Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

29th June 2016
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

A gentleman with compasion,a great listener,very investigative and informative an excellent bedside manner it was a pleasure to meet him,he had my trust from the start.I saw him at the Nuffield,New Cross and my surgery was carried out at Russells Hall.His demeanour at all times was impeccable.

12th February 2016
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr Hobbs and his team were excellent throughout the whole of my treatment. I can not speak too highly of the care and information I received.I was concerned about having an operation in a hospital I did not know, but the experience was most reassuring.I have no suggestions for improvement.

16th December 2015
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Top quality èxçeĺĺent care throughout my course of pre and post operative treatment by Mr. Hobbs. I cannot praise him highly enough for his caring and compassion at all times and being prepared to spend "as long as it takes" with each patient , sometimes just to sit and listen to my concerns and then to encourage and put my mind at rest with just a few words .With grateful thanks from tony broadhurst.

19th November 2015
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

While under the care of Mr Hobbs, I found him to be very professional but also compassionate which made me feel at ease with any worries or concerns I had about the procedure. He explained everything I did not understand in what was going to happen during and after and didn't complex things with the usual medical jargon you get off most medical professions. Although Mr Hobbs has many patients I found him to be very personal in my individual needs and I felt as I wasn't just a number on a piece of paper to him. Aftercare was also excellent and I don't feel as if I'd just been left to recuperate alone as I was told there was always someone to call if they were needed. My overall experience whilst being under the care of Mr Hobbs was impeccable and I couldn't have asked for any better care.

2nd November 2015
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr. Hobbs is a very caring and understanding consultant a doctor that you can talk to and get some understanding of the problems that he and you may face while under his care.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons