Mr MN Bittar

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as a professor (Hon)@ the University of Salford.

• Cardiothoracic surgery

20th May 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Mr Bittar operated on me on 29/01/19, performing a right upper right loboctomy using keyhole surgery. After seven weeks I was back at work and am walking 30-40 mins daily. All I have been left with a three small scars which are fully healed. I cannot thank him and his team enough for the professional treatment I have been given.

14th April 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

I had an Aortic valve replacement and a coronary artery bypass grafting in January 2019 performed by Mr Bittar. I would like to thank him and all his team for the care I received, I cannot believe that this operation has made such a difference to me for my every day life and mobility. The experience when I had my first sneeze was a little traumatic and people should be aware of this. I required a procedure to reset my heart which was called atrial fibrulation which was carried out on the ward after my surgery and this was swiftly carried out.

13th April 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Mr BITTAR gave me a quadruple bypass in 2010 and he gave me a new lease of life immediately.The surgery was performed on a Tuesday afternoon and I was back home on Friday lunchtime.Having had discomfort for quite some time,after the operation I felt a new man totally transformed feeling wonderful. Mr BITTAR is an exceptional surgeon who communicates very well so that you know what is going to be done and he exudes confidence making you feel secure. Thank you Mr BITTAR for ALL you did for me I am grateful for you SAVING MY LIFE. Robert Dagnall.

26th March 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Professor Bittar is a charming and highly skilled surgeon, who readily fills you with confidence. He is supported by a fantastic multi-disciplinary team at Blackpool Victoria Hospital's Cardiac Unit. I cannot adequately praise the standard of care I received. When a routine scan revealed that cancer had returned again, I was devastated. A couple of clinicians had declined to do a biopsy on the tumour that was in very close proximity to my heart, because of the inherent risks. My future seemed very grim ........until I was referred to Professor Bittar. He showed me the scans and carefully outlined the 2 relevant operations I required, answered my concerns, subsequently inspiring me with hope and confidence. Ten days later, Professor Bittar performed a VATS wedge resection on the tumour in my left lung, and then after recovery time a VATS lobectomy on my right lung. This minimally invasive thoracic surgery has resulted in a rapid recovery, small scars and feeling amazingly well. Close regular monitoring through scans will follow. I will always be eternally grateful for the efficient and empathetic treatment/care I received.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

Aortic valve replacement surgery on 11 Dec 2018 at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. Mr Bittar and all his team were brilliant, everything was clearly explained at each stage and Mr Bittar came round every day to monitor my progress. It was very noticeable how much the team respected him and enjoyed working with him. Family and friends have commented how much better I am since the operation and I have Mr Bittar to thank for that, which I do wholeheartedly. O h I mustn't forget secretary Anne, what a treasure she is, thanks Anne.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons