Mr Nikhil Pawa

12th May 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I was admitted after a week of bowel disturbance which turned into Right sided upper abdominal and flank pain. within 16 hours if presenting to A&E I had had a CT scan which showed the problem. Likely a high grade Lymphoma.Mr Pawa pushed for a confirmatory biopsy and only once the results became available (Bank Holiday Weekend intervening) he rushed a referral to Haematologists. Within a day of the confirmatory result, he'd referred me to the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital. In short, efficient, human, honest care. He never lost sight of the fact that I was a real person. Cannot recommend highly enough.

5th May 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in Dec 17. It was a total shock to hear the news given to me. Luckily Martina Cussack ( Cancer Nurse ) was there to reassure me and guide me through what would happen over the next 3 weeks ie CT scan / MIR scan / Colonoscopy etc. When all the results were in, the surgeon Mr Pawa ( Nik as we now know him ) would advise best option. It was decided surgery was best and I was booked in for the 25th Jan 18 to have the tumour removed and a temporary stoma ( which meant having a bag). On the morning of the operation Nik came round to reassure me that all would be good and would see me after the operation. Nik kept my wife fully informed and I woke up late that evening. I was in hospital for 2 weeks and Nik visited nearly every day and sometimes twice to keep an eye on me. I saw Nik several times over the next few months and 5 months later it was time to have the reversal. Again I was in hospital for two weeks and Nik visited daily to keep me up to date. It is now over a year since my operation and I have seen Nik several times to arrange the yearly scans, and for him to observe the results. I felt the whole time that Nik and his marvellous team were in control and everything went to plan. I can't thank the team enough.

2nd May 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

Many, many thanks Mr Pawa for guiding me through a difficult time and out the other side with optimism for the future. Knowledge, bedside manner, caring, professionalism, not to mention determination to complete the surgery successfully - 5 stars for all aspects of my treatment. If I could award 6 I would.

16th March 2019
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

An excellent doctor, very knowledgeable and kind, always dealt quickly with queries. Extremely supportive, post operative checks were excellent too.

16th March 2019
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

My wife unfortunately had appendicitis whilst giving birth at West Middlesex which then went on to perforate. The surgical team and in particular Mr Pawa were outstanding in their communication and were diligent in providing high quality care throughout our stay in hospital. As a healthcare professional myself I was very impressed with his manner, professionalism and I would highly recommend Mr Pawa to other patients. He was able to address our concerns very well providing us with clear explanations on why certain decisions would be more appropriate than others. West mid are lucky to have him. My wife has made a full recovery and we are extremely thankful to Mr Pawa for making a difficult start to parenthood that little bit easier.

Short link to review Mr Nikhil Pawa: http://iwgc.net/egl24