Mr MN Bittar

I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, my practice is mixed. In cardiac surgery I have a special interest in aortic surgery, minimally invasive aortic surgery, I also perform the general cardiac operations ( CABG, OPCAB and valve surgery). In thoracic surgery, I deal with chest wall, lung, pleural and mediastinal surgical diseases. I have special interest in the minimally invasive approach (video assisted thoracoscopic procedures-VATS lobectomy) and fractured ribs fixation. I am interested in research; my qualification is a Medical Doctorate M.D. from Manchester University in 2007. My thesis was based on inflammatory response to the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. This response was linked to certain genotypes of a certain polymorphisms. My current affiliation is with the University of Salford, I am collaborating with researchers studying the myocardial cell dysfunction, the inflammatory response and its effect on the conduits that used in cardiac surgery.Recently I was appointed as honorary professor @ the University of Salford.

• Cardiothoracic surgery

29th January 2019
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

very attentive and thorough. x-ray bloods and doppler test can be done in one area and save outpatients time and a speedier result return to appropriate surgeon or doctor

28th January 2019
Written by a member of staff at Royal Preston Hospital

In regards to teaching, Mr. Bittar took time out in between patients to teach the method of interpretation of many cardiovascular investigations (x-ray, angiogram, echo etc.). Prior to this, no other clinic has offered or taken the time out to go out of their way and teach medical students in such a manner. I thank him for this opportunity.

30th November 2018
Written by a carer at Victoria Hospital

very good doctor. and taken care of my mother. . he was very reassuring and he takes personal care about his patients

30th November 2018
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

He is an absolute brilliant Sugeon I never thought I would breath right again I was worried before the operation but I didn't want to live like that but now I have had the operation I can breath again I can get about go to the shops I have got my life back so GOD Bless you Mr Bittar

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital

I would like to a very big thank you to Mr Bittar. After a very successful operation, I found Mr Bittar to be an exceptional surgeon, who has a very caring attitude, is friendly yet totally professional. This high standard shown by Mr Bittar continued to be replicated by his entire team from the Cardiac Department to the Outpatients appointments. A very big thank you to Blackpool Victoria and Preston Hospitals for the outstanding care.

Nearest Cardiothoracic surgeons