Mr Nikhil Pawa

16th October 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Mr Pawa met up with me and my family to explain my illness and what procedures would follow. He was very kind and patient and explained in detail what I needed to know and I feel confident that I will be well looked after.

9th September 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

What a brilliant surgeon and person. Really cares. Explains everything properly. And the treatment the after care. Absolutely superb. I trusted him implicitly and he came through for me. I can’t thank him enough.

12th May 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I was admitted after a week of bowel disturbance which turned into Right sided upper abdominal and flank pain. within 16 hours if presenting to A&E I had had a CT scan which showed the problem. Likely a high grade Lymphoma.Mr Pawa pushed for a confirmatory biopsy and only once the results became available (Bank Holiday Weekend intervening) he rushed a referral to Haematologists. Within a day of the confirmatory result, he'd referred me to the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital. In short, efficient, human, honest care. He never lost sight of the fact that I was a real person. Cannot recommend highly enough.

5th May 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in Dec 17. It was a total shock to hear the news given to me. Luckily Martina Cussack ( Cancer Nurse ) was there to reassure me and guide me through what would happen over the next 3 weeks ie CT scan / MIR scan / Colonoscopy etc. When all the results were in, the surgeon Mr Pawa ( Nik as we now know him ) would advise best option. It was decided surgery was best and I was booked in for the 25th Jan 18 to have the tumour removed and a temporary stoma ( which meant having a bag). On the morning of the operation Nik came round to reassure me that all would be good and would see me after the operation. Nik kept my wife fully informed and I woke up late that evening. I was in hospital for 2 weeks and Nik visited nearly every day and sometimes twice to keep an eye on me. I saw Nik several times over the next few months and 5 months later it was time to have the reversal. Again I was in hospital for two weeks and Nik visited daily to keep me up to date. It is now over a year since my operation and I have seen Nik several times to arrange the yearly scans, and for him to observe the results. I felt the whole time that Nik and his marvellous team were in control and everything went to plan. I can't thank the team enough.

2nd May 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Many, many thanks Mr Pawa for guiding me through a difficult time and out the other side with optimism for the future. Knowledge, bedside manner, caring, professionalism, not to mention determination to complete the surgery successfully - 5 stars for all aspects of my treatment. If I could award 6 I would.

Short link to review Mr Nikhil Pawa: http://iwgc.net/egl24