victoria-hospital-2

Whinney Heys Road, Blackpool, England, FY3 8NR

1 2 3 4 5 69,629 reviews

Written by a NHS patient
26th April 2021

I attended A&E following a fall on the beach where I injured my arm. I found social sistanced seating areas to be very clean. I waited 2hrs to be seen but Im guessing others were prioritised due to their injuries. Once see I was X rayed, re-seen and then cared for by lovely Bradley who made me feel very comfortable and cared for. Thank you Bradley. I did not cry after leaving you will be pleased to know.

Safe
Written by a private patient
17th February 2021

I got C19 while in.hospital. in high dependency ICU post operation. a nurse gave me medication and checked a dressing without first cleaning her hands otr wearing gloves. I challenged her and was "I don't have corvid " 4 days later I had corvid and was placed on the corvid ward Shame as she let the entire hospital down

Written by a NHS patient
31st January 2021

I was transferred from Barrow A&E having had a heart attack while on holiday in the Lake District. I was under the care of Dr B Patel and his team in the cardiac centre and received fast and efficient care. I was worried but was greeted by staff who explained everything that was going to happen, meeting Dr Patel, having a angiogram and stents fitted. I have nothing but praise for everyone l came into contact with from the ambulance drivers, nursing staff and Dr Patel who l feel quick and decisive action saved my life. I then spent 48hrs on the cardiac ward and the ward next door and all staff were professional, efficient and friendly.

14th October 2020

After surgery the food seemed to have an odd aftertaste, this was either due to my medication or the food did have an odd aftertaste. Fortunately the portions were small. After surgery I was placed in a single room next to the nurses station. Unfortunately for me outside my door was a supplementary station which was poorly lit, this caused staff to keep the door of my room open at night so they could see what they were doing. The result was disturbed nights due to noise and light. This was corrected as soon as I mentioned it. But dont rely on people 'not wanting to make a fuss', this needs sorting! At the very least put a light over the desk. Communication is as usual on a 'need to know' basis, which is decided by the staff. When or if lessons on Communication are given It is probably best not to employ former Security Service staff to deliver them. Overall the treatment I received, as far as I am competant to judge, was excellent. I do not find it easy to write reviews so normally dont bother, however, my hospital stay, my first! was a big deal for me so I have made the effort. A big thank you to All the staff involved in my care back in June.

10th July 2020

As the NHS celebrates its birthday I would like to add my sincere thanks to the staff at Blackpool Victoria Hospital for the wonderful care that I had and am still receiving from them. Four weeks ago my bicycle and I parted company on a patch of sand resulting in a broken ankle for me. An off duty nurse called Joe came to my rescue and prevented me from doing any further damage. His kindness and care to me was the start of all that I received in the following weeks. The Ambulance team that stabilised and transported me, the X-ray people at Whitegate Drive, arriving into the care of A&E at Victoria where after a dose of Ketamine, my ankle was realigned and plastered. That was quite an experience! Early hours of the morning and up to Red Bay on Ward 35 where I was treated to a cup of tea and toast, a smile and ‘it’s no trouble’. I was operated on later in the day, thank you to Mr Anand and his team who have followed my progress all the way through. I must now start my ‘thank yous’ and if I miss anyone out I apologise. The Sisters on the ward making sure that everything ran smoothly, the staff nurses and training nurses giving us our medications and helping with other tasks. The physio team who were so encouraging and professional. The cleaners who kept the ward spotless and always had a cheery word. Finally I want to say a special thank you to the Health Care Assistants, who I personally think are the back bone of the ward. Your kindness, cheerfulness, nothing ever too much trouble for you in what were sometimes not the most pleasant of jobs, it was always done with care and compassion, thank you. I am now an outpatient, attending Mr Anand’s clinic and the plaster clinic, where in both places the care and kindness are still there in all my treatments. Thank you.

16th June 2020

A member of my family was unexpectedly very unwell and consequently seen by Professor Bittar as an inpatient in Blackpool. The patient journey from admission, care on Citu, ward 39 through to surgery and discharge was well managed and driven by what my relative needed. Aside from the excellent clinical care Professor Bittar, his medical team and the nursing teams provided, what really struck us as a family was the patience, time and compassion shown to us as we tried to make sense of things at one of the most vulnerable times in our family life. This made all the difference to us and helped us trust that our relative was in safe hands. It also helped us to cope with the seriousness of what was happening at that time. We honestly cannot thank Professor Bittar and his colleagues enough for what they have done - which is to give us years of life together as a family - thank you!

{{category}} working at Victoria Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Victoria Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6dm