Mr Simon Hobbs

Mr Simon Hobbs is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working in the Black Country Vascular Network. He completed his undergraduate education at Birmingham University in 1998 and then undertook basic and higher surgical training in the major vascular units in the West Midlands. He was awarded the prestigious BSET Endovascular Fellowship post in Liverpool, gaining experience in the management of complex aortic aneurysms. He has a passionate interest in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysms and lower limb peripheral arterial disease. Mr Hobbs has a specialist interest in providing high quality varicose vein and thread vein treatments specialising in minimally invasive, local anaesthetic techniques that are performed as walk-in, walk-out procedures.

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

16th December 2015
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Top quality èxçeĺĺent care throughout my course of pre and post operative treatment by Mr. Hobbs. I cannot praise him highly enough for his caring and compassion at all times and being prepared to spend "as long as it takes" with each patient , sometimes just to sit and listen to my concerns and then to encourage and put my mind at rest with just a few words .With grateful thanks from tony broadhurst.

19th November 2015
Written by a patient at Russells Hall Hospital

While under the care of Mr Hobbs, I found him to be very professional but also compassionate which made me feel at ease with any worries or concerns I had about the procedure. He explained everything I did not understand in what was going to happen during and after and didn't complex things with the usual medical jargon you get off most medical professions. Although Mr Hobbs has many patients I found him to be very personal in my individual needs and I felt as I wasn't just a number on a piece of paper to him. Aftercare was also excellent and I don't feel as if I'd just been left to recuperate alone as I was told there was always someone to call if they were needed. My overall experience whilst being under the care of Mr Hobbs was impeccable and I couldn't have asked for any better care.

2nd November 2015
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr. Hobbs is a very caring and understanding consultant a doctor that you can talk to and get some understanding of the problems that he and you may face while under his care.

29th October 2015
Written by a carer at New Cross Hospital

Mr Hobbs is a real peoples person, when it comes to the care of his patients. He's genuine, a doctor who is dedicated to his work and the wellbeing of the patients under his care. He explains things as they are, he always has an positive and optimistic attitude which can be reassuring to the patient when they are going through a difficult time and when things haven't worked, he will try to find a solution. My mother Gian has had numerous procedures to correct the circulation problem to her leg and foot. Mr Hobbs has provided great care and help through the process even when there have been problems. Mom thinks he's a brilliant doctor and person. As a family we can't thank him enough for all the help and support he has given to my mom over the years as her consultant and surgeon. He's sincere and down to earth guy. Thank you Mr Hobbs... I hope and pray that they will find a break through solution that will reduce the number of graft failures in the future...

18th October 2015
Written by a patient at New Cross Hospital

Mr Hobbs was very friendly and made us feel at ease. He explained things thoroughly and was very patient. He made us feel confident. We will have a follow up appointment and shall feel relaxed about seeing him.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons