queen-alexandra-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 172,363 reviews Write a review

Queen Alexandra Hospital

Southwick Hill Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, England, PO6 3LY

23rd April 2017

Having recently spent some time in bed F7 of acute oncology, and being released into a comfortable chemo-therapy program on Good Friday the 14th of April this year; I felt it essential that I should at least offer this little thank you to everybody connected with my care. The small ward was kept immaculate, and everything possible was done day and night to ensure that any difficulty was dealt with quickly and kindly. It goes without saying that all aspects of my actual consultations, explanations and treatment were, I consider, of the highest order; being always direct, complete, comprehensible to a layperson, and most kindly given by the wonderful Dr O'Callaghan and all her team. During the nights, when perhaps one was suffering discomfort; attention was always equal in every way to that provided during the day. Indeed the quiet way in which necessary treatment was continued during the entire 24 hour period was particularly impressive in the attention to detail and the organisation that must have been behind such efficiency. I offer my sincere thanks to the considerable number of wonderful and kind people who looked after me so well, from the most senior to the most recent recruits, as I understand that shortly before I was allowed to go home, a charming ex agency nurse became another full time member of your wonderful team! Congratulations indeed. Thank you again! Vince.

22nd April 2017
Written by a family member

For Haematology & Oncology: The Reception desk staff could do with some customer engagement re-training. The next person to present themselves may the thousand they have seen that day and they are tired. But for the patient it may be their first time, they may well be very anxious, nervous and worried. Each one needs to be treated as if this was the first person the receptionist has ever met and they aim to make a big impression. Also, if they say they are going to do something then it should be done. All too often it is found that a message or action has not been carried out - perhaps they were distracted, the other party did not answer their phone (another big issue everywhere), or they changed shift. For the Day Unit: They may see over 100 patients a day, but keeping the place need and tidy (look at the litter on the floor and over-flowing bins) is important. When one arrives and it looks shabby, one wonders how much care is being taken on other things. Also, the hospital advertises Wi-Fi with O2. Having tried and spoken to many, many patients and staff it is very clear this does not work and needs to be resolved as a priority. If the tax-payer is paying in any way they need to get their money back, and in any even the supplier should be changed. It does not work. It is clear that some nurses are very good and some not quite as good. It might be worth conducting some confidential surveys after a visit to identify which ones could do with some additional training. All that said, the overall care and compassion with everyone involved in Oncology is way better than in any other area, and overall people should be congratulated. It is only these others things that if attended to would add even more. Thank You.

21st April 2017

Made to feel very comfortable by the friendly and and skilled staff. Very impressed

20th April 2017

The day surgery staff was very polite and nice. I was feeling a bit nurveous before operation, but anaesthesiologist come me down. The nurse Michelle was very helpful and look after me with a care. She organized the food for me to eat as I do not consume anything with gluten and diary. When my family came pick me up, they were very nice and cheer up my little boy who was upset. The surgeon who did operation is such a nice lady. Her smile made me brave! I really hope that all patients are happy with the service you provide!

19th April 2017

Total care and compassion shown to me at all times by all staff whatever their role or position in making my recovery as comfortable and safe as possible, i can't thank them enough.