Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

2nd November 2015
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr. Hobbs is a very caring and understanding consultant a doctor that you can talk to and get some understanding of the problems that he and you may face while under his care.

29th October 2015
Written by a carer at New Cross Hospital

Mr Hobbs is a real peoples person, when it comes to the care of his patients. He's genuine, a doctor who is dedicated to his work and the wellbeing of the patients under his care. He explains things as they are, he always has an positive and optimistic attitude which can be reassuring to the patient when they are going through a difficult time and when things haven't worked, he will try to find a solution. My mother Gian has had numerous procedures to correct the circulation problem to her leg and foot. Mr Hobbs has provided great care and help through the process even when there have been problems. Mom thinks he's a brilliant doctor and person. As a family we can't thank him enough for all the help and support he has given to my mom over the years as her consultant and surgeon. He's sincere and down to earth guy. Thank you Mr Hobbs... I hope and pray that they will find a break through solution that will reduce the number of graft failures in the future...

18th October 2015
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr Hobbs was very friendly and made us feel at ease. He explained things thoroughly and was very patient. He made us feel confident. We will have a follow up appointment and shall feel relaxed about seeing him.

17th October 2015
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

I was recommended to see Mr Hobbs by my sister who was extremely pleased with the outcome of her operation to strip varicose veins. As did she I found Mr Hobbs very easy to talk to and he listened to my concerns about the problems I was having. He acknowledged that I needed treatment to my right leg and explained in detail the Venefit procedure that he would perform. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Simon Hobbs. Mrs Elaine Bowman

1st October 2015
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

I attended hospital for a fairly routine check up and was dismayed to learn of a serious condition and was referred to Doctor Simon Hobbs, who quickly identified a huge Aortic Aneurysm which was life threatening. Mr Hobbs discussed fully the options and advised immediate surgery. Within a few days he and his team undertook the operation to stent my Aneurysm which was successfully performed. I was quite naturally extremely shocked and worried as to the outcome of such surgery but throughout the whole process of diagnosis, hospitalisation, recovery and subsequent checks during the past two years I can only say that he gave me a huge amount of support and confidence in my recovery. Mr Hobbs in my view can only be described as outstanding and I have no hesitation in recommending him to you.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons