery went. My whole stay on the ward was managed by competent capable staff who were cheerful and had my best interest at heart. Apart from a couple of Agency staff, who completed the job basically, the rest of the staff were amazing. I would never choose to have treatment at amy other hospital if QA were offered. Mr Shaw, who carried out my Operation is a fantastic surgeon who is no 1 in his field in my opinion. I have every faith in his expertise in the future.

{{category}} working at Queen Alexandra Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen Alexandra Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4rh